Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arc Traps

Chrome-hound99

Does anybody else think the arc traps are totally freaking ridiculous? 

I mean it is all good and well to add new things to the game to keep you on your toes but to a point where it drags your shields down INSTANTANEOUSLY and then drags your health down from 1000 to 200. 

I know what ya'll are thinking. Just get away from that ONE arc trap. BUT NO! THEY ARE LITERALLY AROUND EVERY CORNER AND IN EVERY ROOM. IT IS ALMOST LIKE SOMEONE SPILLED THEIR HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ARC TRAPS

GOD F***ING DAMN.

I wouldn't mind as much but they shouldn't be able to hit me while Im invisible that really just makes me think WTH only time I wasn't bothered was when I used rhino's IS but I thonk more than one frame should be able to deal with the traps or two I guess since valkyr has god mode

Does anybody else think the arc traps are totally freaking ridiculous? 

I mean it is all good and well to add new things to the game to keep you on your toes but to a point where it drags your shields down INSTANTANEOUSLY and then drags your health down from 1000 to 200. 

I know what ya'll are thinking. Just get away from that ONE arc trap. BUT NO! THEY ARE LITERALLY AROUND EVERY CORNER AND IN EVERY ROOM. IT IS ALMOST LIKE SOMEONE SPILLED THEIR HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ARC TRAPS

GOD F***ING DAMN.

You know you can destroy them instead of whining right

If you actually stand around in arc traps for them to not only eat whatever shield amount you have PLUS 800 hp, it's not the trap's fault, it's your fault.

Even if you are exaggerating, arc traps don't move. You stand in them, it's literally your fault.

Arc traps should be more like the ray shields from Star Wars episode three. I don't slow down when I trigger an arc trap. I run faster and forget it's there if I'm not coming back that way and even then I usually ignore it. They were put in to try and discourage constant rushing but like many ideas implemented in this game, it was an utter failure. The only time they actually do what they ewe designed to do is when you have three or four stacked onto each other. Every other time they are just a minor annoyance and not worth the attention.

I know they are able to be destroyed but when I am running through all the rooms and enemies so I don't die, the arcs still get to me and eventually drain my shields and health.

Rusher... is anyone else surprised

P.s. they were put in the game because of YOU

Rusher... is anyone else surprised

P.s. they were put in the game because of YOU

Sadly, I have to agree...

The sole purpose DE put those arc trap in game is to prevent rusher, especially rusher who tend to went ahead away from the rest of the team, just like surveillance camera and laser trap door on corpus ship.

The sole purpose DE put those arc trap in game is to prevent rusher, especially rusher who tend to went ahead away from the rest of the team, just like surveillance camera and laser trap door on corpus ship.

And like those they are a minor annoyance that rarely do what they were designed to do.

I wouldn't mind as much but they shouldn't be able to hit me while Im invisible that really just makes me think WTH only time I wasn't bothered was when I used rhino's IS but I thonk more than one frame should be able to deal with the traps or two I guess since valkyr has god mode

it kind of makes sense though. Invisibility only makes it so you cant be seen, while presumably ark traps work using a static field that doesnt need targeting.

Strangely I see these as making people go even faster...

That said, the magnetic doors seem enough and more efficient for that purpose, BTW one kind of trap by level seems enough, more break the flow of the game and make it slow paced wich is not how I see Warframe, but that's just my opinion.

I kinda wish they would turn the quantity down to 1/15, then up the damage by 2.5x. I like traps to feel like traps, and traps are dangerous.

Oh and also set a base level to the traps that scales the damage down with less advanced world and up with more advanced worlds.

Edited by HurpadurpusRex