Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking About Becoming A Founder

se05239

Question

Hello!

I am se05239 and I have been playing Warframe for like a week or two now, for a total of about 28 hours (most of it being mindless Rhino blueprint grinding -_-) and I kinda enjoy the gameplay and the players I meet (if we exclude the rushers..) and I have been thinking about becoming a founder.

I just don't know if its actually worth it. (I am not referring to the Excalibur skin and other rewards)

I do not know what future have in store for this game, or what the developers will do it but as it is NOW, it is more or less a game where you re-run the same map(s) against different enemies with one main objective (sometimes more! YAY!) and that is not something I would want to spend my money in.

What are your thoughts on this? Could you help me decide?

12 answers to this question

It's a collectors game for me, I plan to build every frame and maybe every weapon

Plus, if nothing else, I want to support the Dev team behind it.

Probably some of the coolest, most responsive, and customer oriented Dev's I've ever seen, and this is coming from someone who has beta tested pretty much every half decent MMO to release in the past 2 years.

I've played other games for consoles or PC that cost 50 or 60 bucks for the week that I play them, so for me to have already clocked more than that into this game, 50 bucks is more than fair.

Edited by ShadowsCrush

I dropped $5 just to check the game out, then a week and a half later I dropped another $10 for upgrades and such. Picked up the lowest founders package because it is a great playable fun game. Like ShadowCrush I'll probably try to grind every frame and craft every weapon and got the founders pack to support the devs. I would probably never get the $100 or $250 founders pack but may upgrade to the second tier if they put some limited edition warframe in it that isn't Excalibur (don't really care to have a duplicate Frame)

Meh, I might wait and see for what this twitchtv stream they are planning for today.

Gonna see what they have in store for us before I make a decision. Right now, its aiming towards not getting a founder package.

If you are looking for other people to justify a purchase for you, you probably shouldn't commit to that purchase in the first place. I suggest that if you feel as if DE has earned a chance at making this game, purchase whatever Founder's you feel comfortable with. Don't overestimate the Design Council - it is a council, not a "cool club for feedback". We vote on things DE asks us, and that is it. We don't propose things - that is what the general feedback forums are for.

The best argument for Founder's is cheap platinum. The best argument for Founder's for me was the developer team. I know I am repeating myself, but when I paid DE a visit, it felt a little like meeting up with buddies. Very friendly, very committed to their jobs, very honest. If things go sideways, DE will admit to it and fix it as soon as resources allow. Their reaction time is mindblowing. DE has earned my investment many times over - I dropped over US$400 on Warframe, by buying Founder's for friends and GM for myself, plus additional Plat purchases.

If you don't feel that connection, fair enough. But don't expect anyone to make it for you. You either invest into the blue or you don't.

After seeing the stream today, I am decided to get become a founder.

I am going to get the second package.

Thanks for your opinions.

EDIT:

And now the buy founder package page is being crappy. Cannot connect to it.

Is it a sign?

Edited by se05239

I put it down to "would i like to see this game succeed" simple answer, yes, so i went for what i could afford (not even used the platinum tbh)

chocie is yours but I would say go for it, you would pay £40 for this game usualy in a store, so paying for it even though its F2P isnt THAT much of a difference :)