Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

(still worried but calmer thanks to Letter)

It's funny, two days ago people were going on about how kubrows were dumb and the game should be fixed. 'GG DE you know what's important. Shiny > balance'. And now, with this news, everyone is coming out of the woodworks pleading with them to not let PWE touch anything Warframe related. It's good to see the community come together in favor of DE for once.

Sadly it had to be like this. We all need to breathe people, wait for Rebecca to find out more and come back to us. For all we know PWE might buy 1% of the shares for 2 million dollars and we'll suddenly have dedicated servers. On the otherhand we could have lockbox P2W tactics that choke all the fun out of the game. Point is:

We don't know.

Relax. Updates will come.

well he might be right, but Threadnaught Prime is hard to control, when he  is actually released...

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

you know just as much as we do and we wont stand for this i have spent alot of money more than some people make in 4 months of good pay and i have more and i assure you i am willing to spend every dollar i have to bring this to litigation for my moneys sake and for the fact de asked for OUR money as a funding source with the implied promise it would be independent development

please guys tweet it. instagram it, fb it. spread it around like a bad germ and make sure to get as much people to sign it. PW will be the end of Warframe as we know. 

This will be so bad all the tenno will run back into their cryo pods and tell the grineer and corpus, "TAKE ME!!"

srsly. this cant happen.

I'm gonna level with you. We're talking about PWE here. PWE, F2P MMO behemoth. Lots of money rolling around here.

Do you really think that they'd bother with buying 5% of DE's stocks? Do you think that they're some sort of philanthropic business enterprise that supports promising titles?

LOOK AT THEIR TRACK RECORD.

There's a difference between jumping to conclusions randomly and arriving at a logically deduced conclusion. Sure, there's no hard evidence of the deal being finalized yet, but that doesn't mean people who are assuming the worst are likely to be far off-point.

^This. Like PWE would settle for 5% when they can buy a lot more and gain a foothold in Next-gen platforms? They're devious bastards, remember? Not morons. Unfortunately...

Now I'm not saying it's carved in stone, but there is enough to worry at least a bit.^^'

got to love this community. All united to vanquish a single enemy of every F2P game.

Exactly!

I love how people react to these things. We are fighting like white blood cells attack infection. Good immune system is always important to you. We are the immune system for DE at this time. :)

We recognize Perfect World as the threat (of course not intentionally) and we are fighting for the freedom of DE. I hope we will succeed. We MUST! I really like this game.

DE, I post these sentiments with all sincerity.

I congratulate you on your success.  You've done so well that you've attracted the attention of Big Fish, and that's a tribute to how good a job you did building and evolving Warframe.  I think in many ways, you have achieved the dream you set out to create with Dark Sectors but were prevented from going forward with.  Your vision was true, and you were right about what you thought people wanted.  WF is not without it's flaws, but that's par for the course.  It's still well above most other FTP games, and that's all because of your people.

But that said, I'm saddened that your new owners will, IMHO, take steps that may well lead to the destruction of the good things you've created.  I fear for what Warframe could become under the new leadership, which will almost certainly be done under the banner of "making the game even better!"  I suspect and anticipate that, while the names may be different, these are the same empty suits that shot you down ten or fifteen years ago with Dark Sectors.

I've played PW games, and I set them aside because I didn't care for their corporate policies, and because Warframe was much more fun to play.  I also VERY MUCH enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) the interaction with the people at DE (there really isn't anyone with which to interact at PW.)  Now I'm afraid I'll be setting aside WF-PW for some other game that I'll like better than what WF-PW will be changed into.  I won't get to see Steve & Scott & Sheldon making decisions; I might get to see them being forced to toe the corporate line.  I won't get to read Redtext's humor, I'll get sterile notices on the website of occasional updates.  I won't get to see Rebecca going to bat for players, I'll see gentle explanations directed at a faceless, generic player from an Empty Dress regarding why WF-PW isn't going to be making any changes to the decisions being made by Empty Suits.

At 160 pages in, I don't expect this will get read by anyone.  But that's okay, I feel like I'm writing a pre-euology, and that's not really a happy thing anyway.  Perhaps I'm over-reacting.  For my part, I don't usually come away from interactions with large corporations happy about what transpired.  Maybe this time will be different.

But I, and apparently many, many others with similar experiences.........don't think so.

This thread is exploding. I want to be a part of this thread.

I sincerely hope DE holds onto itself.

It would be a shame if they picked themselves off the cold hard ground to create this dream of theirs just to sell out to PWE.

Guys plz stop this panic! This is doing nothing is really just wasting our time and making it harder for those that haven't even read this thread to read it! I mean having to read 168 pages? Dang! We just need to calm down and wait. Why not read that book? Catch up on that show? Play another game for a bit? I'm gonna play Minecraft for a bit! I think we should calm down, here's a cute pig family lookie!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://prithvitheprime.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/134396146059133c_l.png%3Fw%3D640

Yay!

Edited by omagawolf

This is something that's concerning a lot of the fanbase. Warframe selling out to PWE could potentially ruin the game. PWE stands for Perfect World Entertainment. Things would most likely become more expensive, the game would definitely be pay to win and I wouldn't be surprised if we would only be able to purchase items that come with a timer unless we spend platinum to keep it forever. I, as a fan of the game, and as a consumer, do not want this happening. 

https://www.change.org/petitions/digital-extremes-ltd-not-to-sellout-to-perfect-world-entertainment/sponsors/new

Up above is the link to the petition. If you care about Warframe and keeping it consumer friendly, then do sign this.

Edited by (PS4)Dark_Inferno8