Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Training

chaos_shaper

Question

Loki master race people I need your help me in training to become a better loki so right now I have a 20 sec loki I invisibility and a reaper prime which deals about 360 damage with reaping spiral. I am mastery rank 6 so what better weapons are there and what should I sey my eyes on.

QT+Rage+Life Strike still is practically invulnerability if you know what you're doing and use proper gear for doing it, the most important stat for melee being knockdown immunity while swinging.

Yeah, that's absolutely true and a very solid methodology, basically letting people almost relive the old Rage + QT relationship save for the fact that it forces you into melee mode to get the full benefit.

Luckily, this is a Loki thread, and if there's one thing Loki is fully capable of, it's getting safely and swiftly into melee range and tearing people up.

Yeah, that's absolutely true and a very solid methodology, basically letting people almost relive the old Rage + QT relationship save for the fact that it forces you into melee mode to get the full benefit.

Luckily, this is a Loki thread, and if there's one thing Loki is fully capable of, it's getting safely and swiftly into melee range and tearing people up.

I like using QT+rage+LS with disarm Loki. I rarely use invisiblity anymore. It's much more fun to go melee vs melee while visible like a man. ;)

Definitely agree there Naftal, though I still don't use the aforementioned Rage with LS seeing as I haven't loaded up Warframe since that post to see if I can work them into my build without breaking anything too much.  The easiest way for me to do that personally would be to swap out Continuity for Rage since it's in the one stock V polarity that comes with a Loki.  Though having to find something to throw out to put in Vitality is going to be more jarring to my current playstyle.  Flow is probably the only thing I can readily give up from my current main Loki build.

.... combined with the fact that I still don't have Vitality anywhere near max rank.  Guess that's a bit of a testament to how long ago I stopped using Vitality, I only just got it to rank 7 this week.

I'll always keep Invisibility on my main Loki though, even if it's running at around lowered duration due to FE since it's a good tool for when I want to safely ST myself into a stupid spot to Disarm everyone or when I want a free chance at ramping Berserker up all the way.

Definitely agree there Naftal, though I still don't use the aforementioned Rage with LS seeing as I haven't loaded up Warframe since that post to see if I can work them into my build without breaking anything too much.  The easiest way for me to do that personally would be to swap out Continuity for Rage since it's in the one stock V polarity that comes with a Loki.  Though having to find something to throw out to put in Vitality is going to be more jarring to my current playstyle.  Flow is probably the only thing I can readily give up from my current main Loki build.

.... combined with the fact that I still don't have Vitality anywhere near max rank.  Guess that's a bit of a testament to how long ago I stopped using Vitality, I only just got it to rank 7 this week.

I'll always keep Invisibility on my main Loki though, even if it's running at around lowered duration due to FE since it's a good tool for when I want to safely ST myself into a stupid spot to Disarm everyone or when I want a free chance at ramping Berserker up all the way.

For reference, my disarm build:

Energy Siphon

Radial Disarm

Fleeting Expertise (+essence helm)

Flow

Rage

Quick Thinking

Vitality

Stretch

Overextended

Maglev

Rush

I changed Streamline (was using swindle helm) and Natural Talent to Maglev and Rush because I wanted the speed when not using coptering weapon and the +15% extra range and +50% casting speeds weren't really needed.

Favourite melees for this:

Obex:

Brutal Tide

Pressure Point

True Steel

Organ Shatter

Berserker

Focus Energy

Life Strike

Fever Strike

Finishing Touch

This build focuses on doing the ground finisher as well as crits on weakspots. The crits are very important because noncrit melees will suck hard against higher level enemies on my experience. Doing slam attack and then using the first attack in the combo, aiming at the falling enemy head, very often gives headshot crits for huge damage. Also already fallen enemies can be kicked to head with that attack. The ground finisher is supposed to be aimed so the fists hit the head for even more crits.

EDIT: This build for Obex works really well when using 100% status Tysis with Blast as your main weapon. Then you don't have to spend time jumping to knockdown enemies and can concentrate on fisting their heads.

Nami Solo:

Sundering Weave

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Berserker

North Wind

Volcanic Edge

Voltaic Strike

Virulent Scourge

Life Strike

This is another lackluster weapon but can also do high level content with headshot crits. The build is still work in progress. Nami Solo can't use jump attack to knockdown enemies, but it has great status chance. Using Blast and just swinging with the newest Sundering Weave combo (the one with block button) makes the enemies fall and then you'll slice their heads while they're falling, hopefully doing as many crits as possible. I'm hoping for the cold status mods soon so I may have room for crit mods. Nami Solo has better spin attack animation for doing precise strikes (headshot crits) than Obex.

Edited by Naftal

the most important stat for melee being knockdown immunity while swinging.

Not sure, but the Dakra P + Crimson Dervish actually provides this. While the animation played, I wasn't able to be knocked down by Ancients, and sometimes even Heavy Gunners.

For reference, my disarm build:

Energy Siphon

Radial Disarm

Fleeting Expertise (+essence helm)

Flow

Rage

Quick Thinking

Vitality

Stretch

Overextended

Maglev

Rush

I changed Streamline (was using swindle helm) and Natural Talent to Maglev and Rush because I wanted the speed when not using coptering weapon and the +15% extra range and +50% casting speeds weren't really needed.

Favourite melees for this:

Obex:

Brutal Tide

Pressure Point

True Steel

Organ Shatter

Berserker

Focus Energy

Life Strike

Fever Strike

Finishing Touch

This build focuses on doing the ground finisher as well as crits on weakspots. The crits are very important because noncrit melees will suck hard against higher level enemies on my experience. Doing slam attack and then using the first attack in the combo, aiming at the falling enemy head, very often gives headshot crits for huge damage. Also already fallen enemies can be kicked to head with that attack. The ground finisher is supposed to be aimed so the fists hit the head for even more crits.

EDIT: This build for Obex works really well when using 100% status Tysis with Blast as your main weapon. Then you don't have to spend time jumping to knockdown enemies and can concentrate on fisting their heads.

Nami Solo:

Sundering Weave

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Berserker

North Wind

Volcanic Edge

Voltaic Strike

Virulent Scourge

Life Strike

This is another lackluster weapon but can also do high level content with headshot crits. The build is still work in progress. Nami Solo can't use jump attack to knockdown enemies, but it has great status chance. Using Blast and just swinging with the newest Sundering Weave combo (the one with block button) makes the enemies fall and then you'll slice their heads while they're falling, hopefully doing as many crits as possible. I'm hoping for the cold status mods soon so I may have room for crit mods. Nami Solo has better spin attack animation for doing precise strikes (headshot crits) than Obex.

Wrapped it in spoiler tags to save space.

That's an interesting setup, and I've always been a fan of Blast damage for knockdowns in addition to the Obex being one of my favorite weapons.  Though I seriously enjoy Grim Fury as opposed to Brutal Tide, so I'll have to mess with it to see if there's a good amount of synergy I can reach in regards to that stance instead.  The jump kick at the end of the Hold E combo is my favorite thing ever.

Looking at the build you're running, I already know it won't work with my main Loki without some forma-work to get things in order.  Luckily, I'm pretty sure that I'll be fully capable of mimicking that build on my second Loki with either no additional forma or 1-2 more, which I was already thinking of adding to him and the polarities I was considering already match up just fine.

On the sidebar about using melee animations to avoid interrupts;  I'd need to test it more, but it appears that the trend in effect is that the "slow" stances available to whichever weapon in question allow the player to avoid knockdowns on most, if not all of their attack animations.  As opposed to the "fast" stances which generally do not grant this bonus.  It's been a major detractor for me overall since I tend to prefer the fast stances across basically all weapon types.