The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Post from http://www.reddit.com/r/warframe/ 

EDIT: /u/Khuon made a great clarifying point here that "outstanding shares" and "authorized shares" are not the same. To quote, "...even if DE sells all outstanding shares, they can hold the majority of authorised shares in their treasury to keep the controlling amount of shares." However, we don't know the how much DE has in authorized shares so it is uncertain whether it's possible for PWE to become the majority shareholder.

DE you want to go for 30 years or 100 years as being DE? Then listen to us and do not go into PWE. Do not let them touch Warframe! It will be bad if they do. They will destroy your hopes and dreams for this game! Money is not everything. We can continue to support you like we have for all these years in Warframe. Just continue to stay DE. Don't let them touch our Warframes.

The Tenno have spoken!

Insane

Adjective

Not sane, not of sound mind, mentally deranged.

Insanity

Noun

Mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

I don't know, it's kind of close...

Edited by MageMeat

This is the most hilarious thing ever. Look at all these fangirls getting upset. This is glorious. Warframe was doomed from the start but all of you were so blind.

That's like looking at Oculus Rift and smirking at the idea of it actually becoming successful.

For the second time, I firmly believe DE, in their entirety knows how PWE operates and considering this thread, in addition to previous threads knows that the warframe community has many veteran gamers who will not tolerate their influence. I'm sure there is a good reason their not giving an official word but that does not stop the fact their silence is doing a considerable amount of damage to the community itself. They get it, we are just repeating ourselves now but this is a point that needs to be made. The threat of perfect world entertainment gaining any sort of influence in regards to warframe amounts to instantly crossing the godzilla threshold of many concerned party. If that threat is carried out, warframe, as a game along with its community will not survive.

Don't give them an inch, don't give them a postcard, the only correct answer to a zombie on your doorstep is massive head trauma followed by burning.

Nice to see we have some common ground around here.

Well time to jump ship was good while it lasted.  No more money from me if this happens.  Unless the Devs specifically state that PW will have no interference with DE game and no say so at any direction at all.  Also would prefer PW to stay out of any business direction of DE as well let DE hire there own employees don't want PW fooling around with anything that DE does with this game.

Yeah that's harsh but I truly believe DE should have all rights and access to there game and future games.  Meaning any existing or future game will be fully owned by DE.

I really hate this news.

Yup.  But hey, DE gets players to fund, "beta," game, makes lots of money.  PW buys game, DE makes even more money.  With every single thing these days being about money, and zero pride in the actual product, what do you expect?

the catch here is the devs honestly care about the end result of the game, they are the face of DE that we see. so the assumption is (and has been thus far true) that DE cares about the end result of Warframe. im not leaving til i find out for sure one way or another, but every time i think about playing warframe with this... mess looming, i just get depressed.

Warframe has one of the best communities i have seen in ages. i mean seriously, i have alot of fun just chatting while we defend the pod or whatever. and when i think about it in context, its hilarious. here we are killing insane ammounts of infested, corpus, grineer and corrupted... and we are comparing TV shows and comics? that and the promise of more fun things to do has kept my interest...

i trust DE with the game, but i do not trust PW with it. THAT is why im even considering leaving the game. the only reason. i would stay here for good times and bad (oh dear god the bad luck sprees sometimes) out of respect for the game, respect for DE, and love of the community. but i will not do so for Perfect World. tried it before, will NOT try again. learned my lesson with them.