Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

"...We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either."

-Letter13 (COMMUNITY MODERATOR)

NO!!!

GET OUT OF OUR WAY WE WANT TO SCREAM COS WE CAN!!!!!111one

keep-calm-and-scream-louder-14.png

Anyone who has experience with this.  Is it possible to counter offer?  I imagine it would take an astronomical sum, but theoretically, is it possible to establish a player coalition(kickstarter) of stockholders with the intent of letting DE answer to the player base?  Many of us have already funded DE because Warframe is a game that we love, I would be willing to shell out a little more to make sure it stays that way.  

anyone?

They aren't buying DE. They're buying SHARES. And we don't know how many.

Wait until something actually happens before you lot start gathering the horde and sharpening the pitchforks.

Because they're realistically going to buy smaller shares of the company for fun, right?

TENNO TENNO TENNO..

DID YOU REALY THINK

WARFRAME WOULD BE THIS FREEEEEEBY?

YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME

MY PWE REPRESNATIVES ARE GETTING CLOSER

AND WHEN THE LAST OF YOU HAVE LEFT THE GAME

I WILL PERSONALLY THROW, YOUR BELOVED REBECCA INTO THE SUN!

I was forced to do this, fack u infinty

Previously posted by MrFaceRoll: a rundown of how PWe works.

"7-8 painful years. I'd just like to sum up literally every reason as to why this is an awful idea. Some people might not know who PWE are, what they do etc. but I'll do my best to sum literally everything up as someone thats been with them for so long and invested so much into them. I may have missed a few things, so feel free to ask questions about things I may not have covered.

I've played Jade Dynasty, Perfect World International, Forsaken World and Battle of the Immortals for a good part of my life. I've invested well over a thousand dollars between all of them, most of which went to JD and PWI. I would imagine my total investments reach over $2000. 

First off, the general idea of how their games run.

Do not expect much content, well, actually, they do decently when it comes to content, but let me put it this way... do not expect any early-mid game content. Every single one of their games is a money based end-game system. Don't expect to get anywhere at all without investing a hefty (and that's no exaggeration) amount of money into the respective game either. 

They chock up the game with lotteries and whatnot, but that's not even the issue. With a general grasp of the in-game economy it's actually quite easy to make in-game currency. The problem? They give an incredibly high amount of bonuses to p2w players. VIP services and items that you won't get without paying insane amounts, and there's literally no way of acquiring these things without paying. Most exclusive or high end items are bound, permanently untradeable upon acquisition.

Warframe isn't PWE's usual open world system. They'll probably go about this a different way. You can expect things like Prime Access to skyrocket in price, and include many more items, all of which to be "exclusive" and only available to Prime Access investors. Nothing you can farm or trade for, only pay for. 

The gameplay and PvP of Warframe. 

PWE's games devolve into one thing and one thing only. Gear. I'm not sure if they'd make such drastic changes, but if they do, expect Warframe to devolve into everything being one shots. It's not about skill, it's not about how hard you work, it's about who pays the most. There's no competitive PvP in any of their games anymore. Expect to spawn and get 1 shot. Expect to spawn and get a few 1 shots. There's no such thing as equal footing, it's whoever has the best gear and can spam skills the fastest. 

Extreme imbalance. 

This game does alright for balance, sure, some frames are still pretty OP and others are still pretty crappy, but they make an effort to balance them out. Once PWE does something, it's pretty much permanent. One or two classes reign over everyone else by a huge margin, and they'll always be at the top of competition and PvE. There's no balance in their games. I still play JD every once in a while today, and you will only see some classes once in a blue moon because they're so incredibly weak even those that find them fun and interesting won't play them for fear of being dominated in every category. 

PWE and their customers.

Do not expect anymore dev streams, answers or persuasions. You won't find any. There won't be any streams to fill you in or keep you happy, poof, gone. Do not expect any solid answers from support or reasoning as to why they may have done something. You will get literally nothing. You can't change their mind, even if every single person who has ever played a PWE game protested something they wouldn't listen, as exampled by their recent introduction of the Arc Client, an awful attempt at platforms like Steam or Origin that devours memory and bandwidth, slows down your game and constantly crashes.

Their games have an incredible amount of potential. Games like Jade Dynasty with great visuals for an MMO that's been around since 2008 and still looks great, with a huge world and tons of content is nothing more than a veterans playground. You won't find new players in it anymore, it's only those that have invested thousands into it and are well into endgame. It's devolved into daily routines, all of the content gets eaten up by endgame, PvP used to be amazing and it's practically nonexistent, and if you don't cash shop you might as well not exist in it. 

Warframe has a ton of potential, and that will all disappear if handed over. 

One thing's for sure, they're better than Nexon at least."

This is what we are fighting against; this is why we wanted PWe to be kept away from DE and by effect our beloved Warframe.

The press release says that PW bought all "Outstanding Shares." That means it bought everything that DE put out to sell, shares the people in that work in the company have stock, and this should mean a big chunk of DE stock.

It's highly unlikely that DE put out 1% of shares to be bought, the hell is the point?

PW wouldn't bother setting up a deal without first making sure that they will get over 50% shares and control of the game. They are not just after the profit, they also have a certain political goal. If they could only but say 30 or 40% of shares and thus only profit from Warframe but not actually change it they would never bother with even non-binding agreement.

43524563.jpg

Thanks to everyone I have had a session with.

Thanks to everyone who chatted with me.

Thanks to everyone I ever traded with.

Thanks to all the friends I've made since being woken up 8 months ago.

Thanks to all TENNO.

They may kill Warframe, but they cannot erase the Tenno Spirit.

According to Steam I have 2680 hours sunk into this game and I've paid for Master rank Founder's which was $100 and I've sunk a further $500 since for a $600 total not much to some I'm quite sure but its still a pretty penny.  I've been here since a week after this game hit open beta and I've enjoyed playing this game quite a lot so I've been around for some time, so trust me DE (and yes I realise that the devs have little say in the matter but DE's founder James Schmalz does have a say in it) you've done some silly things before and I've defended you for them but this isn't one of them.

PWE is poison plain and simple.

I've played enough of their games to know exactly how it would turn out if they got a say in anything that happens in this game. 

At the moment I would like to see some form of official confirmation or denial, sadly I don't see that happening any time soon if at all.

So for now I guess all I can do is sit here and hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  Thank you Letter13 and the rest of the community moderators for trying to control this I wish you luck.

Just going to add my two cents here -- DE, if you can stop this from happening at all please do so. Warframe is one of the only good f2p games I've ever played. It's the only one I've actually been willing to spend money on, because I don't feel like the game is trying to milk my wallet dry. If Perfect World takes over, this will more than likely change. They'll try to nickel and dime us at every opportunity, and myself and others will quickly lose interest in playing the game, let alone spending any money on it. You've created something great here, DE -- something that represents how well the f2p formula can work when businessmen aren't forcing you to try and squeeze us players dry. Please don't let Perfect World throw that away.