Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bs That Is Rank Testing

Kalarual

Ok, I am level 30, started about a day and a half ago. I start rank one thinking it'd be easy, and I am dumped into a blinding white room I can't see S#&$ in. I literally had to squint my eyes.  I can barely see the enemies, and  they also like to hide. I end up failing due to time out on the first wave. I think, no problem, I can just try again, right? NOPE.

How is this fair? Lockouts like this is a failure in game design, and an obvious method to drag out content. I hope this gets changed soon or I may quit before I started, because grinding is one thing, but BS time sinks is another. My entire time spent today was pretty much a waste on here.

Edited by Kalarual

You dont actually have to stop playing or anything. It will will still track your progress as you rank up.
Also, check youtube for guides on the mastery rank tests if you don't like them. Every mastery test is on there.

There is no real downside for failing a test, you just try it again a day later.

Edited by Instinction

I feel your pain bro but the good news is that DE has said before that they plan to add like mastery test practice runs or something to that effect... I'm like 99% that has been stated in one of the devstreams.

If it makes you feel any better, you still earn mastery rank experience even if you don't complete your rank up. I can't say I had the same problem in terms of graphical issues, but you can probably adjust some of the graphical settings to illuminate that blinding light (sorry, PS4 user here, can't give specifics)

PERSONALLY, I like that the timer gives a decent pressure to perform well. 24 hours feels a bit steep, but it's a good feeling when you pass these on your first try. I'll also say that I felt that the mastery rank 1 test was the most challenging.

I feel your pain bro but the good news is that DE has said before that they plan to add like mastery test practice runs or something to that effect... I'm like 99% that has been stated in one of the devstreams.

Nothing that I see on this slightly outdated list. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsyEla_uEOUdERwRURQYnA2cDRUZnVDTlUtOW4tV2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I dont understand why some poeple have such a hard time with mastery rank tests, ive been able to complete every one up to 15 on the first try. Am I just that good, or am I on some kind of easy mode?

"I don't have a hard time, nobody else should either"

Ok, I am level 30, started about a day and a half ago. I start rank one thinking it'd be easy, and I am dumped into a blinding white room I can't see S#&$ in. I literally had to squint my eyes.  I can barely see the enemies, and  they also like to hide. I end up failing due to time out on the first wave. I think, no problem, I can just try again, right? NOPE.

How is this fair? Lockouts like this is a failure in game design, and an obvious method to drag out content. I hope this gets changed soon or I may quit before I started, because grinding is one thing, but BS time sinks is another. My entire time spent today was pretty much a waste on here.

Since you appear to have issues with patience, this may be a sign to seek a game with less complexity.

Oh god and wall running in this game is terrible...

That test is simpler than it looks though, to be honest. Not from a "I can do it so can you" viewpoint, but from a "it's not that bad" point.

I thought it'd be difficult, cos of the parkour. You'll know when you do it.

That test is simpler than it looks though, to be honest. Not from a "I can do it so can you" viewpoint, but from a "it's not that bad" point.

I thought it'd be difficult, cos of the parkour. You'll know when you do it.

"if" he does it. By the sounds of it, I don't think he'll make it that far.

Ok, I am level 30, -snip

There currently isn't enough content to get to that Mastery Rank and I think even with the best of luck and boosters that it would be impossible to get to MR30 in a day and a half. What you mean by level 30 is probably your Warframe or one of your weapon's levels which contributes EXP to your Mastery Rank.

I don't know why DE never explains this to new players. Then again MR is not really that important right now except for a few weapons, WarFrames, trading and swag rights.

If you're using the MK1-Braton still, I suggest switching it out for a more dependable primary. You can obtain everything in the game (except for cosmetics) for free. Practice makes perfect. You do not lose anything for failing these tests, your progress is saved.

There currently isn't enough content to get to that Mastery Rank and I think even with the best of luck and boosters that it would be impossible to get to MR30 in a day and a half. What you mean by level 30 is probably your Warframe or one of your weapon's levels which contributes EXP to your Mastery Rank.

I don't know why DE never explains this to new players. Then again MR is not really that important right now except for a few weapons, WarFrames, trading and swag rights.

it says Saryn Rank 30. I am not sure what that means really. My primary is level 30 and my secondary too, Melee is 20.

I am using the Braton atm, not sure which weapon would be the best obtainable for me right now.

I do know one thing though I think that auto parry Mod I had equipped screwed me quite a bit.

Edited by Kalarual

Wait till you get to higher Mastery Rank tests.

It'll only get harder.

Try shooting at orbs while wall running with a timer ticking down..

dude I felt like such a Bada$$ when I didnt that Mastery, brought those Akstiletto's Used their split second reload. Owned that chiz!

Try lowering your brightness? That maybe your issue and not the games. I've never had problems seeing enemies or it's your eye sight

Well, yeah, my eyesight is notoriously bad. When I say it was bright I mean all I saw was a big white bright as hell blob   and vague shapes of what looked like enemies. Other stages the brightness is just perfect. My brightness was set at 50%

Edited by Kalarual

Try lowering your brightness? That maybe your issue and not the games. I've never had problems seeing enemies or it's your eye sight

Agreed, I never had problems either.

What you could do is lower brightness, and lower your graphics. Try Turning off display settings such as Motion Blur, and Bloom.

Edited by SaintCloud890