Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

What's that? Cooperate, pool together our resources and take control of the situation through non-violent and logical means?

THIS IS THE INTERNET! WE DON'T DO ANY OF THAT HERE, SON!

Just kidding, sort of. Wish it were realistic, but I'd imagine most of the people posting are under the age of 18 so they can't really help if they wanted to.

-Snip-

I agree with you, I've seen what PWE has done to titles they bought out.

The softening part was a theory, it might or might not be true we arent behind the doors with the CEO's reading faces and listening to business deals going on, no.

I do agree that the moderators should be reassuring us but again as alazia stated, on the east coast right now its 5:26 am, they aren't machines who can run all night and day they're like us. I'm sure they will speak out once they get the chance to.

The Staff will obviously see this Mega Threadnaught of a thread and let the CEO know how we feel. I'm sure the CEO isn't a heartless individual he had a vision for Digital Extremes and massive riots like this isn't one of them. 

Congratulations everyone. We fell for Perfect Online's trap. 

By panicking like chickens with our heads cut off and spreading baseless rumors to various sites, we've effectively softened DE and made them ripe for the picking.

Thanks Community.

No, really. This is why we can't have nice things.

We are not "softening up" DE!

This is show of our dedication to DE!

We don't want ANY other studio to take over DE!

What would they get from buying a game without playerbase anyway?

Kialandi, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

We are not "softening up" DE!

This is show of our dedication to DE!

We don't want ANY other studio to take over DE!

What would they get from buying a game without playerbase anyway?

Less competition for their god awful games.

Wrong idea, Where there is a will. there is a way. Think of this as a war, will you fight for the cause and keep us strong and alive? or will you just run away like a coward and later on regret that you could have done something to prevent it.

Thank you, we will never give up!

Half these people probably don't even know what to do with shares, or what it means to own them.

Neither does anybody on wall street with a career on investment, lol.

Edited by Cemges

You've got the wrong idea. Even if this was a ''War'' it would be rather one-sided war, in case PW really took over. And if that's the case, fighting wont help. There's nothing for me to regret because i know i couldn't have done anything about it.

In many ancient traditions dieing in battle even though you lost brings great honor to your people. I for one believe in this and I will refuse to just be a coward and just run away. War is rough, even in the sight of certain defeat you must be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the cause.

Keeping DE afloat instead of tanking is that. If we lose, we walk away that's it. That should be in everyones thoughts when they see this situation. Don't be prepared to just leave right now. Enjoy the game in the mean time.

The softening part was a theory, it might or might not be true we arent behind the doors with the CEO's reading faces and listening to business deals going on, no.

I do agree that the moderators should be reassuring us but again as alazia stated, on the east coast right now its 5:26 am, they aren't machines who can run all night and day they're like us. I'm sure they will speak out once they get the chance to.

The Staff will obviously see this Mega Threadnaught of a thread and let the CEO know how we feel. I'm sure the CEO isn't a heartless individual he had a vision for Digital Extremes and massive riots like this isn't one of them. 

:D MASTER HAS GIVE ALAIZIA A MENTION! ALAIZIA IS KNOWN!

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-master-has-given-dobby-a-sock.png

Guys, please try to remember two things:

- As awesome as Rebecca and Megan are, they won't be given all the information, at least not right away. For the moment this is something DE's legal department will be sorting.

- There may be some stipulation preventing discussion about the deal from DE staff, as any confirmation or denial of any potential deal could affect stock prices far more than wild speculation will.

Welp, I've tried all sorts of things to calm people down. Reasonable statements and sarcasm doesn't seem to work, and I suspect people will just start panicking like chickens with their heads cut off a bit later in the morning.

I've been with this thread through the whole night (just not really feeling tired, plus I want to keep an eye on things). But I have to catch a bus in 4 hours which means I sort of need to leave in 3. So yeah, have to be heading off now.

This is probably one of the reasons why Chinese businessmen are rich. Crafty little buggers. 

Congratulations everyone. We fell for Perfect Online's trap. 

By panicking like chickens with our heads cut off and spreading baseless rumors to various sites, we've effectively softened DE and made them ripe for the picking.

Thanks Community.

No, really. This is why we can't have nice things.

Or, you know, DE could have simply made an announcement, squashing every 'baseless rumor' that spread.