Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

https://www.change.org/petitions/digital-extremes-ltd-not-to-sellout-to-perfect-world-entertainment

I'm kinda getting tired from all this already. I need to start a new story... 

The deal was made a long time ago, the release says that now it's happening because DE showed whatever it needed to show for the sale to happen. AKA they showed that Warframe has a lot of growth potential.

We cant do anything about it. Well, like some one said above, outside of simply everyone jumping ship, there is no way to stop this.

And jumping ship just means that PW will just shut the game down.

I feel like Lucas just sold his rights to Disney..... Star Wars ain't never gonna be right again.....

FIX  IT, FIX IT NOW @_@ I WANT TO LIVE IN THE WORLD OF TENNO, PERFECT WORLD IS A LIE! T___T

Done and done. I'm actually thinking of just Uninstalling the program until DE explains things or Perfect World backs out.

Go the extra mile, Uninstall.

Well I don't think Uninstalling is reported to their metrics, so it doesn't really help ;)

But re-quoting the original thread over and over does help. The moderators want to close any other thread other than this, and people are probably only going to read the first or last page. So the only way to get the word out is to keep quoting this post so every new person that comes to the thread has a chance to read it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255923-de-please-please-do-not-do-business-with-perfect-world-megahyperultrathread/page-173#entry2965085

quote! quote! And if the OP really wants to support this movement, quote it into the first post!

Because they're realistically going to buy smaller shares of the company for fun, right?

It baffles me that people don't understand this. PW has history with buying out other developers. There is no reason that they'd buy less than a controlling share. And as someone mentioned in another thread, they're doing this because of the next-gen versions of the game, and DE has agreed probably because they can't really get all the versions out. This was probably a done deal before DE decided on the Xbox One version, and probably is the real reason that they ultimately decided on it.

The part that really sucks for me is I JUST found Warframe.

I have literally stopped playing every other game because I am having such a blast. This news just plain sucks on ice.

I truly hope that this isn't the case or that by all of our reactions DE is able to back away or somehow stave this off.

Unbelievable, finally unique game that really felt like it was made by people who understood and loved gaming, and now it's in jeopardy.  

Fight on Tenno!

So Say We All!!!

I can't help it, guys. Even though I have already voiced my concerns about the news, I can't help but think...

...what if PW buying DE out was just a huge bluff? The news, the documents, the rumours... every single one of them is just part of a huge bluff.

I know I'm not offering any proof. But unless I'll see the game REALLY becoming just another one of PW's contraptions, I cannot just brush this idea/hope away.

Guess I'll wait and see if I was right or not.

I have no experience in this, anyone here who does?

Anyone who has experience with this.  Is it possible to counter offer?  I imagine it would take an astronomical sum, but theoretically, is it possible to establish a player coalition(kickstarter) of stockholders with the intent of letting DE answer to the player base?  Many of us have already funded DE because Warframe is a game that we love, I would be willing to shell out a little more to make sure it stays that way.

I'm not talking about funding DE with more money through more founder's/prime packs.  Sorry DE, I can't trust you with my money anymore.

The deal was made a long time ago, the release says that now it's happening because DE showed whatever it needed to show for the sale to happen. AKA they showed that Warframe has a lot of growth potential.

We cant do anything about it. Well, like some one said above, outside of simply everyone jumping ship, there is no way to stop this.

And jumping ship just means that PW will just shut the game down.

Better to let it die a quick, painless death then let it be barely living for a few more months.

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

In all honesty, an organised Boycott could work very well. It'd show how strong the community was.

"...We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either."

-Letter13 (COMMUNITY MODERATOR)

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

Important guys. Very. Read it. Follow it. Or I tell uncle Salad V to teabag on your corpse. Have a good day ^_^