Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looorreeee

DirkDeadeye

First off, welcome back Dirk.

Second, we pretty much know stalker didn't go into cryo. His lore says he walked these worlds while tenno slept. As for everything else, not bad, though I'm still not sure about the "stalker is a secret tenno" part.

Not a tenno..sort of a loophole. I speculate he survived the void, perhaps made him a killing machine. Even without a frame, maybe he was even more powerful without the frame helping him control his powers. Maybe throughout the centures he learned to phase through space, and possibly time. Edit: like he kind of just poofs out of black smoke. Gameplay conciet or product of void expoosure on a different kind of human subject. This is such a stretch. But I like the Anyo connection. I'd imagine the corpus would find a way to adapt warframe tech on a subject like himself. Given his past, and the oppertunity. Maybe he was to be dissected after the process and he escaped. Edit: Ultra hail mary lore explanation; his escape prompted Alad V to inact the zanuka project with knowledge of adapting warframe tech onto the stalker What bugs me is killing leaders gets his attention. Maybe a gameplay conciet. Or possibly he requires fresh parts because he's not completely compatable..and must hunt to maintain his existance. Edit: his void induced psycosis has given him a feeling of megalomania, or possibly a god complex. He seems to think that his deeds are justified in a moral sense that being hunting tenno for assasinating his payors but in reality once bonded with the suit, it may have been detremential to his health. He lost a lot of the powers he's honed and perfected over the centuries, Edit: perhaps he's also trying to restore his former glory by slaying and stealing their techology, in a relentless, yet fruitless endeavor.

But the immortality, could be a side effect of void exposure, or a gameplay conciet..same with the pseudo-omnipotence he has. He kind of appears, phases through space, defeated, much like vor he just phases back, to the void?

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I think the immortality is half gameplay conciet half lore...when he's defeated he kneels back down before vanishing so I don't think you're technically killing him but he has to keep coming back for gameplay reasons

As for the other parts, the fact that he was formerly a "low" Guardian, and that tenno are semi-mythological even during the time of the orokin makes me question any previous connection he had to the tenno...as was mentioned earlier in this thread, there's many ways to create an effect, he may be wearing a warframe, he may not. We just don't know.

Otherwise good job.

I think the immortality is half gameplay conciet half lore...when he's defeated he kneels back down before vanishing so I don't think you're technically killing him but he has to keep coming back for gameplay reasons

As for the other parts, the fact that he was formerly a "low" Guardian, and that tenno are semi-mythological even during the time of the orokin makes me question any previous connection he had to the tenno...as was mentioned earlier in this thread, there's many ways to create an effect, he may be wearing a warframe, he may not. We just don't know.

Otherwise good job.

Yeah, that's that weird grey area that makes this difficult, and fun at the same time.  But IMO just the way he looks suggests to me he's a hacked together 'waframe'. Problem with my stealing parts theory is, is that he never changes shape. Or maybe he just needs simple components or something to stay alive.

For the people talking about what zanuka is made from, I just fought harvester and lost, and when I was killed Alad V said "Good job zanuka. This tenno's bones will make you a fine sibling." 

That might have just been hyperbole, or zanuka might actually have tenno bones inside it.

Regarding the Stalkers immortality/longevity and Warframe

I think we need to look at the common factors here.

1. We are given two codex entries that suggest that Tenno are changed in the void and as a result at least some have abilities that match the powers we use in-game.

2. Regardless of "powers" it's strongly suggested that all Tenno have been changes by the Void

3. In-game powers are limited to specific Warframes (But there will be common ones eventually) via Orokin Mods suggesting there is at least some requirement for the Warframe

4. The Stalker is very resilient and has lived for a very long time.

5. The Stalker is not a Tenno but wears a Warframe and uses Tenno abilities

6. Vor has been changed by the Void, and as a result continues to survive a fatal wound

7. Vor comments in-game that "killing" him does not stop him

Given that "Tenno powers" are tied to "Void energy" and "Resistance to mundane fatal wounds" is tied to "Void Energy" then I think we can conclude that the Stalker _must_ have been exposed to the Void at one point or another. Most likely _after_ the Orokin pogrom.

Note that I'm a _strong_ proponent of the idea that Void energy is shaped by personality and hence abilities (In some Tenno, even outside Warframes) and the systems that enable those abilities can be re-shaped by a strong enough "emotional event"

Hence, IMHO, The Stalkers Warframe, Hate, Despair, Dread are the same sort of "modified by emotionally charged void energy" equipment as the stripped down Valkyr Warframe

DESteve said the Tenno are the good guys no smile and shrug (this may have been an earlier stance but the devstream I mention is definitely more recent and the topic hasn't been revisited) no ambiguity at all the "good guys" those exact words. Furthermore when asked the perfectly valid question of whether or not there were other non-Grineer or Corpus humans in the system his response was "of course there are who do you think your working to protect". There isn't a great deal of ambiguity their either. 

- If all the Tenno are good guys...why are they engaged in bloody civil war, and broken up across countless competing alliances?  They can't 'all' be good guys.

- If the Tenno are good guys, why did they slaughter the Orokin?  What crime did the Orokin commit that warrented their extinction?

- And who the heck are these faceless humans?  And why do I care?  I thought I was a mercenary.

Dillemas;

- If we simply annihilate the Grineer and the Corpus, or render them impotent, won't that throw the Solar System into far bloodier chaos?  Since so far as we know these 'humans' have no industrial, political, or technological base of their own.  Th infested would run rampant, and the humans would likely dissolve into sectarian conflict. 

- Why do the Tenno care about 'humans' anyway? The Tenno annihilated the Orokin for some unknown reason millenia ago, and now woke up caring about humans, to whom they apparently have no connection?  Why?  And aren't Corpus humans?

- Who will keep the Humans from going extinct against the Infested if the Tenno remove the 'tyrannical shield' of the Corpus/Grineer?  Unless the humans have large enough armies of thier own hiding out somewhere, because surely there simply aren't enough Tenno to hold off the entirety of the infested hordes.  No matter how elite, the Tenno simply can't be everywhere at once.  Armies/Fleets are needed.

- Tenno are Space Mercenaries.  They fight for the Grineer and Corpus regularly.

- Which 'faction' of Tenno are the good guys?  The Tenno are engaged in bloody civil wars across numerous competing alliances.  So...how can they 'all' be good guys?  Clearly the Tenno have competing interests, and not all of those interests can be 'good' otherwise they wouldn't be at odds.

Edited by Hexagoros

@ Hexagoros ... Nice post!  Your "solar-political" analysis is spot on with the operative phrase being "Power Vacuum" ...

At the time of what I would like to term as "The Great Thaw" - that is the "present day" of the Warframe conflict wherein the cyrosleep Tenno are being revived, there are three known relatively balanced power factions:  the Grineer, the Corpus and the Infested in Earth's solar system

Apparently there has been stalemate between these groups for some extended period, although it is hinted that under new leadership of Vor and Alad V and maybe the "Hive Mind" of the Infested, the standoff may have recently become unstable

(As a side note, it is worth noting that the number three is relevant in that it is the minimum number legs a table can be reliably balanced upon ...)

Humans (as we would recognize) are NOT on board with regards to military strength - almost relegated to "refugee" status with possible reservation-like enclaves under Grineer and Corpus control - with the Red Veil Resistance group/movement being so far the only notable exception

Consequently, to focus the activities of the Tenno in terms of "helping" the remnants of humanity would seem implausible ...

I believe that REAL PLAYER of the game is Lotus her(?!)self and that any strategic analysis of the solar system must include "her"

So here is some PURE SPECULATION on my part ...

Lotus may be have called out the Tenno BECAUSE OF the "recent" shift of power between the old three "superpowers", serving as some type of "game warden" to prevent mutual annihilation that was "programmed" to come on line when certain sociopolitical conditions were met ...

Lotus is not just a "missions director" or a "Tenno organizer" but something much more ... an overlord, a conservator, a master, a caregiver of the human race because it was deemed that it was incompetent to manage its own affairs  

It has been suggested in other threads that Lotus may in fact be a Sapient ... the foes of the Orokin Empire that the Tenno aided in overcoming, raising the tantalizing possibility that former enemies (Tenno, Sapients) had formed a separate alliance which then led to the final destruction of the Orokin Age

What if the conflict between the Orokin and the Sapients was based upon the Orokin royalty/society rejecting the "paternalistic" care of the technologically superior Sapients?

Final point:  are the Tenno "good guys"?  Of course they are ... they are man ascendant, able to do what we can't

BUT, the catch is that ALL people believe THEMSELVES to be good - regardless of their back ground

The Grineer think so, as do the Corpus and the Infested

The question is not so much whether one THINKS that one is good but rather does ANOTHER and to distinguish moral "admirability" from mere jealous "admiration"