Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

That site is jumping to conclusions.

And the moment people get a confirmation that PWE isn't doing more than buying stocks, people will stop jumping to conclusions. That's all there is to it.

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Illuminati.

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

Apparently PWE's reputation justifies the panic at the prospect of them having some influence in Warframe.

Were this about Steam purchasing stocks in DE, this thread would be about hats and people being glad that update 3 was already out of the way.

Look, try to get back to reality. Unless there is major stake that allows PWE to control DE they wouldn't care to buy free floating stocks to have 5% share. It's just ridiculous to think about. 

Yeah for a F2P beast like PW to go after DE would mean it might be 60% stocks

(still worried but calmer thanks to Letter)

It's funny, two days ago people were going on about how kubrows were dumb and the game should be fixed. 'GG DE you know what's important. Shiny > balance'. And now, with this news, everyone is coming out of the woodworks pleading with them to not let PWE touch anything Warframe related. It's good to see the community come together in favor of DE for once.

Sadly it had to be like this. We all need to breathe people, wait for Rebecca to find out more and come back to us. For all we know PWE might buy 1% of the shares for 2 million dollars and we'll suddenly have dedicated servers. On the otherhand we could have lockbox P2W tactics that choke all the fun out of the game. Point is:

We don't know.

Relax. Updates will come.

This is terrible news. I don't know what level of control, if any, DE's developers have over this, but at the very least there should be a kickstarter campaign, or SOMETHING, to allow players to contribute to convince the shareholders they're worse off under PW. Allow us, the players, to speak with our wallets against this. In all seriousness, I would pay 100 dollars to stop this from happening. Perhaps more. Does anyone know what the allocation of power would/might be in Digital Extremes, and how the shareholders, if they are the decision makers, could be contacted directly?

Warframe had a kick starter campaign, It's called founders program. My wallet has spoken Several times, Why need it to speak more When it should alrrady speak for itself?

My Masters plus my 2 Access Primes purchases aren't worthy enough?

This is some serious BULLS#&$ of an excuse if DE isn't making enough.

well tencent isn't perfect either, as soon as tencent took over the following happend:

- reduced ip gains

- no more champion releases at 3150, then no more at 4800 and all 6300 ip and NOW even 7200 ip in the 1st week

- skins that cost 1350 ip

tencent is far from perfect

tencent also bought the company that made robot rising, which was what i was playing before warframe before they shut it down due to incompetence/intentional sabotage

i am tired of this S#&$

Edited by weirdee

You are completely correct. I've told people to remain calm, and I'm trying to stay calm, but something inside me is just getting wound up tighter and tighter...I think I'm going to crack soon.

For people getting stressed out about all the drama : take a break. There is literally nothing that will stop the complaining at this point. Leave it to the mods to handle this. (I've got my own opinions on this but for the sake of people's sanity I'm going to remain objective right now.)

I hope so. Not going to say anything else till Digital Extremes will actually comment this situation then. Thanks.