Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Better? Grim Fury Vs Brutal Tide

_Fracture8

Question

Hey everyone

To those who have the Obex/Kogake and either of these mods, can you give me a heads up as to what you guys prefer and why? I currently have both of these mods and can't decide on what to use primarily. I'll list what I like about both stances and hopefully you guys can do the same so we get a better idea of what to use.

BT:

Looks badass 

Very nice CC

Can hit multiple enemies

Decent damage

Slow, floaty strikes

Jerky combo chains (lunge, pause, lunge, pause etc)

GF:

Above average single target DPS

More than 1 combo

That roundhouse kick... Chuck Norris + Jackie Chan hybrid kick

Fast attack speed

Single target

Hard to pull off one of the combos with Fury/Any other speed increase

Looks almost identical to the blank stance

So what do you guys prefer or think of the stances?

6 answers to this question

Wasnt there the exact same topic some days ago? People will say what they prefer, and in the end a wise man will come by and says:

"Choose whatever you prefer fighting with."

I wasn't aware of a same topic. Damn

And also I don't want that typical "what you like" response, I generally want a consensus as to whats more effective in combat

I wasn't aware of a same topic. Damn

And also I don't want that typical "what you like" response, I generally want a consensus as to whats more effective in combat

Bottom line: Very few stances will be 100% more effective than the other stance for the weapon. Crimson Dervish is the closest thing to an exception there is with its insane damage multiplier, but still lacks the end-attack AoE of Iron Phoenix, and is slower to boot.

You listed all the positives and negatives to each in the OP. I don't really know of any other differences between the two, so no one can really help you there.

It all depends on what you're using it for and what other mods you use on the weapons. There won't be a general consensus on what's more effective in combat, so fishing for some wise poster to come up with some long argument about why one is better than the other is futile, because... there'll be someone else writing a long rant about why the other is better.

Stop worrying about a consensus about which is more effective in combat because I'm sorry to say that you won't find one. As others have mentioned, there was another thread pretty recently that also came up with no solid conclusion. It's probably safe to say that this one won't either.

I run Brutal Tide but only perform the 1st tap. (Spinning Lunge Move)

I use the stance for quick-burst AoE and as a movemny utility.

Combined with Valkyr's Paralysis, it takes a little timing effort but you can farm 400% melee boost while doing that 1st multi-hit melee tap. (Not full combo, just the 1st hit and then slide/pause/block)

Speed, Crit, Impact build + Max Rush (Target to Target)

If Grim Fury was easier to pull off combos or was multi-target, I would use it on non-Valkyr.