Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Setup Question

Mercurius.Geminus

Question

18 answers to this question

I don't have an Ash personally, but from what I see, he runs kind of like Loki, but with more damage output.

That said, on my Loki I run:

Primary: Paris

Secondary: Akbolto

Melee: Dual Heat Swords

I can't remember all of my mods but I know that I run Reach, Flow, Continuity and Streamline.

Hopefully this helps a bit, sorry I couldn't tell you how I run Ash haha

If I want to snipe medium-long range I use Latron, if I'll be more medium-close range I use Boltor (that thing mows down everything due to 100% armor penetration but can be ammo hungry so don't forget to bring bonus ammo (I think the name is "ammo drum" mod)).

For my pistol, at the moment I'm using either aklato (good enough in most situation and low price) or Lex to 1-2 shot most mobs from long distance.

Normally I mix Latron with aklato to compensate for latron's low fire rate when in close quarter combat, or Boltor with Lex to compensate boltor's bad accuracy at long range (the longuer the boltor's bolts travel, the more they are going to spread and not go where you aimed).

For the melee weapon, you should keep 2 kinds of melee weapons in your inventory: 1 good against infested (cutting weapons (preferrable with fire elemental mods)that can cleave multiple enemies cuz infested tend to swarm) and 1 good against heavy armor mainly for the missions with grimeer.

The choice between fast weapons and slower weapons is your choice to make, some people prefer short but fast dual wielding weapons, other prefer slow but hard hitting 2handers. But note that with the right mods, small fast dual wield weapons can also hit pretty hard and one shot almost everything.

Question about Rush and Marathon, should I max out Rush for Ash? or leave some points for Marathon?

Ash is one of the fastest frames in the game, second only to Loki, I believe. If you have plenty of points left, go for rush, if not, go for Marathon, you'll get more out of an upgraded marathon than a low end rush.

I have Paris, lvling dual viper. And dual zorens.

However I don't like what they have don't to the zorens they feel just like a normal melee now. Not like what they were before (high speed and crits)

I might change them

Ash is one of the fastest frames in the game, second only to Loki, I believe. If you have plenty of points left, go for rush, if not, go for Marathon, you'll get more out of an upgraded marathon than a low end rush.

If my calculations are correct than after I max out Rush with the other mods I'm going to but on I'll have one mod point let and one more spot, should I take one point out of rush,continuity,flow,or focus?

and should I switch out focus with streamline?

I'm not going to add vitaly,redirection,or steel fiber don't think I really need them.

If my calculations are correct than after I max out Rush with the other mods I'm going to but on I'll have one mod point let and one more spot, should I take one point out of rush,continuity,flow,or focus?

and should I switch out focus with streamline?

I'm not going to add vitaly,redirection,or steel fiber don't think I really need them.

Streamline is an excellent mod if you use your higher end abilities.

You will want defensive mods. At least one. Health is a must add for infested, when you're fighting level 30+ enemies, no matter what faction, they'll chew through shields in seconds, toxic ancients will randomly run on or get stuck near you, draining what little health you have in seconds.

Hi, i'm a newbie to the game (got it few days ago) and i wanted to ask basically the same question:

i was thinking about equipping Strun + Lex + Cronus

I'm low lvl, i would apply this first to my excalibur and after to Ash (once i'll get it)

Opinions?

Streamline is an excellent mod if you use your higher end abilities.

You will want defensive mods. At least one. Health is a must add for infested, when you're fighting level 30+ enemies, no matter what faction, they'll chew through shields in seconds, toxic ancients will randomly run on or get stuck near you, draining what little health you have in seconds.

So should I switch out Focus with Streamline than? and well Health mod i don't know I maxed out all Ashes skills cause i use most of them for different situations.

From personal experience regarding Ash play.

If you plan to solo, make a different setup (where you can include rush, marathon etc). In team play you will never get a real use of sprinting longer than everyone else or faster or longer. As a team you have to stick together (talking about high end planets with lvl 40+ mobs).

For frame setup I highly recommend streamline focus flow (at least 100%) 500+ shields, 800+ HP, max bladestorm, shuriken, rank 1-3 teleport up to your liking, max smoke screen.

Weapons: depends mainly on what your squad plans on doing. If is infested, your main job will be to dispatch ancients quick, be it normal mission or defense. So DHS would be a good call, but from personal experience moded Fang and Ether swords work fine as well. Long range gun Latron or Boltor, side arm Akbolto / Viper.

Ash is an excellent melee dps frame, and you have to be in melee range for that to work, so faster sprint speed is a must for closing the gap on ranged enemies.

If you cant afford Rush, Quick Rest is better than Marathon. If you cant afford Quick Rest, you're probably better off not getting Marathon and putting more points into +shield, to survive the trip to enemies.

You could also go more Flow/Streamline/Continuity route and stealth up to large groups, but the reduced duration compared to Loki generally means you'll unstealth just as you reach them (if you're used to Lokis duration as I was).

Due to the +50% damage while in stealth, you'll want a ranged weapon that you can fire off without having to take the time to set up a headshot. Something fast firing like Dual Viper or Akbolto works really well. Or a sniping pistol and a rapid fire longgun - a shotty or a Burston, IMO.

I don't have an Ash personally, but from what I see, he runs kind of like Loki, but with more damage output.

That said, on my Loki I run:

Primary: Paris

Secondary: Akbolto

Melee: Dual Heat Swords

I can't remember all of my mods but I know that I run Reach, Flow, Continuity and Streamline.

Hopefully this helps a bit, sorry I couldn't tell you how I run Ash haha

Thats exactly what I have planned for my ash,

tho Im thinking just for fun I might thro in a shotgun at some point.

You cant be a complete Ash without some boomstick.

:D