Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Auto Attacks And Boss Mobs

Jeffrywinkles

Question

so i recently got around to finally playing my Ash warframe and i love his smokescreen(the crit while invis is great) so i decided to build fang and got it to 30 and stacked Maxed Fury/Maxed Pressure point/Ice mod and while invis i tear through mobs like butter, but then i encountered the "bosses" and Boss type mobs like the bomber/Gatling gun grenieer,ancients,and the yellow moa's

and auto attacking is absolute rubbish. i did alot of test on vok(mercury boss) and with Dual heat sword with charged dmg/speed/armor pen 2 charges killed vok, while i used a wide variety of melee weapons all modded out to auto attack, and every single one of them took ages to kill vok with auto attacks.

am i missing something or is auto attack on bosses/boss mobs not viable?

Edited by Jeffrywinkles

10 answers to this question

so i recently got around to finally playing my Ash warframe and i love his smokescreen(the crit while invis is great) so i decided to build fang and got it to 30 and stacked Maxed Fury/Maxed Pressure point/Ice mod and while invis i tear through mobs like butter, but then i encountered the "bosses" and Boss type mobs like the bomber/Gatling gun grenieer,ancients,and the yellow moa's

and auto attacking is absolute rubbish. i did alot of test on vok(mercury boss) and with Dual heat sword with charged dmg/speed/armor pen 2 charges killed vok, while i used a wide variety of melee weapons all modded out to auto attack, and every single one of them took ages to kill vok with auto attacks.

am i missing something or is auto attack on bosses/boss mobs not viable?

1. Charge mod is way better than melee dmg mod (150% vs 42%).

2. Charges ignore armor.

With these 2 factors normal attacks become obsolete on anything with relatively high HP.

Fang is a normal grineer shredder. It igores armore, and it deals extra damage on grineers, so basically you can smoke bomb and become a whirlwind of blade through a whole group of grineers and they will drops in no time. However, its base damage is very low, and it suffer a damage penalty on infested, so it is not very useful against bosses who has a natural damage reduction as a whole, and infested. Corpus MOAs are also bad enemies to use fang against in general, due to their shields, which fang cannot ignore, and due to its low damage, it cuts through shield much slower.

It's a third person shooter, of course there isn't auto attack O,o;;

i could have sworn ive been mashing auto attack button but i guess im just crazy.

1. Charge mod is way better than melee dmg mod (150% vs 42%).

2. Charges ignore armor.

With these 2 factors normal attacks become obsolete on anything with relatively high HP.

meh i was kinda hoping i was overlooking something so simple, but its apparent that Auto's are pretty useless =/ which then makes like every melee weapon that doesn't hit multiple enemies even more useless,

currently i own every melee weapon that you can get via market(i dont own all the "?" alert blueprints) and i thoroughly enjoy each and everyone of them but man when im wielding something like a gram and swinging away mass killing the normal mobs, it just feels good then i come to a boss mob and i just wonder why there is even an option to swing your sword when it does absolutely nothing on the tougher mobs -.-

and also i just cant bring my self to use any of the long swords, like whats the point? lower charge dmg than Dual heat and every heavy weapon,cant hit multiple enemies and base dmg is lower than heavy weapons, so whats the point.

meh im just QQing now, gotta vent because i wish auto attacks were actually viable >.<

I dont know why or if it is just my imagination, but is it true, that fang does no dmg to Councilor Vay Hek? Usually i see his shields drop after i attack him with fang, but afterwards, I do not see any dmg numbers while hitting him. Is it just a visual bug or does fang no dmg to this boss Oo

I dont know why or if it is just my imagination, but is it true, that fang does no dmg to Councilor Vay Hek? Usually i see his shields drop after i attack him with fang, but afterwards, I do not see any dmg numbers while hitting him. Is it just a visual bug or does fang no dmg to this boss Oo

that could be a bug, i drop vok with fang but not nearly as fast as 2 charge attacks lol,

there have been games that i join where i don't see dmg numbers.

wait wait wait...You're using a setup for critting..melee....intending to crit...........but not using a crit damage mod? Wut?

And put Sundering strike on your weapon. 90% bonus AP damage. GG.

i have been informed that fang has no base crit/crit dmg so increasing crit dmg by X% of 0 would still be 0.

also i have done numerous tests and even with crit dmg multiplier my crits dont hit any harder, but as soon as i put attack damage mod in my crit dmg increased, and yes im working towards armor penetration =)