The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I'm hoping the reason DE hasn't responded yet is that they're trying to make sure they have enough shares to remain in control before letting us know they won't be taken over....but that may just be hopeful thinking on my part.

Still though, the primary thing to do is wait to see what happens.

Rushing to decisions or preemptively leaving is not the way to go about this.

I for one don't plan on leaving just yet, but I am definitely going to be weary about spending any money on this game in the meantime...

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

While I agree, since when has the forums been traditionally a calm and fully rational community?

On the plus side at least everyones more or less on the same side of the hysteria this time.

But yeah, just wait and see everyone.

No point in freaking out and jumping ship yet.

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

As far as I can tell all it is is PWE investing money in DE, not buying DE.

Big difference between investing and acquiring folks.

Also, CALM DOWN. Seriously.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

I'm no expert, but pretty much every result on google where a company is buying another company's outstanding shares is used when describing an acquisition.

example:

http://investor.ebay.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=84142

Edited by Aggh

I think at this moment that's all people in the community can do. In all honesty Perfect World Entertainment has the longest track records (next to EA) of taking games that had potential, and turning it inside out.

(separate from reply)

I did decide though to look into it more carefully, and while I am surprised I didn't think of this earlier, it could be possible that PWE is wanting DE to make a game for them. I mean DE has made other games before so it could be possible.

You know whats funny, that we werent even freaking out about this until 1 person brought it up.

Not a bunch of people. '

1. PERSON

^_^

what does that say?

It says that no one else knew about it and that the OP merely enlightened us all about this problem?

Can you stop, please?

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

Light in the darkness.

Fine for you. For me i'll get while i still have at least some good memories of this game. If i'm wrong i can always come back. Good luck to you.

"Perfect World" corrupts everything it touches.

This is the most depressing news I've heard this year.

My heart actually sank as I realised what this means.

This has been the ONLY game since BF3 that I've played longer than a couple of weeks. I've been playing since OBT started, with no intention of stopping... or had no intention. PWE games have always made me feel like they were a cash grab, and I could never play one long, and that's with no bias towards the company. I know nothing of them or their practices, just of their games, which I always end up quitting fast.

GG DE. If this happens, then I'm sorry for your loss. This could have been the game of the century, especially with the dedication and progress you've made, and plan to expand on. Such a great loss...

Well crap.

That being said, I have my fingers crossed that if it is true, PWE won't mess with or tell DE how to develop Warframe (or how to brand Warframe I don't want to see their logo).

If they do mess with how Warframe is developed or what's put in Warframe... well... there'd likely be a mass exodus of players. Likely myself included.

All hope is lost v.v T_T

So long and thanks for all the fish?

Can has founders money back as did not want to fund sell out to PWE? 

Many questions to be answered. 

We should be getting a devstream announcement this week... I bet the thread wont go up till tomorrow now otherwise it will get rammed by pwe questions.