Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Given the speed at which conflictual situations can appear, shorthanding to the assumption of the worst is not an unreasonable call. However, with this particular case, Warframe would not be seeing damaging effects for at least 1 month by terms of the press release, and longer by terms of how long it would take to develop and implement the 'toxic' influences of PWE. In that there is sufficient time, the more prudent course of action is not to assume the worst and act on it, but merely to prepare until the receipt of more information on which to further prepare and eventually act.

I love every one of you. (PS4)s, I love you. Non-Founders, I love you. Founders, I love you. Devs, Admins, Mods, I love you. Lurkers, speakers, comedians, prophets, Tenno---

Thank you. Your calm is impressive and infectious in the best way.

*facepalm* 

OF COURSE! This is why UGC will no longer be useable for plat purchases, because PWE doesn't allow the use of UGC on any of their games. 

DE has been preparing for this for a while now and just tried to keep it a secret so that we wouldn't abandon ship before the buyout took place.

http://www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes/the-ultimate-game-card-retiring-september-30-3965

I don't think that's the case, actually.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

They're going for good.

I seriously hope that this is all just overblown hype, but I agree with those of you saying it doesn't make sense to buy less than a controlling share of the stocks.

Hopefully we can get some answers soon. I just started playing this game but I'm really enjoying it.

"...We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either."

-Letter13 (COMMUNITY MODERATOR)

Ahhh ok thanks

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

This is the truth. I made the petition just as another way to let DE know that they're are royally f***ing us all over.

"...We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either."

-Letter13 (COMMUNITY MODERATOR)

The press release says that PW bought all "Outstanding Shares." That means it bought everything that DE put out to sell, shares the people in that work in the company have stock, and this should mean a big chunk of DE stock.

It's highly unlikely that DE put out 1% of shares to be bought, the hell is the point?

The press release says that PW bought all "Outstanding Shares." That means it bought everything that DE put out to sell, shares the people in that work in the company have stock, and this should mean a big chunk of DE stock.

It's highly unlikely that DE put out 1% of shares to be bought, the hell is the point?

We don't know if that release is factual or not. Don't take anything seriously until we get a straight answer from DE.