Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

can anyone explain me clearly what is happening ??

Let me explain what is happening before you.

There is this piece of information on the internet that a company is planning to buy out Digital Extremes (DE).

Now if this were any other company such as Sega, Platinum Games, Bethesda, even Konami, this wouldn't be a big deal.

However, the buyer indicated by the information is Perfect World: a company notorious for ruining games by making it pay-to-win through colossal grindwalls, huge paywalls, near-eternity timewalls and other tactics that force the player to spend even more money to keep on playing... let alone have fun. A perfect example of a game they've ruined is Blacklight Retribution.

Though the game itself is free to play, the community is dead and many of things you need to survive the game is behind a huge paywall.

Hence the chaos that you see now. This picture is this whole fiasco in a nutshell.

IRONY_zpsb8a4a2fb.jpg

Fckin sellouts....no more money from me...hope you enjoyed the 500+ i spent already  cus there aint no more coming.

DE can't "damage control" any more than they have right now, stop demanding it.

Also, boycotting DE to keep them from accepting money from other people is not going to work.

"Ha, if we stop giving you money, you won't take money from someone else!" Think about how that sounds. That's what you're saying.

Stop!

I would just like to point out that it does not seem that DE is purchased yet... From reading some of the legal stuff, it looks like they are entering negotiations... so there is some hope. Always check sources tennos.

I would just like to point out that it does not seem that DE is purchased yet... From reading some of the legal stuff, it looks like they are entering negotiations... so there is some hope. Always check sources tennos.

That is enough to cause quite a bit of worry. 

This is worrying news. PWE has a long history of releasing games which are pay to win, I have little doubt that should this go through, we may well see some significant alterations to warframe's monetization.

If this deal goes through and warframe does indeed become one of PWE's games, I can easily see myself forsaking warframe in favor of other games available.

More like a payday for the top level guys, they go bail and make another studio with the fat check they got..and just let this game burn.

I AGREE DOWN WITH PWE IF WE CAN NOT HAVE OUR WARFRAME THEY WILL NOT GET A SCENT FROM ME. 

Why not just use deodorant?

Fckin sellouts....no more money from me...hope you enjoyed the 500+ i spent already  cus there aint no more coming.

They haven't sold out yet, and at the end of the day we can't expect them to not do what's best for them in the immediate future.  Show them you care about them and their game by using less idiotic comments.

YES.

Instead of saying the things everyone else has said, let's figure out if there is cause for alarm in reality.

Then, if there is, we should figure out what we can do and do it.

If there is nothing we can do, or our efforts will make no impact, then we can have the cryfest time.

Aye, but negotiations start with an official declaration, DE has only acknowledged it. They have definitely caught word of the growing discontent from the playerbase.

Yes, while that is true, having negotiations with an infamous gaming company does stir up lots of paranoia and concern for the future of Warframe. 

YES.

Instead of saying the things everyone else has said, let's figure out if there is cause for alarm in reality.

Then, if there is, we should figure out what we can do and do it.

If there is nothing we can do, or our efforts will make no impact, then we can have the cryfest time.

There is cause for alarm.

Why not just use deodorant?

They haven't sold out yet, and at the end of the day we can't expect them to not do what's best for them in the immediate future.  Show them you care about them and their game by using less idiotic comments.

What's best for them is what's best for their community.

I am utterly sad at this development. However I am not losing hope, I will continue to play Warframe for now, to savor the moments... If this actually happens and an official statement is made. Then, ONLY then will I stop playing, uninstall, and look for a new game.

I've played a number of games, Blacklight Retribution and RaiderZ being good examples...

BR - horrid servers and p2w items

RaiderZ - Horribly slow content updates, they announced a new class and when was that class eventually released? HALF A YEAR later... I made good friends playing RaiderZ, but we separated and if this happens in Warframe, Just...wow

I really love this game, I played it since Closed Beta, recommended it to all of my gamer friends, and all of the ones who joined out of curiosity stayed, they love the game as much as I do, So now we wait, wait and hope fellow Tenno. Will DE fall to the quotes 'Profit numbs the feeling' and 'Greedy Milk' or stand strong. Only time will tell 

Edited by TheArchAngel

If cash infusion is necessary to keep the gears turning, please try crowd-funding; first through us then alternate channels.  Just a suggestion.

PW is not being received well by the existing base, who are probably on to something.  Past performance is not indicative of future results... but it is damn near impossible for it not to be.

From my perspective, companies do not usually set forth an acquisition team into motion unless there is some level of interest on both sides.  Therefore, it may be safe to assume this is going forward, unless PW is in the business of expensive and aggressive prospecting.

If it is the case that contributions from the fans and supporters are not quite enough to cover overhead + return, then 'family first' means the teams that built the product.  These are the unique individuals.  Fans/players/consumers can be replaced and PW has their own.

The parkour needs to be better.

peace yall!

...Well, Im guessing by Rebecca's comment that there is 'something' to all this now...so if that's the case, I guess there's only one thing to conclude then...

We have our answer as to who the "Sentients" were...

While I am worried about PW and DE entering even a non-binding agreement that pretty much only states that numbers are being pushed around, Its nothing to freak out over as much as some people are *cough*deleteaccount/boycott*cough*. Most of the sites people have linked here which are saying that the sale has been finalized are normally sites that are full of unofficial bullcrap that are no more legitimate as any storefront tabloid. Ill wait for the official announcements instead of jump ship just because a water dripped from an overhead pipe.