Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo... Shock Eximus.

AdunSaveMe

I see these are the new rollers... it's basically a random surprise enemy that depletes your whole energy reserve by simply being near you, you don't even have to be in their line of sight or even get hit by him, just go near within 15 metres and all your energy is instantly gone. We already have an "energy leech" type eximus, so what's the point of adding an enemy like this? (rhetorical question)

I'd much rather see them removed completely... or at least have their energy depletion ability removed. It's incredibly annoying.

But knowing how you guys reacted to all the negative feedback about the rollers, it probably won't happen. Still wouldn't hurt to voice my opinion on it I guess.

And a suggestion on how to make them better, not just "unfun":

They should just suppress power use until they are dealt with. None of this energy drain nonsense. 

Edited by CapricaSix

Ah, hadn't noticed, checked 2 pages and posted. :P looks like a thread worthy of necroing.

Are you sure it's shock sounds like the magnetic ones that have the same effect as getting hit by disruptors if that's what you're talking about I agree

Yep, Life Leech Eximus drains it slowly, Shock Eximus just deplete it by being near you.

Couldn't agree more OP, it's just bad design. Could as well scatter around "instakill spike traps", enemies that steal all your ammo and indiana jones boulders that suck in your revives :P ..lazy, to say the least. They should get "nerfed out of the game" indeed.

Here come all the people who will scold you for wanting to remove all "challenge" from the game.

Is it really such a challenge to lose all your energy for no reason? If you want challenge, you could try playing with nothing but a modless Braton MK1, that'd be the equivalent of adding such lazy enemies. Copy paste old enemies, add a shiny aura and name them Leader A, B, C. I say bleh.

Shock eximus is something else though, you can at least fight or avoid the rest, this guy is useless and all he does is waste your energy instantly. I don't mind anyone liking this sort of thing, I'm just saying I hate it with a burning passion and that's my feedback whether it makes me a "filthy casual" or not :P

Not too shabby and I agree about the part that it doesn't live up to his name. Although all I'm asking is for the energy depletion to be removed, which apparently you did in your suggestion lol, I don't really mind the extras. Good ideas though.

Not too shabby and I agree about the part that it doesn't live up to his name. Although all I'm asking is for the energy depletion to be removed, which apparently you did in your suggestion lol, I don't really mind the extras. Good ideas though.

In my own opinion, most, if not all of the Eximus, really do not add much to the game, except for 'another bullet eating person that happened to have a special power'. That is why I wrote the thread, just so to make the Eximus be significant support troops that will actually challenge players' skills. 

In my own opinion, most, if not all of the Eximus, really do not add much to the game, except for 'another bullet eating person that happened to have a special power'. That is why I wrote the thread, just so to make the Eximus be significant support troops that will actually challenge players' skills. 

Agreed, it feels like DE tried to make some mini-bosses, instead they gave us gimped version of the regular enemies. They should be at least on stalker/zanuka level with their own unique character models for each type and without silly things like insta-energy depletion abilities :/

Those are pain in the @$$ indeed! Why total disruption? Couldn't it be just energy/shiled leech?

I agree that in lategame occasons when the level is overwhelmed with mobs and you scything the way through those and out of the sudden get disrupted and murdered in a fraction of a second - this aint fun at all. Most of the time those butt-holes appear out of nowhere and suck your frame dry making it vulnerable for good 4 seclonds which most of the time enough to die.

Mods may be handy to counter those shift-heads - like some % of shiled and energy that can not be disrupted(low-border).

Agreed, it feels like DE tried to make some mini-bosses, instead they gave us gimped version of the regular enemies. They should be at least on stalker/zanuka level with their own unique character models for each type and without silly things like insta-energy depletion abilities :/

I would not call the current Eximi gimped versions of the regular enemies, but they just feel, for lack of a better word, lacking in power, provided that they were advertised as elite enemies. 

Here come all the people who will scold you for wanting to remove all "challenge" from the game.

Hah, they've already been.

There's always people like that. Anything that affects you negatively is a flawless challenge and you're a noob if you disagree.

Happened in my Arc Trap thread, too.

I would not call the current Eximi gimped versions of the regular enemies, but they just feel, for lack of a better word, lacking in power, provided that they were advertised as elite enemies. 

They really are just kinda lacking, I think.

I think aside from one or two of them, all of them just put an aura on you and nothing else.

One of them slows. One of them deals toxin damage. One of them slowly drains your energy.

I feel like these could actually be more interesting units if they weren't just buffed units with an aura on them.

Because while it's nice to have enemies that differ from the usual horde, I think they could be better as different units entirely, units that don't just walk around putting an aura on you or using the occasional special ability.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I feel like these could actually be more interesting units if they weren't just buffed units with an aura on them.

Because while it's nice to have enemies that differ from the usual horde, I think they could be better as different units entirely, units that don't just walk around putting an aura on you or using the occasional special ability.

Hmhm you just gave me an idea, what if there were no Eximus, but their powers were actually exclusive consumable items for the enemy troops, just like the grenades they love throwing around when you wait long enough. There could be several variables as to how to trigger them, like damage them just enough so they activate that expensive rare snow globe aura they purchased from the Grineer Bazaar in Phobos, or life/energy leech when they're suppressed and in cover. I suppose the grineer commanders could have that fiery explosion thingy as a special ability just like their switch teleport.

And then DE could start working on the real Eximus :P

Edited by CapricaSix

Hmhm you just gave me an idea, what if there were no Eximus, but their powers were actually exclusive consumable items for the enemy troops, just like the grenades they love throwing around when you wait long enough. There could be several variables as to how to trigger them, like damage them just enough so they activate that expensive rare snow globe aura they purchased from the Grineer Bazaar in Phobos, or life/energy leech when they're suppressed and in cover. I suppose the grineer commanders could have that fiery explosion thingy as a special ability just like their switch teleport.

And then DE could start working on the real Eximus :P

That's just kinda nerfing the abilities and putting them on easier-to-kill units, I reckon.

A decent idea, but I'd disagree with it, personally.

Maybe this type of miniboss should pe spawned only for the infested.....

The only enemy type that shoudl have an "aura" like this should be the infested.

The others should have units that shoot magnetic damage, for the same effect.

Edited by nekrojiji

How about this: When you try to use powers against them, it takes that damage and sends it back in a form of a chained lightning strike to YOU instead? This way, you`ll know exactly how to deal with them without being screwed over and not feel like you had no idea what just happened. 

Another great suggestion was massive power inefficiency when they are around, like having -200% power efficiency when a Shock Eximus is nearby. This could work, but the thing is, a single power can kill one of these guys fairly quick. So I think they should buff the defensive properties of the Shock Eximi, along with the other leaders to make them truly formidable opponents.

How about this: When you try to use powers against them, it takes that damage and sends it back in a form of a chained lightning strike to YOU instead? This way, you`ll know exactly how to deal with them without being screwed over and not feel like you had no idea what just happened. 

Another great suggestion was massive power inefficiency when they are around, like having -200% power efficiency when a Shock Eximus is nearby. This could work, but the thing is, a single power can kill one of these guys fairly quick. So I think they should buff the defensive properties of the Shock Eximi, along with the other leaders to make them truly formidable opponents.

I will just quote myself to show you my buff of the Shock Eximus (and the Energy Absorb Eximus, since you wrote down something about taking in the damage of the powers). 

We play in a game where world wide AoE costs only 25 energy when built.

I complained about him when I was playing Nekky because I had no AoE to fight. But then I grabbed my Oberon for actual solo grind instead and bam.

Here's how you deal with him.

Press 4 to CC. Now you have more than enough time to react. He only drains if you go within derp close range. The aura is a WARNING. If you cannot react and still copter around, that's your loss.

1. I was neither rude nor obligated to be polite. Just civil. 2. I was not regarded in a civil manner. 3. I believe my strategy is a valid one for the current iteration of enemies. 4. I still believe my opinion is true to my experience. I actively employ the same strategies I promote and am succesful when using them. Especially my suggestion for random near spawning eximi. Blocking and evasion. 

OH GOD THE SHOCK EXIMUS PURPLE MAGNETIC AURA CAN BE BLOCKED? OH GOD I'VE BEEN WRONG ALL THIS TIME