The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

As far as I can tell all it is is PWE investing money in DE, not buying DE.

Big difference between investing and acquiring folks.

Also, CALM DOWN. Seriously.

Outstanding shares...I think I'll look into what that means exactly. Of course it would be awesome if you were correct in your observations.         

Not really =/ 

Definition of 'Outstanding Shares'

A company's stock currently held by all its shareholders, including share blocks held by institutional investors and restricted shares owned by the company’s officers and insiders.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

Well crap.

That being said, I have my fingers crossed that if it is true, PWE won't mess with or tell DE how to develop Warframe (or how to brand Warframe I don't want to see their logo).

If they do mess with how Warframe is developed or what's put in Warframe... well... there'd likely be a mass exodus of players. Likely myself included.

Even if PWE buys DE and the games stays the same i will quit after 1k h of gametime i refuse to even bother with pwe games after what they did with Neverwinter and Champions online and x other games .

You're more than welcome to leave. (: No one else wants you here anyway.

why should i leave? this is to funny to watch, im refreshing like every 10 seconds. it was a joke dude calm your tatas

Edited by Senketsu_

Well crap.

That being said, I have my fingers crossed that if it is true, PWE won't mess with or tell DE how to develop Warframe (or how to brand Warframe I don't want to see their logo).

If they do mess with how Warframe is developed or what's put in Warframe... well... there'd likely be a mass exodus of players. Likely myself included.

Might want to cross your fingers on both hands for that one :)

Well crap.

D:

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

As far as I can tell all it is is PWE investing money in DE, not buying DE.

Big difference between investing and acquiring folks.

Also, CALM DOWN. Seriously.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

And after reading this:

WTHAMIREADIN.jpg

De, don't. Please. I've been playing warframe since right after Sling Stone and I've watched the game improve steadily. Yes there have been bumps and bruises along the line but the progress on the good things was steady, and because I saw potential being realized I bought plat and got friends into the game and supported you with my money. Please don't make me regret my support.

Well crap.

^

All of this!

Well crap.

Sadly investors tend to gain influence as their money creates a dependency... Assuming they remain as such.

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.

I'll just uninstall it for now and not play all together. If you people want to make a statement make their servers empty and wonder wtf is going on.