Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Appreciation Thread

(PSN)Joshuaalt

While there are a few things I can thank DE for (mainly with regards to the art team), I honestly can not thank them for the rest of the content in this game.

In my perspective, the gameplay mechanics and the grind have only gotten worse over the past several updates, and the new player experience is still atrocious.

It honestly scares me that we as consumers are praising what is technically an unfinished product and thanking the company for it anyway, despite the fact this game has a longer list of problems than Santa's naughty and nice lists.

So why are you still here?

Because I want to help improve WF. Maybe I didn't make it clear, but no one should be bowing down to the devs of an unfinished game and thanking them for a half baked mess.

While there are a few things I can thank DE for (mainly with regards to the art team), I honestly can not thank them for the rest of the content in this game.

In my perspective, the gameplay mechanics and the grind have only gotten worse over the past several updates, and the new player experience is still atrocious.

It honestly scares me that we as consumers are praising what is technically an unfinished product and thanking the company for it anyway, despite the fact this game has a longer list of problems than Santa's naughty and nice lists.

this^, especially the bolded parts.

Maybe they enjoyed it at one point? Maybe they like the concepts? Maybe they've purchased platinum?

^^this^^

Because we want it to improve. Simple as that.

^^this^^

EDIT:

Oh and ^^this^^

Edited by Magnagar

This is the worst possible thing to say, you're effectively saying "Stop giving feedback on the things you don't like in the game, just be quiet and swallow whatever they put out."

Complaining =/= feedback.

After so many posts you kinda should know about this.

Edited by Khranitel

Complaining =/= feedback.

After so many posts you kinda should know about this.

complaining actually does equal feedback. It might not be the kind you are looking for/only want to find, but it is feedback. It's telling DE that they don't like X/Y/Z. It might not always be the best if it's not done right (i.e. why they dislike it) but it is feedback.

Hell, "complaining" is what has gotten most of the huge changes the player base has wanted. D2.0? Complaining. Stamina nerf mostly reverted? Complaining. If you want a larger list I'll provide a much bigger one if you want more proof.

Still don't believe me? Lemme find a quote by DEmegan on this.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108154-to-de/?p=1251250

There you go. DE agreeing with a post by me, saying more or less "negative feedback is important", with negative feedback being mostly "complaining".

edit: 6k posts, whoop dee do.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Which is kinda the point, whether you realize it or not. Saying "Be grateful for a half baked product" is pretty terrifying, and signals something awful in the mindset of the gaming world if more people start thinking like this. Fortunately, I don't think many people think that way.

I wouldn't call warframe half-baked. Most of it is finished and the only thing that comes to mind that obviously needs a rework is the stealth system. Everything else is just extra content and in an online F2P game that never stops even after the game is "finished". Obviously there are going to be bugs every game has some and the bug are fixed faster than most of the other games out there. The other glaring issue with the game is lag, but that isn't really the devs' fault. Unless we get dedicated servers there are going to be laggy hosts and maybe warframe will earn enough money one day to pay for them, but their lack doesn't mean the game is half baked. If anything I'm grateful for the frequent updates that the devs make to the game. They always get me excited to play and will do so for a long time to come unless PWE screws everything up.

Edited by BerelHawdos

DE has allowed us to play Warframe while they create this world around us. Know one told them that they had to but instead of having 2-3 week alpha/beta test they have had a year long open beta that allows them to create a better game, galaxy and story. It has been 3 months since I was awoken and have heard the legendary story's of unbelievable grinding for control module's, Prime frames, a skill tree and GOD's reduced to mere Tenno. I heard whispers of Tenno building ships in far off lands and one day will adopted and care for a loving Kubrow that is unlike the wild beasts that roaming below.

In the end it my not be perfect yet but DE could have made the game and released it as it was without Tenno guiding them to create a game worth grinding for.

So stop complaining and say "Thank You Digital Extremes"

Thank you DE for letting us take part in this journey.

How about no 

I wouldn't call warframe half-baked. Most of it is finished and the only thing that comes to mind that obviously needs a rework is the stealth system. Everything else is just extra content and in an online F2P game that never stops even after the game is "finished". Obviously there are going to be bugs every game has some and the bug are fixed faster than most of the other games out there. The other glaring issue with the game is lag, but that isn't really the devs' fault. Unless we get dedicated servers there are going to be laggy hosts and maybe warframe will earn enough money one day to pay for them, but their lack doesn't mean the game is half baked. If anything I'm grateful for the frequent updates that the devs make to the game. They always get me excited to play and will do so for a long time to come unless PWE screws everything up.

I can think of a ton:

Mods 2.0 still needs work, there is only the illusion of choice there.

Stealth sucks, hugely.

Melee 2.0 still can't hit osperies IIRC, and finding stance mods... Holy crap. Really?

Speaking of mods, finding some of the mods is stupidly hard. New players have a helluva time getting a serration/hornet strike.

And the new player experience! Holy crap! It's awful! until after earth you can craft a cronus... or an orthos. Nothing else. Credits get you like, ~5-6 weapons.

AI just sucks.

Missions have one path, not the potential several they talked about before.

If that's not enough, I can get you more.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1