Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Yeah, if this goes ahead, I'd personally like the 600 bux back which I've put into this game. The game that was the dream of DE to make, and that i put faith in them to develop a quality game. Looks like that's out the window.

I'm about 500$ in. DE had a dream, and they're selling out.

After following this thread for a few hours, I've realized that I've never seen a community so devoted before in my life, and it's impressive... Inspiring even.  New pages were being made faster than I could read through them. I felt I needed to make my first forum post here (even though this probably isn't the best place for it).

To start, I'm definitely not a fan of Perfect World. I've tried a few of the games that were branded with their logo, and none of them turned out well. The idea of PW getting their hands on Warframe is extremely worrying.

I'm not quite 100% on what will be happening with this acquisition, why it's happening, when it's happening, or what will come of it. I do want to say that I support DE and Warframe, and after nearly 1,000 ingame hours have loved their work so far.  I don't want to add to the myriad of voices yelling "Abandon Ship!" so instead I'm here to support thread and the community.

Digital Extremes: Please do not let PW ruin what you've worked hard on so far.  You have an amazing community, one that I'm sure would step up to assist you in a time of need (if that happens to be the situation).  

I plan on staying around, until I see evidence of PW forcing the game in the wrong direction.

If that unfortunate day comes ...

wjxM1.jpg

PW will probably release founder items to the void   

Knowing PW , they will give it a  figleaf   minor name change ; the'll call it prime 2.0 or  lost prime , or something 

And PW is not DE  so seems likely 

Edited by Ravel7

Such as, for instance, the fact that nearly the entire playerbase absolutely hates PWE.

That really doesn't enter into something like this...

The only reason DE would enter into something like this is that they either:

Want to be bought.

or

Have to be bought.

Mythic, Cryptic, and Bioware all had to suffer the slings and arrows of player discontent when they got merged/acquired as well...

That didn't change their decision though.

PWE: "Choose you next words carefully DE, they may be your last as King (of free to play)."

DE: ( thinking to itself) "RNG and Corporations..."

(DE unsheathes it's Dragon Nikana and points it at PWE throat)...

PWE: "Madmen...your all Madmen"

DE: "RNG and Corporations, well you'll find plenty of that down there." 

PWE: "No man, Grineer or Corpus, threatens a Messenger!"

DE: "You bring the heads and crowns of conquered company's to my development house! You insult my Lotus. You threaten my Warframes with slavery and death! Oh we've chosen our word carefully PWE...perhaps you should've done the same..."

PWE: " This is Blasphemy this is madness!"

DE: "Madness?..."

[shouting]

DE: "THIS IS WARFRAME!"

that would be cool....

Ok i am going to say this now.

There are a total of 6m players in Warframe

Due to the amount of pages and the amount of post.

(about 20 per page)

I can say that there is a total of atleast 4k people who don't want this to happen.

That is a total of .4 percent of the community. and its growing.

Before you say thats a little, thats not, most of these people are the main ones who spend allot of money on the game.

So even 1% of the community leaving immediently and possibly 10% overtime... it would be a great blow to the game.

AKA Every post matters, keep posting fellow Warframers! The more post the easier it will be to convince the DE THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Edited by Feallike

^This.

Repeating "chill, we don't know yet". is both useless and aggravating. The only thing that could stop the "madness" is an official answer from DE. That's human nature for you.^^

Exactly , this is still in "pending" and I don't think that DE want Warframe to die this year for sure , so calm down , and keep this topic ON(without any cry) until DE respond with an official statement about this situation.

It was in the midst of 5014 that Alad V, then a well-known electrobop beat mixer, made his hit single, Profit Numbs The Feeling, at the loss of his favorite online game, Warframe, which was shut down about two years after the developing company was acquired by Perfect World, also now defunct, along with its' properties.  The single, Alad has since said, was used to "express his feelings of sorrow and loss at the destruction (of) such a great game."  He later went on to say that, before acquirement by Perfect World, it was (sic)"pretty ****ing rad" and (sic)"the bee's knees."