Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

We have no evidence supporting that. "Outstanding shares" constitutes the unrestricted and floating shares. DE has control over what % of their shares are unrestricted, meaning DE could still hold 95% of shares and PWE may be allowed to purchase the released 5%.

Anyone seen this: http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/sehk/2014/0630/LTN20140630367.pdf

> and the shareholders (the “Vendors”) of Digital Extremes Ltd.

> the Purchasers intend to purchase, and Vendors intend to sell, all the outstanding shares of Digital Extremes

> It is expected that, if materialized, the Proposed Investment will constitute a notifiable transaction under 
the Listing Rules

> As at the date of this announcement, the entire issued share capital of Digital Extremes is owned by the  Vendors. To the best of the Directors’ knowledge, information and belief having made all reasonable enquiry, Digital Extremes and the Vendors are third parties independent of the Company and its connected persons.

This indicates that the people being dealt with are _all_ the shareholders meaning that "outstanding" can and most likely does mean all the shares.

That said this is dated:

> Hong Kong, 30th June 2014

With the caveat

> For a period of forty days from the date of 
the Term Sheet

So it looks like its not a done deal yet.

you can get all the money you put in this game back right? if PW buys it, and they take over the development of the game, its going to ruind, so hard and bad that warframe DE themself would be ashamed of once having the game in their history.

"No offense" doesn't make it less offensive, and anyway what's wrong with him giving us a lesson in stocks to calm us down? What happens if you're wrong and we call you out instead?

If situations like this one have taught me anything, it's to always to assume the worst. That way you can either be pleasantly surprised, or depressed and accepting of the bad news. PWE has done this exact same thing before, and all the optimists are twisting words and arguing semantics in a vain hope to stem the upset tide.

It doesn't work.

Let's just try to calm down ourselves shall we? Let's just try not to freak out, and play some Infested Defense Missions, so we can chill out and relax for a bit, this is frustrating news, yes, I know, but what will we get if paranoia sets in the forum and in-game?!, Nothing, just nervebreaking thoughts, and sadness. DE gave us everything. They created this game. They are the ones who every single week post new weapons, warframes, and accesories. They love the game as much as we do, or more. Can we be moral about this situation and hope for the best that this will not shatter the game into pieces?. I love Warframe.

Seems to me, that silence on DE's part is confirmation. I hate to say it, but there it is. 

No. Not really. PR takes time even for skilled PR managers. Faster is better, of course, but the internet moves faster than it's really possible to match. Rebecca isn't going to say it's not happening when it really is or that it is happening when it really isn't. She needs to get the information squared away before she makes a statement.

Yeah PW will give the cold mods but you have to pay 50 plat each.

Close but no cigar, you have to farm for 50 hours for a chest that has a 0.00000000.5% chance to give you a mod, then you have to pay an additional 600 plat to unlock the chest, RNG based of course, or you could just pay 50 dollars for the mod directly. Great fun PWE will give us....

*Cries*

"non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of" does NOT mean acquisition. It means the purchase of all unrestricted/floating shares. DE has control over how many shares of itself it releases. They can make only 5% purchasable, leaving the remaining 95% in their hands.

That site is jumping to conclusions.

I'm gonna level with you. We're talking about PWE here. PWE, F2P MMO behemoth. Lots of money rolling around here.

Do you really think that they'd bother with buying 5% of DE's stocks? Do you think that they're some sort of philanthropic business enterprise that supports promising titles?

LOOK AT THEIR TRACK RECORD.

There's a difference between jumping to conclusions randomly and arriving at a logically deduced conclusion. Sure, there's no hard evidence of the deal being finalized yet, but that doesn't mean people who are assuming the worst are likely to be far off-point.

So does anyone want to help me learn to play league while we wait for a response from DE? im on eu west just so you know :P only level 10 and dont play much so would be nice if someone whos seasoned playing league could help ^_^

Let's just try to calm down ourselves shall we? Let's just try not to freak out, and play some Infested Defense Missions, so we can chill out and relax for a bit, this is frustrating news, yes, I know, but what will we get if paranoia sets in the forum and in-game?!, Nothing, just nervebreaking thoughts, and sadness. DE gave us everything. They created this game. They are the ones who every single week post new weapons, warframes, and accesories. They love the game as much as we do, or more. Can we be moral about this situation and hope for the best that this will not shatter the game into pieces?. I love Warframe.

Not once has PW has a game work out it's always P2W and dies slowly.