Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thank You Note To The Community

Poopsie_Jones

Showing new players the warframe ropes is a really great experience. I had just met two people through a mutual friend. One had played warframe for about a day with me and had obtained a pretty solid grasp of the game and the other was pretty much fresh out of the download launcher. Picked up an Appolodorus match to really show how warframe can put up a good fight in survivals.

The team consisted of Ember (clanmate and long time friend), Nekros (Myself), Rhino(Couldn't even iron skin up yet), and Excalibur. We had spent most of the match wandering and clearing hallways. Sometimes we would get separated, but it was never a problem they really stuck with one another. It was really awesome hearing the sounds of bratons pinging grineer down distant hallways. Things started getting tougher as heavy units started spawning. We rendezvous and continued the killing until about 45 minutes in. Things started getting hectic with napalm fire blasts being able to take down anyone not paying attention quickly. It wasn't long before a revive was administered if someone did go down. At about 55 minutes in our tricks for stopping enemies to get a revive breather was no longer adequate and we started heading for extraction. 

Eventually we got there with a lot of cuts and bruises  that could tell thousands of war stories. After extraction the two new players said that was extremely intense and it was tons of fun. They're now great friends and we play warframe frequently.

This kind of reminds me of the "Confessions" thread. I always revive first before going back to the pod. Like someone said upthread, there are 1000 matches, but I don't like nor like anyone else wasting revive. It's a coop game, and I play it like one.

I too have been enjoying my time running around in my newly made starter frame/weapons. I've run a number of missions with under rank 5 in the same gear and it's great to watch them learn and ask questions on how to survive and make their frames better. It's also a great learning experience - I kept telling my partner that it wasn't any way near as this hard when we started about a year ago. There were no leaders :)

Keep up the good work, all.

Yeah, in game other than a few "hallway heroes" and the occasional racist kid, I've found the community to be pretty awesome.

The forum community, on the other hand...

It's a unique aspect of the community I would think.

On the forums, people are just being people. Some are hopeful, some cynical, some derisive, some helpful.

But in game players generally are helpful to each other (but not the trading tab, that's filled with sharks). There's a  sense of camaraderie.

Edited by RespectTheInternet

I actually like running into and helping new players, its one of the only ways left to have fun

No Tenno left behind!

*salutes*

These are two good examples of why I love this community.

Can't have a gaming community without the unity.

I spent a weekend with three new players, met at random in a Terminus Match. More than half the time, they were trying to figure out the controls, what damage types were effective, how and when to use frame abilities, etc.

By the end of that weekend, they were mastery rank 3, and they never ended up playing without eachother...

Best part was, the entire time they called me Derp-Sensei.. I may have told them that Derp was a term of respect, but I would like to believe they already knew.

I see them online together most of the time even a few months later, each of them in their mastery rank 7-9.

The feels of watching them grow up.. they don't need old Derp anymore..

True. The issue is that sometimes veterans want to just mess around and when there is no option to search players with similar level of experience, it becomes a problem for new players since sometimes when I want to mess around, I get matched with new players when I am not really interested educating them at the time.

Wish I could make the choice so that I wouldn't ruin others gameplay experience.

True. The issue is that sometimes veterans want to just mess around and when there is no option to search players with similar level of experience, it becomes a problem for new players since sometimes when I want to mess around, I get matched with new players when I am not really interested educating them at the time.

Wish I could make the choice so that I wouldn't ruin others gameplay experience.

That would actually be an amazing function. Those that want to go and help new players can, while others who don't want to, don't have to.

DE, do this.

I too like joining lower levels games with nerfed gear!

It's a joy of mine to teach players how things work in case they have any questions.

Also the same reason I made a little guide on helping new players. I don't want to post it up though. I don't want to be that guy who shamelessly advertises themselves like they're the best thing since sliced bread.

That would actually be an amazing function. Those that want to go and help new players can, while others who don't want to, don't have to.

DE, do this.

This has been proposed earlier by other players so credit goes where credit is due. DE also knows about this, they have even talked about it and at one time, it seemed a lot like it was a soon future implementation that would have been in this game a long time ago already. But, it seems like it was pushed back to the point they no longer even talk about it. Which is sad, because the very idea was to make veterans match up with veterans and not screw other players around.

But now that new player experience is getting an overhaul, what would be a better time to put the idea back on the table and maybe, hopefully, it will be implemented for the sake of the games well being.

This has been proposed earlier by other players so credit goes where credit is due. DE also knows about this, they have even talked about it and at one time, it seemed a lot like it was a soon future implementation that would have been in this game a long time ago already. But, it seems like it was pushed back to the point they no longer even talk about it. Which is sad, because the very idea was to make veterans match up with veterans and not screw other players around.

But now that new player experience is getting an overhaul, what would be a better time to put the idea back on the table and maybe, hopefully, it will be implemented for the sake of the games well being.

I think Rebecca posted somewhere that they shelved or postponed the reputation system for now and I think what you was talking about was apart of that or was going to be.