Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe On Xbox One Better Faster Update?

(PSN)KISSHD

Hey do you guys think that if Warframe come to xbox one Microsoft might push updates to be faster then that of ps4. I mean PS is also late on updating the store where xbox updates early in the morning PS updates in the evening. I feel as though updates will arrive faster on Xbox One If Microsoft pushes for it.

Edited by (PS4)KISSHD

The updates could potentially roll out only a bit faster; the real time consumer is the porting of PC version to Console version (taking the PC version/updates and then converting it into a version which runs on the console). This is because PC updates can't be rolled out to the consoles right as they're released on PC.

Basically if Microsoft's cert process is faster, then yes--however the versions of the Xbone and PS4 version will likely remain relatively the same in version number and in that they're both behind the PC version.

The only time that the console versions would ever be the same version as the PC version is if DE decided to turn primary development to multiplatform instead of PC and if they delayed PC updates to sync up with console updates (which won't happen).

who knows. i think initially it will be actually slower for xbox. Xbox one and PS4 both have the same architecture as PC. So, porting a game from PC to this generation of consoles shouldn't be extremely time consuming as it was back then. The only difference being the way the RAM works on both consoles (Memory allocation might be an issue while optimizing the versions for the consoles). While PS4 shares GDDR5 RAM (same as medium ranged PC), Xbox one has 8 GB of DDR3 Ram and 32 MB of eSRAM which will be a challenge for the DE developers at first. For Ps4, they(DE) took out PhysX (even though Ps4 supports it) and optimized the graphics little bit. Theoretically speaking DE should be able to push more content faster for PS4 but the only reason that i think is blocking them from doing so is their desire to push as much content as they can with bug fixes in a single update and the time consuming process of certifying the update from sony so that it doesn't crash your PS4 due to memory leaks. so, it will actually take little bit of extra effort to optimize code for xbox one (if they want to make full use of eSRAM).

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

It's a possibility. If Warframe uses a direct x API it certainly could make porting a lot easier and faster. I'm not sure if DE is going to keep one release cycle for all consoles or different ones for each platform. If they are seperated I imagine a lot more PC content will be hitting the Xbox One in quicker time.

What I hope will happen is that Microsoft will shorten/eliminate cert time to make Warframe on Xbox "better" than on PS4. Sony will respond by doing the exact same thing, until eventually Warframe updates are dictated entirely by DE on all 3 platforms. I know it's a long shot, but it's definitely within the realm of possibilities. We'll just have to wait for Microsoft to take a definitive stance on Online F2P games before we can make a real guess as to what will happen.

Its probably going to come down to how quickly they can port it over, and since its a known fact according to developers that PS4 is alot easier to develop for than the Xbone, especially in the resolution department. My fear is that they will hold the ps4 port back so that the ps4 and the Xbone updates get released at the same time.

Its probably going to come down to how quickly they can port it over, and since its a known fact according to developers that PS4 is alot easier to develop for than the Xbone, especially in the resolution department. My fear is that they will hold the ps4 port back so that the ps4 and the Xbone updates get released at the same time.

While I agree that one version will hold up the other release wise it might not be the xbox 1 version.It runs on direct x and it seems it might get a direct x12 upgrade later to boost performance.Meaning  it has the same foundation as the pc version, its just a matter of fine tuning the level of graphics for best overall experience.and to take better advantage of the hardware.

If the experience I had with Defiance holds true with Warframe then PC < Xbox < PS in terms of speed of updates.   Sony's cert process was slower than Microsoft.

How do you play two grinding games at the same time?

Well met, ark hunter. I am currently travelling around the Bay Area also.

The updates could potentially roll out only a bit faster; the real time consumer is the porting of PC version to Console version (taking the PC version/updates and then converting it into a version which runs on the console). This is because PC updates can't be rolled out to the consoles right as they're released on PC.

Basically if Microsoft's cert process is faster, then yes--however the versions of the Xbone and PS4 version will likely remain relatively the same in version number and in that they're both behind the PC version.

The only time that the console versions would ever be the same version as the PC version is if DE decided to turn primary development to multiplatform instead of PC and if they delayed PC updates to sync up with console updates (which won't happen).

I hope DE never makes one of the consoles the lead platform. Noticed this in too many studios and their games (Ubisoft is notorious for this): for the studio who switches lead platform from pc to console, the quality of their now pc ports always declines. Again, Ubisoft is notorious for this. COD surprisingly wasn't like this, as their games are pretty stable across all platforms, at least the IW ones.

• 1 month later...