Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

You'd be right letter if it wasn't for:

http://mna.im/segmentview.aspx?ViewModes=6&AcquisitionID=41515

Good Lord the forums are having a meltdown...  

I had a taste of the hyper micro transactions thing yesterday when I installed Warface.  Where you basically play in game to get $ to use weapons/cosmetics for 7-14 days at a time or buy "kredits" which is similar to platinum to get cooler weapons/cosmetics for 7-14 days at a time as well.  I was at odds with this whole thing and it made me appreciate the system that's in place for Warframe right now.  I really hope our weapons don't decay or that if we don't keep paying our gear will disappear.

As a Grand Master (I've rarely ever pulled the Grand Master Card here in these forums) I believed in Warframe early on and really thought DE's practices for F2P were completely fair.  I loved the fact that I could still farm all of my weapons/warframes in game, without actually having to buy anything beyond inventory slots.

I really hope DE doesn't turn this game into something like Warface or Blacklight Retribution (which is completely dead on PS4 btw.) with a ton of micro-transactions which expire.  Boosters are ok, but weapons/cosmetics rentals....  No thanks.

Edited by sushidubya

Just going to say this, please do not merge with this abomination of a company. It will only end you, I should know since I played Champions Online (A game they've killed.) and STO (They killed it quick). They want the development team for its own projects and will put the game on life support. They only care about money and will give us gambling to keep us stable.

And that is exactly what PW is trying to do, buy stocks from DE. (I read the "evidence" presented)

IDK what are stocks in the game business but I'm really scared now.

My brain slow, no sleep, sorry. It's shares. They bought shares. We do not know how many, but while the news is disappointing, it's largely none of our business because it's Business stuff. And...well, it's business stuff.

Would you want me to figure out whether or not you kill babies and eat their corpses? No, you would not.

Let's try to calm down guys. Remember Schrodinger's Cat. Schrodinger's Cat is both dead and alive inside the box until the box is opened and find out which of the two is correct. There is no way to know unless you check. Warframe's both dead and alive until the Devs tells us what the frack is really happening. There is no way to know until the Devs confirm or deny this. There's still hope.

No way old Schrodie was calm while his cat was in the lifey death box. If he was it is possible he was a jerk face cuz cats are cool. Also I'd like to see if my 15k post prediction is apt. Also the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence but an official DE staff response is evidently absent. Therefore...15k is likely. (Jokes. your defiitely right)

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

I'l quit warframe in a heartbeat.

I have been telling everyone I know that warframe is awesome since it came to ps4. it's my favorite ps4 game so far. 300+ hours into the game in a short time.  every reddit post "what should I get for ps4" I answer "warframe, it's free to play but not pay to win and awesome!"

I played PWI because of my (at the time) girlfriend. I saw potential but every turn was cash shop BS.   no thanks. 

please, Do NOT let this happen.

so, doing some digging.

PWE and this "Sumpo foods" crap bought basically a majority of available stock in DE, not the company directly

However, as has been mentioned, this is basically the foot in the door towards convincing a sell/purchase agreement

Why the heck a self-proclaimed chicken production leader would team with an F2P game crapony to buy shares in another F2P dev is super off-kilter

Going to do some more digging on these goofballs.

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Exactly. It really depends on how many shares DE is selling and how many PWE is buying.

While I don't agree with this whole thing with PWE, saying stuff like this crosses the line.

To be fair, natural selection will do it anyway, business plans like PWE's aren't really beneficial, not even to themselves. :v (too much opium in those offices)

I wish I could upvote this but I have no more left this day. ;__: Thank you Letter13. -clings on to because of the trauma-

But If this really happens...

WE REVOLT.

the revolt is already begining they need 2 get a handle on this ASAP and by that I mean confirm that this is not happening

No Backing up PWE In any form or fashion crosses the line

Just to clarify, I don't care about what happens to the company itself; it's just when people start wanting others dead is when I have to think 'Whoa, there.' And sadly those type of replies do crop up from time to time.

Re-reading what was said, he probably didn't mean it on a personal level, just a business one.

[still waiting anxiously for some official word on the subject]

It just makes me upset that people are already starting to leave because of this situation; founders too. DE doesn't want this transaction to have occurred either. It was the shareholders' decision to sell Digital Extremes to Perfect World. The developers sure as hell do not want to pollute their game, their crowning achievement, with Perfect World's lottery type systems. Have faith in DE that they will do everything they can to prevent interference of Perfect World into Warframe. For now the deal is said and done, and there's no reason to be panicking anymore. I love this game and will continue to support it because I know the developers won't let these changes happen.

I really hope so.