Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion Of Blind Rage + Overextended Combo

Azawarau

Question

Do you use this combination?

Is it worth the drop in damage?

For me i can see incredible utility from it but have a hard time justifying its use

On Ash i dont think i can afford the dropoff at lower waves

For Mag im unsure if the loss in shield polarize restore and damage is worth it an d worry i wont be able to kill consistently with it though the trade of epic crush and pull range is nice along with long range healing ally shields

For Nova i cant afford the lost enemy speed

For Ember the damage drop is killer to her 4 and 2 despite the huge benefits from extra range

Though i know overextended is extremely useful i cant justify using it on any of the frames id like to

What do you all choose?

Edited by Azawarau

13 answers to this question

Well with Nova you actually get more range out of a duration based build over range.

But generally if I run range (Overextended) on warframes that have utility, as most of the time that is more important than the raw damage. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

Most frames only have 2 useful skills.

And typically only one of those skills is going to benefit from Blind Rage.

Overextended is leagues more useful. imo

Edit; For ember you want duration, in the end you'll do more damage that way. Mitigate the lack of range with a Rush mod.

Edited by (PS4)StoneRevolver

Generally speaking nothing makes good use of both in combination. 
You're basically getting Increased range for worse energy efficiency, maybe with just a little bit/a little loss of power strength depending on rank. 
You're focusing on the utility aspect then, and utility, due to the frequency of enemy spawns, and relative lifespawn, is more useful being cast more often  than hitting a wider range. You can't make use of CC/Utility effects on enemies you don't see or don't see you. 
Which is probably why Blind Rage exchanges damage for efficiency, as damage is usable regardless of sight in a lot of cases and killing faster is as good or better than injuring and maybe killing but for less energy. 

Edited by LukeAura

Blind Rage at anything higher than Rank 2 ONLY works for powers/skills with a percentage scaling (eg. Ember's Accelerant, Mag's Shield Polarize, Rhino's Roar etc.).

Overextended works on skills/powers that does little to no damage, with lots of utility/CC potential (eg. Nekros's Desecrate).

It's generally better to use one or the other but not both.

I'd much rather go with stretch + intensify.

You lose out on +9% damage, and +45% range, but it comes without the loss of all that power efficiency. This basically boils down to you hitting more enemies slightly harder less often, which in the end isn't a great trade off.

I don't like the combo.

While yes it seems like it could be nice to have additional damage combined with huge range, most things only really need one or the other.

Blind Rage + Stretch works well enough for abilities that need the high power strength.

While Overextend + Stretch is amazing for those utility abilities that don't really need power strength but want range (Desecrate, Vortex, Radial Disarm, Absorb and in some cases Rhino Stomp etc)

Most damaging abilities are fine with just a 21 meter range with just Stretch, as that covers entire rooms, using Overextend to get 35 meter range isn't necessary in most cases and often isn't worth taking the damage hit (Going from 129% power strength from Blind Rage + Intensify to 69% with Overextended)

I don't like the combo.

While yes it seems like it could be nice to have additional damage combined with huge range, most things only really need one or the other.

Blind Rage + Stretch works well enough for abilities that need the high power strength.

While Overextend + Stretch is amazing for those utility abilities that don't really need power strength but want range (Desecrate, Vortex, Radial Disarm, Absorb and in some cases Rhino Stomp etc)

Most damaging abilities are fine with just a 21 meter range with just Stretch, as that covers entire rooms, using Overextend to get 35 meter range isn't necessary in most cases and often isn't worth taking the damage hit (Going from 129% power strength from Blind Rage + Intensify to 69% with Overextended)

As someone who loves the amprex i can tell you 20 meters is a really sad range....

But the damage loss isnt worth the tradeoff

I use both of these mods regularly - but never together.

I tend to be a more casting type player, so I use Blind Rage very carefully as power efficiency is often the most important thing for my builds. My crux obviously then is Fleeting Expertise, so whenever I use Blind Rage in any build the first thing I take into consideration is "Is sacrificing duration a good idea for this Warframe?" because if I'm applying Blind Rage, Fleeting is pretty much guaranteed to be on there with it. Therefore, abilities such as Stomp, Miasma, and Blade Storm are instances where I use Blind Rage, because they do not suffer from a duration reduction since Fleeting is a requirement for me if I'm running Blind Rage on most frames.

On the other hand, we have Overextended. I only use it on frames where the abilities I use regularly aren't going to suffer from a reduction in power strength, such as Chaos, Radial Blind, and Radial Disarm.