Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo... Shock Eximus.

AdunSaveMe

Less thread more skill nubs

A stunning riposte! I look forward to more of your insightful feedback!

Well-written. But there's always people who think everything that affects you negatively is well-designed.

If you think it isn't a flawless design, well, too bad, you're a noob, you just want everything to be easy.

I like the Blitz eximus idea. Actually makes them useful.

Right now I'm pretty sure their 'special ability' is pretty much what the heavy gunners do.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Well-written. But there's always people who think everything that affects you negatively is well-designed.

If you think it isn't a flawless design, well, too bad, you're a noob, you just want everything to be easy.

I like the Blitz eximus idea. Actually makes them useful.

Right now I'm pretty sure their 'special ability' is pretty much what the heavy gunners do.

There is one phrase I always use for people like that: I do not care. 

And yes, the current Blitz Eximus uses the Heavy Gunner's (and all Heavy Grineer's) Seismic Shockwave.

Edited by Renegade343

I don't think you're paying attention.

You cannot always see them, find them or get to them.

And you seem to think losing all your energy for no reason is a challenge or isn't a problem. Rightio.

Sure it's fine if you only ever use guns.

Of course I am paying attention that is how I avoid them. YOU are not paying attention that is why you are often caught apparently. That is the reason. I RARELY use guns. Maybe you can adjust the FOV settings in display options maybe that will help you. Don't know what to tell you man we all fight the same enemies. We all face the same challenges. Some of us are better suited to overcome them. Some of us need more practice. I am a year and some change in so I may have more practice than you. It gets better...stick with it.  

So basically, the 'pro' way to unknown range, no telegraph, instant effect disrupt aura is to be fast.

You can kill a Frost Eximus before it casts Snow Globe, and shoot at Snow Globe to kill it. Similarly with fire and the flame nova, or just running away from Ancient Eximuses as their Auras are the debuff kind. But Shock Eximus is a corpus, so they don't beeline to your location like an Infested. They find cover. Cover that are near entrances. Entrances that you might walk through, or that a tile's layout doesn't afford an alternate path around. 

IMHO what OP wants is to make them more visible, as losing energy in the middle of running away from a mob of Moas simply because your path intersected with the invisible barrier is silly. It's rather challenging to run away while shooting at something behind, and noticing the purple circle around your feet before you're in hugging range of an enemy in the other direction.

Have their Aura project a visible magnetic bubble, add a delay before you get disrupted. Make them fair.

Also extends to those goshdarned Parasitic Eximuses, give that crap a bloody visual range, or reimburse some energy after killing it.

Of course I am paying attention that is how I avoid them. YOU are not paying attention that is why you are often caught apparently. That is the reason. I RARELY use guns. Maybe you can adjust the FOV settings in display options maybe that will help you. Don't know what to tell you man we all fight the same enemies. We all face the same challenges. Some of us are better suited to overcome them. Some of us need more practice. I am a year and some change in so I may have more practice than you. It gets better...stick with it.  

I've been playing for more than a year too.

I have absolutely no problem dealing with the Shock eximus when I can see them.  

Adjusting fov does not help you see through doors and walls or a mountain of enemies or on floors above or below you.

I get what you're saying, I really do. But it's a flawed design.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

U talk about losing energie every few seconds....

If u keep walking the whole time and if u are fast (fast enough to escape or kill them) u will have no problems. If u cant find them fast enough check your equip. 

Examples

Loki = make you immun against auras while u invisible

Nyx (on range build) + Castanas = fast absorb attack with more range than eximus auras

Hydroid = become water and your save against energie absorb

Volt = fast enough to get out of range in under 3sec

and so on

*if u play on a really high lvl its normal that u lose your energie from time to time thats the reason why u can craft energie restores

Yeah, you didn't read it.

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

You've got a couple of seconds to react to an aura that can be put on you by enemies behind walls and doors and on higher levels and behind an army of other enemies that can't be broken through in that time.

It has nothing to do with your loadout and nothing to do with running around.

You shouldn't have to lock yourself into playing a specific frame just to deal with a single poorly designed enemy that spawns randomly.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Every map has many spots where you cant  possibly see whats around a corner, and enemies can spawn out of thin air behind your back or in a place that you v just carpet-bombed with all you pentas and ultimates. Thus you are guaranteed to unexpectedly get energy-drained now and then, and there is nothing you can do, there is no skill involved. It just happens.

Carry energy restores and bind it to a hotkey. Thats the only way you can counter it. 

Edited by Monolake

Yeah, you didn't read it.

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

You've got a couple of seconds to react to an aura that can be put on you by enemies behind walls and doors and on higher levels and behind an army of other enemies that can't be broken through in that time.

It has nothing to do with your loadout and nothing to do with your awareness and nothing to do with how mobile you are.

You shouldn't have to lock yourself into playing a specific type of frame just to deal with a poorly designed enemy that spawns randomly.

Yeah u dont understand it.

You are just not fast enough or u dont know how to protect your self and why do u think we have so many warframes and weapons with different skills??? It´s normal that some equip is better than other one for special mission type.Btw..."Not endless missions" have a eximus spawnrate between 2,5-5%, do you flame because you lose your energie on maybe every 20 run in that u meet a electric eximus??????

If u play endless mission for a long time (example 60min survivial on t4 key) the spawnrate gets higher and higher (at 60min they have a spawnrate of 20%), there u find a electric eximus every 1-2minutes and even if u cry after playing that kind of mission...

I just can say u: If you lose your energie every few seconds, u make something wrong not the game

I think u are one that use always the same frame with the same build with the same weapons for every kind of Missions, and you´re angry because your choise is not the best choice for all different Missions at the same time... Thats all... L2P 

Thats was the last post from me here if u dont understand it yet u will never understand it. 

BB I´m out

[Edit:] ▼ Like i say it he dont understand (i wish he is a german than i will invite him to ts3 to explain what i mean , I hate to type^^ and i hate it more when it´s not in my nativ language...)

Edited by Psycho1848

I wanna tell you to grow a pair but that is rude and unnecessary so I won't. I'd rather encourage you to rethink your opinion and practice against them while assuring you that you will get better with practice.

Your auras and attacks can affect the enemys through the walls too, i see there no problem

During an Interception mission, a Shock Eximus spawned in a room behind me and took out shield/energy/UI before the door even opened. No warning, just scrambled hud and loss of everything that makes playing a Warframe interesting. That is poor design.

It's not about "practice", there is no skill involved. If you mean to imply "Press 4 To Win" is a viable strategy, that does not apply with a Trinity or Nyx or Valkyr or Banshee or Loki.

And thanks for sparing me the "grow a pair" comment, I don't have to respond with "grow a brain".

During an Interception mission, a Shock Eximus spawned in a room behind me and took out shield/energy/UI before the door even opened. No warning, just scrambled hud and loss of everything that makes playing a Warframe interesting. That is poor design.

It's not about "practice", there is no skill involved. If you mean to imply "Press 4 To Win" is a viable strategy, that does not apply with a Trinity or Nyx or Valkyr or Banshee or Loki.

And thanks for sparing me the "grow a pair" comment, I don't have to respond with "grow a brain".

Press four to win is a lazy defeatist strategy. I'd never seriously endorse or employ it. You can however practice observing your surroundings and reacting accordingly. You can also practice blocking and regrouping until you master the first suggestion. So an enemy spawned and did it's job as intended and does it well. Oh dear the supremely Over Powered Tenno have 1or two  enemy types that temporarily negate their powers. I am sure you can adapt. If not you can block while you are affected. Or you can run. Or you can do both. Or you can complain about it. Ether way you have options. Good luck. 

Press four to win is a lazy defeatist strategy. I'd never seriously endorse or employ it. You can however practice observing your surroundings and reacting accordingly. You can also practice blocking and regrouping until you master the first suggestion. So an enemy spawned and did it's job as intended and does it well. Oh dear the supremely Over Powered Tenno have 1or two  enemy types that temporarily negate their powers. I am sure you can adapt. If not you can block while you are affected. Or you can run. Or you can do both. Or you can complain about it. Ether way you have options. Good luck. 

I'm pretty sure we already discussed these points.

Shame. I thought you'd moved away from rudeness. 

I'm pretty sure we already discussed these points.

Shame. I thought you'd moved away from rudeness. 

1. I was neither rude nor obligated to be polite. Just civil. 2. I was not regarded in a civil manner. 3. I believe my strategy is a valid one for the current iteration of enemies. 4. I still believe my opinion is true to my experience. I actively employ the same strategies I promote and am succesful when using them. Especially my suggestion for random near spawning eximi. Blocking and evasion. 

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Mastering the skill of observing one's surrounding and reacting accordingly cannot always save you from the Shock Eximus Magnetic status effect, since it runs on a timer, meaning the Magnetic status effect tick can go just as you enter its radius. 

And besides, that Eximus is a very cheap and lazy attempt to change the player's tactics. 

Mastering the skill of observing one's surrounding and reacting accordingly cannot always save you from the Shock Eximus Magnetic status effect, since it runs on a timer, meaning the Magnetic status effect tick can go just as you enter its radius. 

And besides, that Eximus is a very cheap and lazy attempt to change the player's tactics. 

There is more than one tactic in the post you quoted. I can't save you. You have to save yourself. I am just  giving you some proven tips.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

1. I was neither rude nor obligated to be polite. Just civil. 2. I was not regarded in a civil manner. 3. I believe my strategy is a valid one for the current iteration of enemies. 4. I still believe my opinion is true to my experience. I actively employ the same strategies I promote and am succesful when using them. Especially my suggestion for random near spawning eximi. Blocking and evasion. 

Your suggestions vary between a) dealing with the aftereffects of the debuff, after it happens and b) visual and awareness tactics that do not apply to enemies behind doors, behind walls or on different floors; aspects that, even with multiple posts, you seem to be ignoring.

You act as if the ability to deal with the debuff afterwards means the debuff itself isn't flawed.

What if it instantly killed you instead? Not a problem, right? That wouldn't be flawed, cos you can just revive afterwards.

That's pretty much along the same lines as what you're saying.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

There is more than ome tactic in the post you quoted. I can't save you. You have to save yourself. I am just  giving you some proven tips.

That still does not invalidate the fact that it is: 

1. Rather lazily designed

2. A major problem in Corpus/Corrupted Survival (due to all the mixed auras at the player's feet [meaning it is rather difficult to clearly identify which Eximus's aura radius he/she is in], and as much as he/she can observe, there is always the chance that he/she will miss).

3. Does not fit the name (Shock = Electric. Mag = Magnetic [and I do not care that electric and magnetism is related for this matter])

Because of this, and in extension, all of the Eximus, that is why I think the current Eximus are poorly implemented, and thus why I wrote a thread about reworking the Eximus to make them act like an actual enemy instead of a slightly buffed normal enemies with a hastily placed ability to it. The link for that is in post #25 of this thread, if you like to see it. 

Your suggestions vary between a) dealing with the aftereffects of the debuff, after it happens and b) visual and awareness tactics that do not apply to enemies behind doors, behind walls or on different floors; aspects that, even with multiple posts, you seem to be ignoring.

You act as if the ability to deal with the debuff afterwards means the debuff itself isn't flawed.

What if it instantly killed you instead? Not a problem, right? That wouldn't be flawed, cos you can just revive afterwards.

That's pretty much along the same lines as what you're saying.

An insta-death is hard to counter. Almost impossible. A magnetic proc is not. We have discussed how and why at length. The debuff is not flawed in my opinion. It functions exactly as it should. If it was designed to insta-kill the tactic would be to prioritize the enemy and evade at all costs.

That still does not invalidate the fact that it is: 

1. Rather lazily designed

2. A major problem in Corpus/Corrupted Survival (due to all the mixed auras at the player's feet [meaning it is rather difficult to clearly identify which Eximus's aura radius he/she is in], and as much as he/she can observe, there is always the chance that he/she will miss).

3. Does not fit the name (Shock = Electric. Mag = Magnetic [and I do not care that electric and magnetism is related for this matter])

Because of this, and in extension, all of the Eximus, that is why I think the current Eximus are poorly implemented, and thus why I wrote a thread about reworking the Eximus to make them act like an actual enemy instead of a slightly buffed normal enemies with a hastily placed ability to it. The link for that is in post #25 of this thread, if you like to see it. 

I respectively disagree with your opinions.  I saw the thread. Some of the ideas I agreed with. Others I did not. 

An insta-death is hard to counter. Almost impossible. A magnetic proc is not. We have discussed how and why at length.

Yes, we've discussed that it can be avoided as long as you know where the eximus is.

The fact that half the time you don't and you get punished for not knowing is why it is flawed.

Kill them with fire, nerf them out of the game, etc.

These things ruin my good time in any T4 (except INT and DEF where you can actually see them coming because of the big tile).

I feel like DE added these into the game when we started QQing about Grineer being OP (and they still kind of are, getting pinballed between Shielders, Scorpions, and Heavies is no fun without a mechanic [like an integrated handspring] to break their chain) just to say "It could be worse, look at these tough customers!" along with the immune-to-everything-except-one-thing-you-may-not-have-so-good-luck-finishing-your-defense-wave-Prosecutors.

I wouldn't mind it if these guys worked like Infested Ancients (make them Prod Crewman Eximii) or where they had some unique, targeted effect (that requires line of sight and proximity). Punishment just for being to close to...what? There's nothing to see. Sometimes, you just lose energy. You know that bug where sometimes you'll get shot by thin air (because the enemy isn't dead enough or something)? Works with these guys, too.

+1 to OP, -10000 to everyone who says "get good". I don't get why people argue against a better game (not open to debate, not an opinion).

Edited by Go4tfi5h