Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Fk no.....we cannot allow this disaster happen. I have spent too much time in warframe and i WON'T let it be ruined by PW. If PW gets their hands on Warframe say goodbye to cool ninja stuff, futuristic robots, infested motherF$%#^&* mutants, GORE, and mainly THE TENNO. we will have some BS as wings and S#&$. fairies fliyng around. HELL NO!!!!

Do any of you remember the Founders program what they said it was intended for  well if they did sell shares that give pwe a controling direction of warframe then we DO have LEGAL recource to seek remedy for Deceptive solicitation of monetary interests wether win or not is another story but we will have legal recource 

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Some of us simply can't remain silent when DE is going to do something that's possible to ruin our game experience. And if DE does not oppose PWE's own f2p policy, no matter how much stock PWE acquire at first, they can take over the company eventually.

This feels like a bad dream.

If this is true, I'm done with Warframe.

DE is one of the best F2P devs out there next to Riot. PW is one of the worst near the bottom next to Nexon. I've played PW's games before and I know how they run them into the ground.

R.I.P Warframe. It was fun while it lasted.

KOG is better then riot and alot of others to

Edited by SarahApple

All the stock holders for DE sold it to PW and i mean all.

...no, that's just ridiculous. They'd want to keep their stock as well. Do you have a precise amount for the percentage of shares that PWE currently owns, and if you say All, I will punch in the &#! because that's a dumb @(*()$ answer. They have outstanding shares. Which we don't know how many of those there were.

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

That site is jumping to conclusions.

Yeah that's cool but we want an actual response from DE, not a guy who does it for free :^)

Edited by paplo

This thread is not about what PWE is or is not doing specificly with DE or Warframe, it is about how PWE is reguarded as toxic and repulsive by the majority of the community. With their experiences in the past, I'd imagine the developers know full well what will happen to their project if perfect world gets a foothold but their clearly not the ones in the driver seat right now otherwise we would be seeing a strongly toned denial. If the deal goes through, we can expect some staff changes along with a swift gutting of the game's playerbase. That much is perfectly clear.

Well the Problem is that if this wasn't true DE would have defintily said it by now.

Not necessarily. PR like this takes time. Even if you're really on the ball with it, official statements take time to come out.

Obviously faster is better to help shape the narrative, but there's limits to how fast you can make statements, and ultimately the internet is always faster.

We have no evidence supporting that. "Outstanding shares" constitutes the unrestricted and floating shares. DE has control over what % of their shares are unrestricted, meaning DE could still hold 95% of shares and PWE may be allowed to purchase the released 5%.

No offense, but you're going to look and feel really, really stupid when it comes to light that it *is* an acquisition, and you're trying to damage control for the company that hasn't even decided to respond yet.

EA isn't that bad - outside of their F2P2W games, their "premium" developers usually crank out great games and original IPs all the time and those games receive some good support, no matter how broken they are at launch. (Yes, they have killed studios and whatnot too.)

PW buys good devs, then shuts their games down and then shuts them down too. EA at least tries to cash in on their IPs unlike PW.

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

That site is jumping to conclusions.

Look, try to get back to reality. Unless there is major stake that allows PWE to control DE they wouldn't care to buy free floating stocks to have 5% share. It's just ridiculous to think about. 

Edited by phetaduck

Lockbox super-frames anyone?

If this is real and not a hoax, I'm jumping ship to something like War thunder. I joined STO right after the PWE takeover, and watched the game slowly deteriorate into a cash grab (Game breaking ship pack for $50 anyone?). I'm not watching it happen to Warframe too.

If this is fake, I will donate all my argon to the 'Save the endangered Stalker' nonprofit organization. 

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

You are completely correct. I've told people to remain calm, and I'm trying to stay calm, but I soon will crack soon and succumb to the madness. You may have delayed that, so thank you.

*edited so I sound less like a crazy person*

Edited by Darkjackal_2031