Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Needs A Slight Buff.

Hayzemet

It´s just that, there is no reason at all to use forma in melee weapons.

Pressure point should rank up to 10 the same way hornet strike and serration do. And so does fury or soemthing, give us rank 10 melee mods.

And also buff melee agn c:

Melee doesn't directly need a buff.

What needs fixing is a general mod rebalancing, with some mods being increased to ten ranks, elemental damage mods being 90% across the board, pure status mods to +90%, etc...

like Shotguns, presumable Melee has cheap quick to upgrade Mods to make it easier for newer Players to have something they can rely on while they try to grind all the Mods they need to make their other Equipment remotely useful.

For a shotgun buff, all that is needed is a couple mods to reduce damage drop off (entirely optional) and, for a bit of variety, make Hell's Chamber a ten rank mod, that way shotguns have a large damage boost and keep their unique feel.

like Shotguns, presumable Melee has cheap quick to upgrade Mods to make it easier for newer Players to have something they can rely on while they try to grind all the Mods they need to make their other Equipment remotely useful.

Which, in theory works fine... except it is unreasonable to segregate entire categories of weapons for this purpose. Can you really only stand using shotguns? Well, too bad. No matter how high-ranked you get you can expect to gimp yourself in comparison to players who prefer the heavier mod investment weapons with better stats.

People are correct that the modding system is the source of the problem here. Weapons and Warframes need better intrinsic scaling properties (any scaling at all when it comes to weapons...) and the overall magnitude of mod scaling needs to be reduced. The solution isn't more Rank 10 mods to throw larger numbers of wrenches into the new player experience and accomplish nothing more than introducing further grind.

Not that grind is a super-huge issue here. It is not unreasonable to expect Warframe players to grind for better gear. I just can't see introducing more grind instead of pushing through relatively simple and ultimately more effective balancing changes. Extensive and work-intensive, yes, but simple.

Introduce more Rank 10 Mods:

New players still need these mods to be successful, and have to rely on RNG to obtain them.

New players must spend even more time grinding for credits and fusion cores, delaying their ability to compare with veteran players.

Many weapons will retain stats that are so low that they can only scale well with specific mods. This perpetuates the existence of "useless" mods.

Whereas if equipment gets better base scaling and mods are reduced in overall magnitude:

New players will benefit from obtaining mods that scale damage output, but will be closer to the baseline level of performance without mods, and will reach par quicker through ranking up newly acquired mods.

New players still need to grind for mods, but doing so should net them the resources necessary to upgrade their spoils.

Weapons will need base stats that allow for decent scaling off of smaller percentages, meaning that very few mods (if any) should have no noticeable effect on a given weapon. Naturally, crit-boosting mods will be the most useful on crit-focused weapons, but they won't be pointless on a gun with crit chance so low that it yields a less than 1% increase to the stat.

Which, in theory works fine... except it is unreasonable to segregate entire categories of weapons for this purpose. Can you really only stand using shotguns? Well, too bad. No matter how high-ranked you get you can expect to gimp yourself in comparison to players who prefer the heavier mod investment weapons with better stats.

People are correct that the modding system is the source of the problem here. Weapons and Warframes need better intrinsic scaling properties (any scaling at all when it comes to weapons...) and the overall magnitude of mod scaling needs to be reduced. The solution isn't more Rank 10 mods to throw larger numbers of wrenches into the new player experience and accomplish nothing more than introducing further grind.

it is, yes. Shotguns and Melee shouldn't be 'noob Weapons'. i wasn't suggesting they should be, but that's the only excuse i can think of.

Shotguns also shouldn't be biased against so much. get a team of people who work on Balance. each one having the same capability to change the game. everyone does balance passes one after another, after some discussion. ultimately, yes, others will overwrite some things the person before left in a bad position.

everyone is biased, so you need groups of people to make balance fair.

(and apparently Scott has a stigma against Shotguns, i don't understand why, and i'm not going to question it, but we need other people in the process so everything gets the attention needed - because everyone will leave something OP and something 'useless').

less vertical growth with Mods would be nice. instead of Weapons growing by ~1200% and Warframes ~2200% after a set of Mods is put on - they could be reasonable increases instead.

until this is done('this' includes more than just Vertical growth), Warframe will always struggle to attract new players, and will stagnate. without new players every game dies. every. single. one.

and while this issue gets avoided in the meantime, as it's been around for more than a year - new players will continue to start playing Warframe, and uninstall it within a few hours, because the game is garbage until the later end of midgame. we know the reasons why this is by now, we just need to address them. the longer we wait, the more people will have bad experiences with Warframe, and thusly be unlikely to return.

Edited by taiiat

What about my Fury mod? Spoiled Strike just made it even worse, especially when I need the extra damage and that Fury got toned down just so "combos" wouldn't go too fast. 

DE, any fast paced game could come with combos, but it wouldn't be a fast paced game any more when the combos are slow.

- fury 40% (instead of 30%)

- spoiled strike speed malus removed

- basic elemental mods to 90% (two of them are 60% now)

- critical chance mod +100% (instead of 60%)

- combo counter 5 seconds (instead of 3)

- every stance that have a huge delay between strikes should be looked at (a lot...)

What i meant with the forma part: I do not want to level my weapons for fun, but it is quite meh that to fit all the good mods on some rifles for example u need more than three formas, and for a good melee, you do not really need anything. Its like, as previously stated, they are treated as noob weapons.

Reading all the comments i would say that maybe;

-Shocking touch --->90% same as North Wind

-Pressure point----> Up to ten ranks, and at least 220% (same as Hornet Strike)

- Spoiled strike-----> Remove attack speed reduction, maybe adding a stamina cost per swing punishment

-Fury ----------------> Back to 60 or at leas 40% combos should be lightspeed

- Critical chance should go up tu 150% (just as rifles, seeing how maximum critical chance for any melee is 25% and considering there is no multishot mod)

-Critical damage---> Could turn to be a 10 rankd mod

- Add more seconds to the combo counter or add damage scaling

-Maybe add a "multi-strike" mode

Right now, reaching 20~25~ minute mark on TIV survival and with Lifestrike Equiped on my weapon, it is really time conssumint to kill a heavy gunner, using my turbo soma it is still a piece of cake.

well melee only really works as a damage / weapon on  the loki atm  and that because of his x4 dmg with melee + invisibility  if all melee  weapons did x2 times as much people would use them alot more 

And now that this has been nerfed even less people will use melee