Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looorreeee

DirkDeadeye

The funny part is, that reaches deep into the games foundation. Lore is bad for games. Unless it's an aside..

Lore is bad for games? Really?

Lore is what sometimes gets players to continue on playing so that they can read the full story. 

Wait what? Tenno were built by orokin to fight their war with the sentients, that we know. They were created by sending people into the void and then putting warframes on them when they came back. Stalker was some sort of orokin foot soldier who witnessed the tenno kill the orokin, and then dedicated his life to destroying them. If anything, the stalker lore is the most clear lore in the game right now.

Tenno was a race, right? So how do you build a race, you can build a tenno warframe, but we then go back to tenno, but no mention of 'warframe'..then orokin, killing, stalker..

Nobody has made a clear timeline. It's nebulous at best. 

edit: noun fail. This S#&$ is making me confused.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Wait what? Tenno were built by orokin to fight their war with the sentients, that we know. They were created by sending people into the void and then putting warframes on them when they came back. Stalker was some sort of orokin foot soldier who witnessed the tenno kill the orokin, and then dedicated his life to destroying them. If anything, the stalker lore is the most clear lore in the game right now.

Edit: codex entry citing that can be found here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

THIS is true, actually.

What we don't know, however, is the nature of the Stalker's credibility itself as well as the nature of the rebellion. Can the Stalker's word be trusted? Did ALL the Tenno rebel or was it separated between Loyalists and Rebels? Is there really a bad guy or a good guy in this conflict?

Nothing is ever black and white, or at the very least the story/lore of Warframe shouldn't be, in my opinion anyway.

Lore is bad for games? Really?

Lore is what sometimes gets players to continue on playing so that they can read the full story. 

I said it's good for an aside, which you just described to me, something that doesn't influence its development along side the storytelling. If you make up the lore as you make the game, you're destined to find yourself in a world of hurt.

Tenno was a race, right? So how do you build a race, you can build a tenno, but we then go back to tenno, but no mention of 'warframe'..then orokin, killing, stalker..

Tenno isn't a race. It's more like... a breed is the best way to put it. Tenno are humans, just different humans. In this case, wrapped in Warframes, have the Technocyte Virus, and they have a lot of power. For example, superheros. Many superheros are human, just different.

We don't know, like Snake said.

We don't know the stalker's age at the time of the betrayal, we don't know the timeline of the war, and if the stalker was old enough to have been a "low guardian" at the time that the war started, we STILL don't know whether or not he had the suit.

So we don't know for sure if stalker was the first frame. But the statement that the warframes were grafted around the Tenno or whatever to contain their powers seems to suggest that he was not.

Tenno was a race, right? So how do you build a race, you can build a tenno, but we then go back to tenno, but no mention of 'warframe'..then orokin, killing, stalker..

First off lolwat, second off a timeline made from what lore we know has been linked to several times in this thread. One of the things I like about warframe is the lack of background lore, it helps you immerse yourself in the whole "amnesiac space ninja" thing. I would like more "present day" lore though.

Tenno are not a race by themselves. They were made as follows:

1. Take one Human/Orokin child

2. Place into spaceship

3. Send ship into the void(gives them powers)

4. Recover ship

5. Graft child into a Warframe when they are grown

This is the process AS FAR AS WE KNOW. Details of their exact creation can only be theorized.

Edited by Ionus

I said it's good for an aside, which you just described to me, something that doesn't influence its development along side the storytelling. If you make up the lore as you make the game, you're destined to find yourself in a world of hurt.

Actually, some games develop the gameplay around the lore. 

Case in point, the Final Fantasy series (which happens to contain more cutscenes than gameplay, but at least it sold pretty well). 

Tenno != Warframe.

Tenno + Void = Warframe as we know them now.

Not disputing there were frames before the rebellion. But they were different, because we were told that the void changed them. Right? Stalker existed before then. So, therefore by simple logic, the stalker predates the excaliber.

Dirk, you're wrong. Because there is absolutely no indication that Stalker had a warframe before Excalibur. He's not a Tenno. The Orokin made the Warframes for the Tenno. That should be enough to tell you that Stalker got his frame after the Tenno did. The only thing that makes sense is that he got his Warframe after the fall of the Orokin and after the Tenno slept and then woke up. Read his codex page. While the Tenno slept, he waited. He's only targeted us after we woke up. Chances are, he killed a Tenno either right before the Tenno slept, or right after they woke up, and THEN took an Excalibur frame.

Shifted, don't quote the wiki. It's not written by DE and is mostly speculation.

Tenno are not a race by themselves. They were made as follows:

1. Take one Human/Orokin child

2. Place into spaceship

3. Send ship into the void(gives them powers)

4. Recover ship

5. Graft child into a Warframe when they are grown

This is the process AS FAR AS WE KNOW. Details of their exact creation can only be theorized.

That recipe looks so... easy. 

No, everything in this game needs to be based on lore, especially the content that's released.

No, everything in this game needs to be based on lore, especially the content that's released.

This is true. There can be no story without lore. There can be no gameplay without lore. Lore is in everything, no matter how miniscule or insignificant. It's like air. It's there, you make use of it all the time, but you don't really notice it.

Ah, it's too up in the air for anyone to tell me i'm wrong when i'm given 5 diffrerent interpretations.

And, don't be upset, I just like having a fun conversation. Worst that happens, I get proven wrong, but I see the bright side in that, I learn something. But still, it's so god damn up in the air, maybe the mistique is intentional.

And when I say lore is detremental, I mean that by, games features that would be kind of fun being walled off by lore.. Lore that I can't get a straight unanimous anwser out of anyone from. :/

Sure a couple people may look like he's presenting an intelligent contribution, and some hanger-oners come by to support him because they can't come up with anything better. I look past that.

This is true. There can be no story without lore. There can be no gameplay without lore. Lore is in everything, no matter how miniscule or insignificant. It's like air. It's there, you make use of it all the time, but you don't really notice it.

You would notice it once we get the air vacuumed out. 

Ah, it's too up in the air for anyone to tell me i'm wrong when i'm given 5 diffrerent interpretations.

And, don't be upset, I just like having a fun conversation. Worst that happens, I get proven wrong, but I see the bright side in that, I learn something. But still, it's so god damn up in the air, maybe the mistique is intentional.

And when I say lore is detremental, I mean that by, games features that would be kind of fun being walled off by lore.. Lore that I can't get a straight unanimous anwser out of anyone from. :/

Sure a couple people may look like he's presenting an intelligent contribution, and some hanger-oners come by to support him because they can't come up with anything better. I look past that.

Go to the Stalker lore thread. Everything you need to know is there.

Not to say that the ones who are using their reading comprehension and devotion to the games are bad people, or wrong. Just saying, hanging on to those people doesn't equate to credability when I'm still posed with differing interpretations.

This seems vaguely insulting...and lore is vitally important to any game beyond the simplest of arcade titles, why else would we have any incentive to progress through the story?

*Disclaimer: Ingredients may or may not be found at local grocer.

Humans/children: Most likely

A ship: Probable

A ship that can withstand the Void: 50-50

The Void: Not likely

An instant mutated human/child: Very unlikely

A Warframe: Depends on the availability of instant mutated human/child.