Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Thanks for trying to maintain peace, Letter13, but I think at this point, nothing short of an official answer bringing good news will do any good...

You'd be right letter if it wasn't for:

http://mna.im/segmentview.aspx?ViewModes=6&AcquisitionID=41515

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

That site is jumping to conclusions.

My brain slow, no sleep, sorry. It's shares. They bought shares. We do not know how many, but while the news is disappointing, it's largely none of our business because it's Business stuff. And...well, it's business stuff.

Would you want me to figure out whether or not you kill babies and eat their corpses? No, you would not.

All the stock holders for DE sold it to PW and i mean all.

S

Well, DE, you wanted to be free from publishers or other authorities to make Warframe, the game you wanted to do. This was the story which brought the ten no back from their cryosleep. Now you'll become worst than Alad V, you are selling us out.

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

Well the Problem is that if this wasn't true DE would have defintily said it by now. Why would they let a false information float around like this if it is bad for buisness and is bringing so much rage to their playerbase? They wouldn't.

And noone can say that noone from DE saw this thread as they have been seen numerous times already and Rebecca also answerd here.

So we can be pretty sure that this information is correct. Its very upsetting but that is how it seems right now.

well this is the first post i read, that makes clarity...

This feels like a bad dream.

If this is true, I'm done with Warframe.

DE is one of the best F2P devs out there next to Riot. PW is one of the worst near the bottom next to Nexon. I've played PW's games before and I know how they run them into the ground.

R.I.P Warframe. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Yinkuji

Quoting this for all the people who think warframe got omae wa mou shindeiru'd

Got to love moderator that try to deflat this (News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence)they could have squash this be now saying it a lie or giving us answers but no where still waiting seem like there some truth to it....

All the stock holders for DE sold it to PW and i mean all.

We have no evidence supporting that. "Outstanding shares" constitutes the unrestricted and floating shares. DE has control over what % of their shares are unrestricted, meaning DE could still hold 95% of shares and PWE may be allowed to purchase the released 5%.

OMG if you go to the "GAMES" option up left you will see that there is an empty spot...OH MY GOD!!!

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!! WHY DO THEY DO THIS WHY

(no but really, the empty space has been there for a long time.)

And similarly, we can at least educate ourselves a bit. To expand on this:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/030703.asp

Source: http://iportal.infocastfn.com/citiccapital_portal/nws/nws_p.asp?LangId=1&LNwsId=2293206

As someone who played STO both before and after PW purchased Cryptic, I feel I have to voice my concern over this acquisition. Warframe is a game with a huge amount of potential, and having PW pulling their strings behind the scenes is a surefire way to destroy that potential.

I'm not sure that there's anything you (DE) could do at this point, but I would applaud any efforts made to stop this from happening. Even self-sabotoge to make the company seem less desirable is not out of the question.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with PW, acquisition by them will dramatically shift development away from new gameplay content. Instead, expect development to focus on a plethora of obnoxious, obtrusive lockbox and other lottery-type systems)

EDIT (for those looking for a more legitimate source, this is the stock exchange release):

EDIT 2: For those of you still in doubt whether or not this is real, more links:

Bloomberg's Businessweek company profile which lists DE as starting a "merger/acquistion" on June 30th: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=52344383

aastock's (Hong Kong Financial News website) listing: http://www.aastocks.com/en/News/HK6/61/NOW.612668.html

4traders (Global Stock Exchange website) listing: http://www.4-traders.com/SUMPO-FOOD-HOLDINGS-LTD-7166883/news/Sumpo-Food---Perfect-World-to-invest-in-Digital-Extremes-18661957/

And from this, I am sure everyone will quit if it happens.

Turn warframe from F2P to a Pay to Win (Like they always did.)