Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons For Ash

Crunner

Question

So I do not currently own Ash but I am in the process of making my way to the boss fight that drops his parts. I've looked up info about him and I really like his moves and intended play style (stealth/melee killing). I know i want to get the aura steel charge for bonus melee damage and as for weapons I plan on going with my paris(soon to be prime) and kunai(hopefully upgraded for despair) for stealth gameplay. As for his melee I'm still unsure. I want it to be good but I also want it to "match" him if you will, as in not a giant war axe. Any tips for good mods and melees I should be looking at would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

16 answers to this question

You could go with Fang Prime, as they could "fit" on the theme you wanna make and the deal good amounts of damage.

Personally I like to run with a single dagger when I'm going stealth as the stealth attack animation is one of my favorites.

Heat dagger is lacking unless you want to fight infested.

Depends I can take it to the void on a T3 (T4 is hard to find) and end up one shotting most of the basic mobs and taking a combo to kill a Heavy given that I use the right elemental combo to take them down with Corrosive and Cold IPS isn't all that you need just plug in the right combo and you got yourself a killer.  Kinda why peeps use Dread due to high crits and damage to be added as elemental damage

I was looking at the fang/fang prime. What are some good single daggers out there?

We only have three daggers, ceramic, dark and heat.

Dark Dagger deals 35 radiation damage.

Ceramic Dagger deals 35, mostly puncture &

Heat Dagger deals 45, mostly puncture.

Heat dagger is lacking unless you want to fight infested.

No, not at all.

Edited by xlraistlx

Just going to point out that because of the stealth mechanics, you will not get the bonus x4 multiplier on melee attacks if you touch your enemy before striking them. This makes using the daggers and other short weapons an ironically bad choice for Loki/Ash/Excal as enemies will more often than not come into contact with you while simply trying to hit them. 

if OP is a new player as it seems, then the most suitable melee weapons to try for until hes ranked up would be.

Fang

Dual Ether

Dual Skana

Heat Dagger

Nami Skyla

those are all reasonably good stuff you can just up and aquire even at Mastery Rank 0, they will at least serve for gaining mastery until you can find better, someone mentioned the heat dagger only being useful for infested, its pretty good vs everything tbh, esp the slam/jump attack, it often procs fire which can cause units to panic/thrash around like idiots so it has uses beyond infested, its regular damage isnt fire so useful anywhere.

for a starter, Fangs are probably quite good but try for the Nami Skyla as well, a fairly recent weapon and has the best spin attack damage of anything going as well as being the best dual swords damage weapon, you can get it from clan labs but it has no mastery level requirement.

The dark sword or dagger is also pretty interesting. Starts with radiation dmg, so you could make some nasty rainbows with them.

They have no rank requirement, but are only obtainable thru alerts though - so you have to keep your eye out..