Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth 2.0?

TheToxicThomas

Since Warframe has been making some new 2.0's like melee 2.0 and rescue 2.0, I think its time for a stealth 2.0. First off, there are a lot of bugs in the current stealth system. The enemies move around in a way not designed for stealth and sometimes its just pure impossible to get past a room stealthily, so it would be great if the stealth AI was redesigned.

Secondly, There should be new stealth mechanics in Warframe like being able to point out enemies, hide bodies, and other things that are in actual stealth games. I also think that there should be a little question mark or something over an enemy's head indicating that they might see you before they just start open firing upon your frame the moment they see you. That would avoid leaving you confused about how you got seen.

For the amount of mods, weapons, and even Warframes dedicated to stealth gameplay, the stealth in the game isn't very good. Anyone else think a stealth update is a good idea?

Stealth 2.0 should never be a thing. And by that I mean it shouldn't be one big update. Like AI, Stealth is something that needs to be worked on in the long term. For it to work properly, you need to handle the enemies, the enemy AI itself, the Warframes and their abilities/stats, movement, the tilesets, and pretty much everything.

A Stealth Update would be great, but it shouldn't be one big update like Mods, Damage, or Melee. It should be an in-depth process.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Stealth 2.0 should never be a thing. And by that I mean it shouldn't be one big update. Like AI, Stealth is something that needs to be worked on in the long term. For it to work properly, you need to handle the enemies, the enemy AI itself, the Warframes and their abilities/stats, movement, the tilesets, and pretty much everything.

A Stealth Update would be great, but it shouldn't be one big update like Mods, Damage, or Melee. It should be an in-depth process.

As much as I'd like a big Stealth update to make it viable and awesome to do? Snake is right. AI needs to be fixed, movement and parkour needs an update in and of itself. Tile-sets would have to be adjusted and everything altered to fit into what we hope a "Stealth 2.0" to be.

People might be upset we don't get a big stealth update but hey....Warframe's come a long way. I bet in a year we'll be able to take a look at the game in it's older state (Update 8/9/10) and laugh about how much as changed

no 2.0. This aint MSG. Its not sneakframe. Its mutherfrakin WARframe. Respect it u wannabe shinobi.

Try to successfully finish Clustril, Phobos with a silent weapon.

You'll have a taste of how magnificent stealth can be in Warframe.

But as others said, we need AI 2.0.

...but I wonder what AI 2.0 is going to do when the game will still be a mass-murder grindfest?

Try to successfully finish Clustril, Phobos with a silent weapon.

You'll have a taste of how magnificent stealth can be in Warframe.

But as others said, we need AI 2.0.

...but I wonder what AI 2.0 is going to do when the game will still be a mass-murder grindfest?

Mass murder and Grind is all WARframe ever had and will have. And you know what. Its fine. Stealth games exist. Dont buy into the whole ninja thing, its a lame catch phrase to entice children to play the game.

Mass murder and Grind is all WARframe ever had and will have. And you know what. Its fine. Stealth games exist. Dont buy into the whole ninja thing, its a lame catch phrase to entice children to play the game.

If I ever make my own game, I wish I can get a planet full players like you so I can stamp out low quality shinies for quick and easy cash as long as I live.

If I ever make my own game, I wish I can get a planet full players like you so I can stamp out low quality shinies for quick and easy cash as long as I live.

You mean players who are not daft enough to cry about stealth in a action game? Sure. We need WAY more of us.

Edited by WARLOCKE

You mean players who are not daft enough to cry about stealth in a action game? Sure. We need WAY more of us.

If Warframe did not have stealth aspects, I'd agree with you. But it does.

And I (along with many others) have seen the potential. Obviously you have no interest in that potential.

If Warframe did not have stealth aspects, I'd agree with you. But it does.

And I (along with many others) have seen the potential. Obviously you have no interest in that potential.

You are right. I dont. But that doesnt change the fact that warframe is a action game. The devs have added a bit of stealth gameplay for those who are intrested, ala you and the OP. And thats ok. Its a MINOR focus to appease a different type of player who is in a minority. But what the OP is asking for is far beyond the scope of a bone being thrown. The game is first and formost a action/pve/co-op game with soloing available. 

Now beyond this fact. As other poster have stated, that far more pressing concerns must be adressed before they even THINK about stealth 2.no. Those things would affect how stealth 2.0 would roll out anyhow. Possibly solving both your concerns and the average players at the same itme.

The thing that gets me, is that people think that because there a FEW features to support a sub-strata game style that the devs need or must expand upon that. Which I and any other sane person would have no problem getting behind. Once the core of the game is working. And with DE's dev speeds, well, dont get your hopes up. I hear they got some pokemon incoming tho. 

So that is my stance, ive tried to limit the level of snark and derpery in the sake of actually having some form of rational explanation for my aformentioned snarky posts.