Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Need Reworks Post 2.0

TerraLupus

torid/acrid - Either change the name of both of these to "Getrid" or address the Dot scaling cus neither of these weapons even tickle high end content anymore.

Despair - Being the Brakk equivalent of  thrown weapons I expect more bang for my buck, I think a base damage boost to around 75 total wouldnt hurt with at least a crit rate of 10%. Or better yet boost the crit rate to 25-50% and crit multiple to 2.5-3.0x allowing for crit builds with a damage of 66.6.( 50 pen 15slash 1.6 impact) the 2.5% crit has got to go one way or another.

Shotguns in general - I said it before that drop off has got to go Dropoff<Spread

Attica - more a general lacking weapon as it is close range shots tend to fire from some magic place far to the left of the cross hair and over all as a simi bow weapon the crit rate and multiple is meh and the damage vs fire rate is even more meh. Needs higher crit stats, a 25% or so overall damage boost wouldn't hurt, or at least some more fire rate.

Snipers - They just need a private mod set focused more on single shots that rapid shooting weapons. I would even say adding the lever actions, bows and single fire rifles use a sniper based mod set rather than rifle would be a big improvement.

this mod set would need higher Base damage, reload speed, more focused mods on crit with higher bonuses, in some cases projectile speed and most of all a bar minimum of 100% multishot.

Venka - Crit on the first slash deals 10x the normal crit multiple up to 20k in my tests it is only the first slash in a combo and this is not a hs all crits after this attack have the normal crit multiple. Other than that bug the claws feel very nikanaish leaves me expecting (Dragon nikana) play by DE with a new claw weapon that you use the old one to build and gain around a 2x base damage improvement. however if this is not the case Venka could use some love in the area of crit. 

Mods that should be improved 

rifle - split chambers multi-shot could be buffed to a flat 100% that is unless single fire rifles get a custom multishot mod as the 10% difference is much more costly on a single fire than a rapid fire weapon.

Shotguns - point blank mods should have a damage bonus of at least 165% like rifle's serration. accelerated blast should give multi-shot and fire rate now rather than pen damage similar to lethal torrent for pistols.

True Steel - More like True Fail this mod needs to be at least doubled no reason for melee weapons to only get half the crit rate from mods unless they have a drastically higher base Crit rate and they do not. Ss it stands no melee weapon is worth using true steel on as you can either gain a 2-6% chance to deal bonus damage or for the same price just gain 60-90% bonus damage guaranteed so yah give true steel some love.

Melee 

Glaive - the throw input delays throwing while wielding the weapon which is kinda what the glaive does. the stance damage itself could use a 3x multiple, and the throw command needs to be something easy and instant like block+attack.

Edited by TerraLupus

Torid/Acrid: Needs that rework

Despair: Not sure

Shotguns: I think they're fine where they are.

Attica: "STOP ARROW! WHERE YOU GOING?!?!"

Snipers: Not sure :x

Venka: Not sure as well

Split Chamber: Eh.........10% extra would be nice.....

Point Blank: A small buff would be nice but not 165%. Unless you want 200 per BULLET. (200 is an exaggeration)

Accelerated Blast: Shouldn't have multishot. You'll see around 30 bullets per shot. Unbalanced~~~~

True Steel: NOW WE'RE TALKING! I DEMAND HIGHER CRIT RATES!

Miter

Supra.

Spectra.

Last I checked, Miter or Supra weren't the worst weapons in the game.

And also to OP, put Spectra on that list. No weapon deserves to be buffed until Spectra has stats to recognize it's cost... or just simply not have the worst DPS in the game.

Edited by Actriaz

Torid is pretty good if you mod it well, especially modding for Blast procs. Acrid isn't too bad, and honestly I think it's fine. The dot doesn't do a whole lot all the time, but it can still be pretty darn scary.

Despair is great and fine how it is.

Shotguns are great and fine how they are.

Attica...I didn't notice much of the bolt deviation, but I didn't use it past ranking it to 30. The stats are ok, but it's not meant to be a weapon to end all weapons.

Snipers are getting a buff but still hit like trucks how they are. Bows are just more consistent.

Venka is pretty cool. I don't have Malicious Raptor yet, but it seems pretty good so far. That massive crit damage on the first hit is neat, though. Again, I think it's fine how it is, as it's not meant to be the end-all weapon.

Mods are fine.

The only weapon I'd say that is in dire need of a buff or rework is Spectra. Sure, the status chance is nice, but the damage is just....bad.

I agree with everything said here except for Despair and sniper weapons in general.

I forget who said it, but it was confirmed that snipers will be buffed in the future. I want to see that first before having separate mods for snipers, as much of an improvement that would be for single-shot weapons.

I use Despair almost as a primary whenever I farm Sechura or T3/T4 missions, and I don't think it really needs improvement. It's great how it is right now and I think any more stat increases would bring an imbalance to other secondaries.

The only weapon I'd say that is in dire need of a buff or rework is Spectra. Sure, the status chance is nice, but the damage is just....bad.

Have you actually used the Spectra? I put all the Status mods I could (Breeding grounds, Tethra, Cicero etc) and rarely get procs. It's not 20% per damage tick, it's 20% per second. There is literally no good use for this weapon. No crit, no status, and no damage.

It's worse than the Lato.

Edited by Actriaz

Have you actually used the Spectra? I put all the Status mods I could (Breeding grounds, Tethra, Cicero etc) and rarely get procs. It's not 20% per damage tick, it's 20% per second. There is literally no good use for this weapon. No crit, no status, and no damage.

I know it's worse than the Lato lol, that's why I said it needed a buff/rework. I really haven't touched it in ages, but the listed status is not bad. Considering Embolist is a status monster (not even considering the Poison procs) and only has 10% chance, I think Spectra will get a bunch. I've meant to use it for a while now, so I'll play with it a little later

Nothing is worse than the Lato.

Despair - Being the Brakk equivalent of  thrown weapons I expect more bang for my buck, I think a base damage boost to around 75 total wouldnt hurt with at least a crit rate of 10%. Or better yet boost the crit rate to 25-50% and crit multiple to 2.5-3.0x allowing for crit builds with a damage of 66.6.( 50 pen 15slash 1.6 impact) the 2.5% crit has got to go one way or another.

just no, that is not the thrown brakk,  what made you think that in the first place?

Shotguns in general - I said it before that drop off has got to go Dropoff<Spread

they're good already at what they are, point blank face erasers, i have 2 on my permanent collection

Snipers - They just need a private mod set focused more on single shots that rapid shooting weapons. I would even say adding the lever actions, bows and single fire rifles use a sniper based mod set rather than rifle would be a big improvement.

they do need a little love and easiest way would be primed chamber return

Attica - more a general lacking weapon as it is close range shots tend to fire from some magic place far to the left of the cross hair and over all as a simi bow weapon the crit rate and multiple is meh and the damage vs fire rate is even more meh. Needs higher crit stats, a 25% or so overall damage boost wouldn't hurt, or at least some more fire rate.

it has trouble deciding what should it be used for, doesn't fit in any category and doesn't have enough to reach even decent

Mods that should be improved 

rifle - split chambers multi-shot could be buffed to a flat 100% that is unless single fire rifles get a custom multishot mod as the 10% difference is much more costly on a single fire than a rapid fire weapon.

Shotguns - point blank mods should have a damage bonus of at least 165% like rifle's serration. accelerated blast should give multi-shot and fire rate now rather than pen damage similar to lethal torrent for pistols.

True Steel - More like True Fail this mod needs to be at least doubled no reason for melee weapons to only get half the crit rate from mods unless they have a drastically higher base Crit rate and they do not. Ss it stands no melee weapon is worth using true steel on as you can either gain a 2-6% chance to deal bonus damage or for the same price just gain 60-90% bonus damage guaranteed so yah give true steel some love.

rifle the 10% extra... would be nice i guest but it wont have great impact and as such is not really important

shotguns hell chamber has the highest multi shot boost on a single mod, and shotguns already have a lot of damage boosters, not taking into account point blank requires far fewer points.

true steel i guess i agree

To everyone who mentioned it I left out the specter because it was always weaker it has nothing to do with damage 2.0 both flux and spectra have pretty low damage considering the competition now but I never felt they were high tier. that being said sure they are not the strongest weapons in the game BUT if only for better ammo econ I would totally take them to t3 or 4 endless

I use Despair almost as a primary whenever I farm Sechura or T3/T4 missions, and I don't think it really needs improvement. It's great how it is right now and I think any more stat increases would bring an imbalance to other secondaries.

If you start farming past 40 mins in t3/4 survival you will see the despairs fall and fall fast, sure fully moded they mow down junk mobs with their speed, But any fast shooting sidearm can do that with enough mods. however when I take a fully anti heavy moded despair up against a level 80+ heavy and it takes 3 clips to the head, while the marelok and brakk can do the same in 3 shots depending on crit with roughly the same mod set thats a problem.

Dont confuse over moded weapons for overpowered weapons For how weak the spectra is I deal a little over 1000 damage a secound with my baby flux but its cata'ed and forma'ed to perfection.

Despair isnt horrible but It doesnt fit the end game tier that the other death mark weapons do, esp considering a normal lex with the same polarity setup and mod slots is actually much stronger 3 to 4 times even after the recoil and fire rate. I just finished my marelok build and hits through enemies has hit scan deals more damage in every area and only had 1.3 less fire rate. Brakk is just a marelok with drop off in the end.

I did a test awile ago and despair was one of the few weapons that couldnt one shot level 1 grineer in the pool of prime, death mark, and clan tech weapons I tested unmoded

rifle the 10% extra... would be nice i guest but it wont have great impact and as such is not really important

shotguns hell chamber has the highest multi shot boost on a single mod, and shotguns already have a lot of damage boosters, not taking into account point blank requires far fewer points.

10% chance to deal half damage when you shoot 1-2 rounds a second can make a world of difference.

The point cost means nothing with forma's as common as they are.

Shotguns have alot of damage affecting mods yes But thats more mod slots you have to use, and you only have 8.

point blank+blaze+vile spread+ hells chamber= 488% base damage + 60% fire and thats 4 slots used

Serration+heavy caliber+split chamber= 633% base damage and if you were so inclined you have another mod slot to put 90% fire damage on your weapon and still only use 4 slots BUT you even have the option to use any other mod in that slot.

lets leave sidearm mods to sit this one out cus yah...

Spectra and Flux both need their proc's changed to per shot and not per second.

The ORIGINAL gorgon could also use a buff. Especially since the excellent Gorgon Wraith is not available to new players who want a minigun/LMG.

Torid also needs way bigger explosions and WAY shorter reload time. It requires far too many mods just to get a decent efficiency out of it before you can start modding for dps.

And I say this as someone with a Torid and Flux that I've forma'd five times each for both. I love them but even kitted out they still underperform a decent amount compared to similar guns in the warframe arsenal. A few tweaks would make them b-b-b-ballin'.

The Supra and the Gorgon aren't bad - they're inefficient as hell and need tons of Forma to make good, but they're far from horrible once they're there. The issue is that to get them there, you have to spend time, money, blood, sweat, tears, and quiet sacrifices to Lotus' awesome hat. And I know this because I've done this.

Now compare this to say, the Boltor Prime, which is ridiculously potent out-the-box and barely needs Forma at all to be effective. Or the Soma, which is more effective with no Forma than the Gorgon is with 3. What I see is more of an efficiency issue, though these guns still need buffs, and big ones.

Burst weapons desperately need Shred/Speed Trigger to work on them. It's bullsquid that they apply full benefits to automatics and not bursts. It's what keeps the Hind from being a way better weapon.

Sentinel weapons need to be dramatically improved. Most of them are utter crap right now.

Glaive Prime needs love.

Acrid needs a reason to exist, considering it's outdone on every level by the Tysis.

I happen to like the way my flux is going right now. I would like to see torid, and sentinel weapons get something. Watching shade's burst rifle shoot all 3 rounds and none land anywhere close to the enemy is pretty sad.

With that being said I don't see myself ever getting into the wave 45 or 50+ or even more then 40 minutes in any survival so I tend to ignore a lot of the nerf this or that posts.

You can get the Lato for a couple credits

You must research, get / craft fieldron, and then build the Spectra

In a fight to the death i'd pick the Lato any day.

The "difficulty" or time investment are irrelevant here.

u gotta be kidding, i've beaten half the game with only lato not even aklato... well that was before nerf though but its still a decent thing

Irrelevant as well. You can go up to Pluto with ANY weapon, from the crappiest to the best. It just takes more dedication and time to kill stuff with them.

Edited by Marthrym