Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

DE, I have to say, I'm honestly concerned over this unfortunate development. I've read a number of the replies to this thread, and this is something rather unique, there is not ONE player that agrees with this decision. Not one.

Now, Warframe is the only free-to-play game I've invested my money in, and I do not regret it. Because the game has been generous, you aren't required to buy plats to enjoy the game, and let alone win! Which is the polar opposite of games engineered by PWE. I don't think I have to educate anyone on the history of what PWE's involvement has done to any said games community. Its a rather notorious name, known to us all.

Anyway, I would assume that they are offering to buy the shares for a competitive price (why else team with Sumpo Food Ltd). I doubt that the developers are shareholders either. 

Though I do believe it might not happen. After all, consider this, before any merger/acquisition, due investigation and analyses are done. It takes no genius to figure out Warframe is a good future investment. Look how the game is growing. And PWE's past involvement has only shown deterioration, more so than anything else at least. It also takes no genius to figure out that at least half of the player base would leave this game for good if PWE gets their hands on it. majority of them old time players who have stuck since closed beta. And you'll be left with new players, who won't know the golden days of Warfarme, and will possibly grow weary of PWE's lottery and all that, whatever it is. And, if this game were to be left as it is, it will draw towards itself, more dedicated players, and will also satisfy the existing player base (not to mention, if the acquisition doesn't take place, you guys come out as heroes to us!). Its a business deal, I don't think the shareholders will sell knowing what this game will earn them a few years from now.

So, don't lose hope fellow tenno! Its always darkest before the dawn!

PS- I demand a refund on my invested time and money if those losers over at PWE take over, Thank you ^_^.

When are we going to know about this move, for sure? I already gave DE a good amount of money, in the hundreds and played hundreds of hours because the game is fun and they are always bringing new content.

I like Warframe for what it is but I do not like the direction it will take with PW, just going by reputation.

I know it sucks but the second I see a PW logo next to the Warframe logo is the second I will hit uninstall and move on to other things.

Forget about all the money and all the time invested- its already gonne.

For now I will not give DE 1 more cent- let's keep it free to play.

Edited by (PS4)Aurvid

As a major Warframe player, as someone who takes part in this game seriously, (just not the forums) this is a VERY bad idea. I know that DE doesn't have any control of the stock holders, and if the stock holders sell their stocks to PwE, but at this point, I'm willing to buy 51% of stock from DE just so this game can continue.

I have spent money on this game, which I have NEVER done with a game before. I have spent more hours on this game then I have outside my house. I have made more friends here than I have in real life. This game is something that I have evolved with, and as soon as the deal is made with PwE, I will not, EVER be on this game again, and neither will 99% of the people in this topic. DE will have had a game that had a wonderful fan-base, amazing players, and thousands people in general, which will morph into PwE having none of that, only a couple of hundred players that complain on a daily basis and spending $5 on ammo for your weapon every mission. (Soma users goodbye!)

This is a BAD, HORRIBLE idea DE, which if you have ANY say in it, please think about US, the players, the people who have spent money on this game. I want to continue this "Play for Free" game, not "Pay to Win." Please deny them if you can. 

Completely agree 

All I want is a virtual picket sign in the form of a waving flag sticking out of my warframes' back saying "PWE go away!"  I would log in and wear it until this whole thing is over.

You can repost this 

HNup2L8.png

Edited by Sixty5

PWE is even worse then EA,they would be the worst company of the decade,if not of the century,i hope  they wont buy stocks from DE,if they manage it  then slowly will buy out warframe like STO and it will be ruined,i hope this wont happen,pls DE dont let them,fight againts them,they are like parasites sucking the blood of the living,and no we  cant remain calm in the face of this iminent  danger

I don't even go on the forums much, but I feel that everyone should put their voice in for this. Being bought by PW is going to have severe negative repercussions on the playerbase, even the more casual tenno who don't hang out in the forums will feel the fires once 'Lotus brand RNG loot caskets' start taking over the market as our only means of getting new phat loots.

This whole issue got me thinking about the old days. I remember signing up on the first day of open beta; I chose Excalibur and my two friends chose Volt and Loki, we fought our way to vor with our poorly coloured warframes rocking starting gear, my not-quite-reddish-brown and plaque-bleach-white-ish excalibur. I remember our terrible first attempt which boiled down to 15 minutes of hacking away with skanas. I remember the days of 'OP hek shotgun' and when snipetron was still on the market (still have that blueprint for safe-keeps). It all seemed like years ago. Heck, the dojo still has its old clan hall and cross-connectors.

But now PW seeks to turn what we love into 'Corpus client simulator 2014 (now with real money transactions!)'. Damn the corporate world.

Edit: Man, the last time I saw something this big on a gaming forum was during the whole Mass Effect 3 ending controversy.

Edited by Kaisnan

NOTE:

Our digital certificate has been renewed and players may notice the name change from “Digital Extremes” to “Digital Extremes Ltd.”

They've been preparing for this for a while now. It's not Happening. It's already Happened.

Hope. That's the point. As long as we're still here we still have a chance. And that's why we're going to keep fighting. For...*

YBPDfqj.jpg

I've always respected DE(L) for what they've done so far. They made one of the best (if not the best!) Free to Play game currenlty available in Steam (and on the internet). I'm here since the second half of U11 (I joined a few days before Cicero Crisis ended) and I've already played over 660 hour according to Steam. I really like the fact you update your game quite frequent and in general I also like the mechanics of the game.
(Bugs an other annoying things are there but you work hard to handle the problems and it is cool to know that you hotfix them almost every week).

And because all of these things I don't want to see Warframe ruined. And I'm sure every player agrees with this statement in the community. From all that I saw on this forum I can say that you, DE team have always wanted to hear our point of view. Then please, hear the voice of all players! Don't let Pefect World ruin the universe of Warframe!

Thank you for reading my post!

*I'm curious about who will find out first where is this quote from

P.S.: Sorry if I made some mistakes in my sentences.