Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Customization

all MMOs lets players customize their characters to an extent to be able to have their characters look unique as possible and in that sentiment we requested 2 ways of customization that is in player level/account level"

•we  requested before to have male female variant for each frame and was rejected, devs said if they are going to make a gender variant of a frame it will have different set of skills hence the excalibur - nyx that we have right now

•then we requested to have unmasked option allowing us to customize our characters and was rejected, devs said that it adds to the mystery of the game and not allowing of the unmasking will not limit a players of what they want to look inside the mask - true but sadly nobody will actually see what you imagined right?

I now present a new customization that is player level: please allow us to select our built and height.

old players will be given a chance to set this ONCE in the account management and the new players will set this at account creation.
selecting this height and built will apply to every frame you have (or maybe you will choose for male and another for female)

height could be just:
•short like nova

•mid like mag, ember or  excal

•tall  like saryn or rhino

or more... or not

while built could be:
trinity►mag  and other thin frames►ember►valkyr and others►saryn for female and

nekros►loki and other thin frames►oberon►excal and other semibulk frames►rhino for male

as you can see the heights and built are already in-game its now just slapping the frames on to the naked model of the selected height and built like an immortal skin which is by far easier to do than making different models for each gender variant of frames and making a range of distinct facial features for unmasked version of characters

this could also help generate plat for DE:
resetting of height and built or if you make this a cosmetic material instead of account locked item like name then it will go right next to idles

in some post i have read request that are on add-ons level like
•divide color maps further, separate color maps for limbs torso chest etc...
•scalability of add-ons especially cosmetic armors
but were never answered

i know this is not much important but i know you want/wanted this... right? no? ok :(

wutcha think guys?

Eeeh…Honestly while I'd love to see this. It doesn't seem that suited for warframe. Maybe if we could, it'd be tenno customization! The users of the warframe designed their own but not the frame itself.

Also, to the person above me…come on man.

personnally, i don t really care about those new personnalization ideas i have plenty with what i have, and to be able to change height and build doesn t seem like a need, it feels more like you re trying to find a way to have new personnalizations and that you just run out of ideas

Eeeh…Honestly while I'd love to see this. It doesn't seem that suited for warframe. Maybe if we could, it'd be tenno customization! The users of the warframe designed their own but not the frame itself.

Also, to the person above me…come on man.

but thats too much work if you think about it, that level of work could be one reason why devs dint like the unmask option

also the buff nekros man!

and the cute little embers ><

but thats too much work if you think about it, that level of work could be one reason why devs dint like the unmask option

also the buff nekros man!

and the cute little embers ><

Nekros is already pretty damned imposing. Plus little embers aren't very empowering. I'm pretty sure the majority of the community would not use that at all.

personnally, i don t really care about those new personnalization ideas i have plenty with what i have, and to be able to change height and build doesn t seem like a need, it feels more like you re trying to find a way to have new personnalizations and that you just run out of ideas

well i agree that i love to customize and an account level customization is very ambitious

but i bought all cosmetic armors and i have seen how a lot of them doesnt fit a lot of the frames (esp illiac imo)

Being able to change the build shape is great in other games but it really wouldn't work for this game. The amount of character design which goes into these warframes is immaculate and meticulous, messing with the build would make them appear disproportionate.

Maybe if we could do it for each individual frame, then maybe, however I still do not think it suits Warframe.

Currently the Customisation we have is near perfect.   

Eh, the "heights" and "builds" of frames are not "already in game".

the height differences are in game. nova is not as tall as saryn right?

nekros is not as buff as rhino right?

the heights and build are in game and i only used existing heights and builds as examples

the height differences are in game. nova is not as tall as saryn right?

nekros is not as buff as rhino right?

the heights and build are in game and i only used existing heights and builds as examples

Yeah but that's just because of different models. Are you asking to be able to change models between frames?

Currently the Customisation we have is near perfect.   

I disagree entirely! We have colors, helmets and some scarves which look okay on some frames and clip like mad on others. And then we have the armor parts which in my opinion are terrible and look tacked on. They are the only cosmetic items I'll not buy.

Warframe (visual) customization is just that: stuff glued to our frames, 2 or 3 helmet choices and colors.

I don't feel my frames are unique at all.

Edited by The_Doc

A well inspired color set makes me feel unique. When I want to "play" warframe but that I'm too lazy or too tired to go for a long mission, I spend sometimes 15-20 min on making a beautiful color set on a frame :)

I'm usually ALL for more character customization, makes them truly feel they're yours. But in this game, I'm actually okay with Tenno under the frame being left to the imagination. They're who I imagine him/her to be, fully, which works well. Having more custom parts might help, though the pay wall does not. I'd be happy with more colors for free.

What I do want to see is DE to keep adding a variety of solid animations. To have a character that moves and flows well really helps them feel more alive than what their face might look like. Since their face isn't expressive, time for them to use the body animation for that purpose. It'd be neat to see them add a few tid-bits of frame specific animations (not just unarmed idle moves) to give the frame a little more personality. Or maybe come up with more attitude type sets you can assign depending how you see your Tenno. Could have sets that give them little quirks outside of upright or crouched and ready to shoot.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

@OP
The issue with your idea is assuming that you can just take the base model and apply the frames skin to it and everything will suddenly be good and no more work will be needed.

And that is completely wrong.

They would need to go through all of the work to take the models, re-size them to all of the different heights and make sure things stay proportionate, then go through and change their builds to all of the different builds and make sure that things stay proportionate.
And that involves re-sizing and changing every frames base skeleton, as well as double checking the placement of all of the meshes and other things that are applied, and then go through for all of the cosmetic items as well.

And that's a ton of work.
Certainly more than your idea of "Just change the model and slap the frames skin on them and everything is good!"
That is a horribly misguided and overly-simplified way of thinking of how they would have to handle all of the models, their skins, and their meshes and everything else.

There have been bugs where the game will apply the wrong frames skin to your frame.
I've had instances of having the excalibur base model with rhino prime skin applied to it.
And it doesnt work because of how different the models and their base skeletons are.

Overall your ideas (outside of more detailed paint layouts) would be far too much work for next to no benefits.

@OP

The issue with your idea is assuming that you can just take the base model and apply the frames skin to it and everything will suddenly be good and no more work will be needed.

And that is completely wrong.

They would need to go through all of the work to take the models, re-size them to all of the different heights and make sure things stay proportionate, then go through and change their builds to all of the different builds and make sure that things stay proportionate.

And that involves re-sizing and changing every frames base skeleton, as well as double checking the placement of all of the meshes and other things that are applied, and then go through for all of the cosmetic items as well.

And that's a ton of work.

Certainly more than your idea of "Just change the model and slap the frames skin on them and everything is good!"

That is a horribly misguided and overly-simplified way of thinking of how they would have to handle all of the models, their skins, and their meshes and everything else.

There have been bugs where the game will apply the wrong frames skin to your frame.

I've had instances of having the excalibur base model with rhino prime skin applied to it.

And it doesnt work because of how different the models and their base skeletons are.

Overall your ideas (outside of more detailed paint layouts) would be far too much work for next to no benefits.

the over simplification was only to make comparison to the other oversimplified ideas an i didnt say "Just change the model and slap the frames skin on them and everything is good!" so you shouldnt put quotes there

now syandanas, cosmetic armors and idles are items that are conceptually same as this idea but they are already in-game so you cant really say they are with no benefits (also to which benefit are you refering to? benefit of players? or DE?)

i have admited that this is a very ambitious idea but so are all cosmetics in this game before the actual implementation

all i can do right now is to wait till this topic will be archived and gloat when DE decides to make a customization option close to this idea