Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

EDIT: That "Benefits" thread got merged it seems.

Might as well say what I gotta say.

This frightens me greatly and I don’t know what to think about it until the devs speak up about it. Rebecca already replied to the giga-threadgoing on right now (which if you have any love for this game you will go support right now), and it’s only a matter of time before (hopefully) Steve gives us info on what’s going on/what’s going to happen.

I do not like PWE, and I as well as anyone else who plays video games can tell you that they are a toxic company that outright kills games with Pay2Win gambling paywall ludicrous nonsense (with other companies like OOO even being ‘inspired’ by them). Warframe is my favourite game and I don’t want to see it die because of PWE’s horrendous business model. I can guarantee you 70% of players will drop this game right now if PWE has any say in development or features. If they’re simply funding it and getting a profit from it then so be it, but if they insert their horrible practices into Warframe, the game will die and become unplayable.

For now we can only hope that DE will stick to their word of spearheading this entire operation from day 1, and continue creating the game THEY envisioned, with us right behind them. 

Edited by Diarist

At this point, the best case scenario would be if DE said "Yes, they bought our outstanding shares to help us out, in exchange we just advertise their games, they get a little cut, but we GUARANTEE that PWE does not have any form of creative control over the IP "Warframe", none whatsoever."

Then people can merrily go back to farming Loki Prime parts for the plats. :v

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

facepalm.jpg

You do understand that this is like shooting DE dead just to not let it be 'maybe' bought?

Emphasis on 'maybe'. Or you do know all important details of this deal? Please share then.

Edited by Khranitel

I have only played one title from PW; Blacklight: Retribution. I can't make any statements about PW's business model, but from what I've read thus far, I don't like it.

DE, you wanted to make Warframe years ago and it turned into something else. Don't sell out to these people. The future is getting dimmer by the moment.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

CHANGES:

Revised default position on Venka Tenno Claws.

Leaderboards for Breeding Grounds event have been archived and clan rewards are currently in the smelter.

FIXES:

Fixed issue with primary color tint on Valkyr’s Kara helmet.

Fixed the "WAS: 100 NOW: 75" discount text item not showing up in the detailed panel of the store.

Fixed multiple issues related to tinting default and Immortal skins.

Fixed emblem offsets on Ember Prime.

Fixed attached avatars not actually getting destroyed in the parent destruction process.

Fixed exterminate accounting for agents that spawn other agents (eg infested drone with crawler).

Fixed drones getting stuck recovering to nav and behaviors re-triggering constantly.

NOTE:

Our digital certificate has been renewed and players may notice the name change from “Digital Extremes” to “Digital Extremes Ltd.”

This was done at the very least weeks ago. They knew and kept silent.