Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

^Yup.

^DE's lack of communication is at fault. Communication is key. DE LET US panic, go crazy, spread this infection. Unless they were tied up by law because something is actually going down with PWE/Sumpo. Then we were all screwed from the beginning. And if notlamprey is right, at least it will enlighten the rest of the "world" a little bit on how the grubby bastards that are PWE/Sumpo worked their way into this. Man this sucks.

you do know its night in Canada...

Damnit. How could i have been so foolish? How could i have never seen that?

Alright, everyone, no need to panic.

Perfect World has been expecting this. They have waited, gazed upon us, watched us panic. But now, is the time where we will TRULY shine. We will riot, but NOT in the way that THEY expect. Whatever your riot strategy was doing, if its any of these below, do the opposite.

-If you are rioting on the forums, take the fight to the game.

-If you are not buying any plat, buy yourself some plat.

-If you are gonna play something else, please change your mind, and play Warframe.

Doing any of these will help. They will not expect this change (unless they are reading this post right now), and it will show that we STILL care for the game that we enjoy. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE DEFEAT! WE WILL NOT TOLERATE PAY TO WIN!

FIGHT THE SYSTEM!

Indeed, try to spread this advice as much as possible

they posted on this thread 2 times about looking into it if this was just something PW made to scare us DE would have told us it's a lie mostly right away.

but they didn't.

yeah, but that was a couple of hours ago.

I think Letter13 is Right we dont need to just abondon the game by holding a log off protest.....we need to keep playing so thier profits dont die out 

Or at least just stay cool headed till something is either confirmed or the game goes to hell.

I think Letter13 is Right we dont need to just abondon the game by holding a log off protest.....we need to keep playing so thier profits dont die out 

you do know its night in Canada...

5am here. havent slept yet. later in the day im almost certain there will be more posts from the Megan and Becca for reassurance and some detail on whats going on. A staff that has a very strong link to their community will always be that, and as you said it was night time they arent machines (I know the feeling.) We'll see later on today.

Congratulations everyone. We fell for Perfect Online's trap. 

By panicking like chickens with our heads cut off and spreading baseless rumors to various sites, we've effectively softened DE and made them ripe for the picking.

Thanks Community.

No, really. This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah. Blame it on us. WTG.

But there is a reason to worry, no?

Yes there is a reason to worry but not full out turn the forums into a full on scene for a blood bath/Riot. People can worry but they shouldn't take it to the extreme like boycotting the game and plat purchases. It's Suicide and than as Letter and someone else said, We'd be entirely screwed. 

After reading all the comments. I have 1 thing to say:

"Will you stay side by side with your Grandma (DE) who is having Cancer (PWE) and encourage her. Or you just leave her die by that sickness"

Read, Think and Answer

Damnit. How could i have been so foolish? How could i have never seen that?

Alright, everyone, no need to panic.

Perfect World has been expecting this. They have waited, gazed upon us, watched us panic. But now, is the time where we will TRULY shine. We will riot, but NOT in the way that THEY expect. Whatever your riot strategy was doing, if its any of these below, do the opposite.

-If you are rioting on the forums, take the fight to the game.

-If you are not buying any plat, buy yourself some plat.

-If you are gonna play something else, please change your mind, and play Warframe.

Doing any of these will help. They will not expect this change (unless they are reading this post right now), and it will show that we STILL care for the game that we enjoy. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE DEFEAT! WE WILL NOT TOLERATE PAY TO WIN!

FIGHT THE SYSTEM!

AmazingAwesomeFaceTearyEyedKaneClap_larg

Yeah. Blame it on us. WTG.

He's not blaming it on you, he's trying to lighten the mood. If this is PWE's actual intention we're all jumping off into the pit of no return and I for one finished worrying and am just waiting patiently for more information.

P.W.F, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

"Will you stay side by side with your Grandma (DE) who is having Cancer (PWE) and encourage her. Or you just leave her die by that sickness"

Read, Think and Answer

Might as well leave, it's not like i can offer a solution for the cancer.

Congratulations everyone. We fell for Perfect Online's trap. 

By panicking like chickens with our heads cut off and spreading baseless rumors to various sites, we've effectively softened DE and made them ripe for the picking.

Thanks Community.

No, really. This is why we can't have nice things.

You keep saying this. I don't think you completely understand the side of the people worried about this.

By proclaiming the community stance right here, right now, DE knows what the people think of it. Given what we've seen from PW and PWE, they LOVE murdering MMOs under their control, and they love getting majority stock, and thus control, of the companies they "assist". PW does NOT have a good track record here. At all. And some of us are veterans of PW/PWE's actions, so we know how bad it can get.

Now, DE has every right to say no to any and all requests for shares on PW's part, because we know that the documents sent to DE's legal team isn't binding, so by all means, DE can freely back out. If they see that the community doesn't like it, then they can A) assure us that PW isn't going to get control of the company, or B) be influenced by the community decision. You, Letter, are acting like DE will balk at the community response and go "Well, it's over anyway, time to bail out", when there's equal, if not greater chance that they'll say "Well, the community has our back if we say no."

You're thinking black-and-white here, when in terms of how the community sees it, it's very gray. If DE can clear the air, it would help a lot, but you're acting like this entire thing is a detriment, when most of us here will whole-heartedly support DE if they don't go forward with the deal. But given the silence, plus PW's track record in terms of companies they've bought stock in, it's not looking good.

Now, there IS a chance that it's all for nothing and that they'll just buy minimum stock and whatnot and there's just overreaction. But we have evidence of PW's actions regarding companies they've bought, plus, just because the community is in an uproar doesn't mean that DE is automatically going to bail out. PW can't force DE's hand because nothing's binding right now, as far as we know, so I don't see how exactly this furvor is "softening up" DE.

Might as well leave, it's not like i can offer a solution for the cancer.

Wrong idea, Where there is a will. there is a way. Think of this as a war, will you fight for the cause and keep us strong and alive? or will you just run away like a coward and later on regret that you could have done something to prevent it.

Read, Think and Answer

I will sell my account on ebay and let her die. That is if the cancer is confirmed.

Read, Think and Answer

The only difference is our Grandma could say no to Cancer.

We need keep buying plat to increase Warframe's sared value, like this it will be increasingly difficult for PWE to cover up the value of Warframe, besides I don't think the heads of DE are dumb enough to sell out this great financial and intellectually potent game if anything they are making a contrat with PW not PWE as to publish the game in China due to the corporal and spiritual morales and differences of the Chinese goverment.

So in short: support the game by purchesing plat in such a way that the DE officials don't find it proffitable to sell Warframe to PWE (if this is the case).

Edited by CTanGod

Phobose, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Wrong idea, Where there is a will. there is a way. Think of this as a war, will you fight for the cause and keep us strong and alive? or will you just run away like a coward and later on regret that you could have done something to prevent it.

You've got the wrong idea. Even if this was a ''War'' it would be rather one-sided war, in case PW really took over. And if that's the case, fighting wont help. There's nothing for me to regret because i know i couldn't have done anything about it.

I have recently been browsing the "DE, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)" and i realized that everyone is worrying about what Perfect World might do to the game we all love and play.

Sorry if anyone has suggested this before, but why not open up a community donations area to allow the community to purchase any shares that come onto the market to stop Perfect World from getting them. This would also give the  community a couple of shares in Warframe therefor, allowing the community to have a slightly more influential position in the continued development of the game.

You keep saying this. I don't think you completely understand the side of the people worried about this.

By proclaiming the community stance right here, right now, DE knows what the people think of it. Given what we've seen from PW and PWE, they LOVE murdering MMOs under their control, and they love getting majority stock, and thus control, of the companies they "assist". PW does NOT have a good track record here. At all. And some of us are veterans of PW/PWE's actions, so we know how bad it can get.

Now, DE has every right to say no to any and all requests for shares on PW's part, because we know that the documents sent to DE's legal team isn't binding, so by all means, DE can freely back out. If they see that the community doesn't like it, then they can A) assure us that PW isn't going to get control of the company, or B) be influenced by the community decision. You, Letter, are acting like DE will balk at the community response and go "Well, it's over anyway, time to bail out", when there's equal, if not greater chance that they'll say "Well, the community has our back if we say no."

You're thinking black-and-white here, when in terms of how the community sees it, it's very gray. If DE can clear the air, it would help a lot, but you're acting like this entire thing is a detriment, when most of us here will whole-heartedly support DE if they don't go forward with the deal. But given the silence, plus PW's track record in terms of companies they've bought stock in, it's not looking good.

Now, there IS a chance that it's all for nothing and that they'll just buy minimum stock and whatnot and there's just overreaction. But we have evidence of PW's actions regarding companies they've bought, plus, just because the community is in an uproar doesn't mean that DE is automatically going to bail out. PW can't force DE's hand because nothing's binding right now, as far as we know, so I don't see how exactly this furvor is "softening up" DE.

^Thank you!