Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Funhouse Guns?

(PSN)LeviathanTM

Question

It looks cooler than everything else?

Pretty much this^

To give you an example, I've been forma'ing my Supra a lot lately. Why? Well it certainly isn't because it deals high damage, or is pin-point accurate, or the mechanics are good. Overall it doesn't have much going for it gameplay wise - but revving up that PewPew machine still makes me feel like a boss, even though I'm probably not going to hit what I'm shooting at. 

Anything out of the ordinary!

Phage, Angstrum, Amprex, Synapse, Stug, Flux Rifle, Torid, Embolist, Castanas, and Tysis!

Stug and Amprex are actually my favorite weapons.

Weird or otherwise unconventional firing mechanics just seem more fun to me.

Edited by (PS4)StoneRevolver

Anything out of the ordinary!

Phage, Angstrum, Amprex, Synapse, Stug, Flux Rifle, Torid, Embolist, Castanas, and Tysis!

Stug and Amprex are actually my favorite weapons.

Weird or otherwise unconventional firing mechanics just seem more fun to me.

if you like unconventional firing-mechanis, may i recommend ballistica and tigris?

Lanka with shock camo

- Looks boss

- Deals damage like a boss

- Sniper rifles are unique <3

love me my vectis, yellow like the sun you will never see again after that headshot

Always consider what the other two options on a loadout will compliment said weapon first.

If it's a slower primary, I want either a faster melee or a faster secondary.

If it's a faster primary, I want any melee and a slower secondary.

I gotta have some kinda balance or I can't function.

Like I would never roll with Penta and Angstrum. I'd never roll with Soma and Twin Vipers.

I have to have some sorta reliable spread.

After I've decided what the loadout will be, I'll look at the frame to see if it works with the frame's skills. If it doesn't, I'll change things accordingly.

Lastly, I'll consider changing based on what faction I'm fighting.

I always roll with at least one combination of: Puncture/Impact, Slash/Impact etc.

I never use all puncture, I never use all impact, I never use all slash.

Just can't do it.

I usually like weapons that have something interesting about how they function, like the Angstrum or the Stug. But sometimes I just like using a certain weapon, and I do not really know why, like the Grakata and the Dera, my two favorite AR style weapons. They are not all that great stat wise, but I really like using them. Meanwhile the Soma, while super effective, is so incredibly boring that I never use it anymore.

One of my favorite weapons is the Drakgoon. Its charge mechanic adding accuracy instead of damage is interesting and makes it fun to use. And adding extra fire rate and multishot to it is ridiculously awesome for spamming close range hordes to death. And I also really like the versatility of the dynamic accuracy. I just wish that shotgun elemental mods were not so hard for me to find...

Pre-Damage2.0, my favorite weapon was the Spectra. Because it cuts shi!t up to tiny pieces.

And then suddenly it's got more Puncture leanings, making it underdamaged, slow and unfun. I seriously hoped it was gonna be just Puncture/Slash with minimal Impact, too. Guess Serrated Blade doesn't mean Puncture/Slash, even if it's good against armour and infested.

Now I just cosplay Nekros with Braton Prime and Ether Reaper, cutting stuff up with my assault rifle and creating nanomachine clones/digital facsimiles of stuff I've cut into pieces and thoroughly nuzzled around with.