Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

From what I got, it's PW taking initiative and an interest in buying DE - There is no guarantee DE will agree, right?

I am usually the more optimistic person but if PW were to buy up DE, I will regret having supported DE in their "beta" endeavours in the past.

Don't regret.

What DE has done here is kinda amazing. No need to regret being a part of that.

Actually, be proud of it.

A statement as to what can be done in the right hands.

Introducing the new Orokin Item Chest!

Inside the Orokin Item Chest lies the extremely rare Loki Prime!

With only 500 plats, you could get yourself an Orokin Item Chest key for a chance at

gaining access to this newest prime!

The Orokin Item Chest has a chance of dropping Loki Prime Helmet(1%) Loki Prime Chassis(1%), Loki Prime Blueprint(1%), Loki Prime Systems(1%) Forma(1%), Orokin Cell 0.5 (1%), Nano Spores x1 (94%)

Edited by Sutherland

Corporate social responsibility. 

Consider all stakeholders before making a decision in order to satisfy most, if not all, stakeholders. And since a major stakeholder (i.e.: the players) is opposing this, DE(L) should reconsider whether or not to sell itself to Perfect World Ltd..

the stakeholder arguement doesn't hold any water when the immediate profits will greatly out weigh any "social responsibilty"

PWE has litteritly killed games.

RaiderZ, Neverwinter, Rusty Hearts. All OUTSTANDING GAMES. Now dead.

I can tell you from personal experience that Neverwinter isn't dead, yet. But dear god, good luck enjoying the game if you're anything besides a Control Wizard, Great Weapon Fighter, or Devoted Cleric.

They have a bad habit of overnerfing and overbuffing, then leaving those changes in the game for months at a time. After those few months are up, they then completely gut the overpowered classes and buff up the underpowered classes to overpowered. If they aren't making drastic changes, their changes are downright minuscule, while claiming it'll fix a weak class.

Also gambling. So much gambling. Expect new Wraith, Vandal, Dragon, and Prime weapons to be put in gambling boxes.

NoSpax, on 02 Jul 2014 - 4:16 PM, said:

If that is really the case, this means, all Warframe BP, Forma, Potatoes and Helmets may be removed from droptables and alerts.

Want a new frame? buy it, don't farm it.

But being PW, you can't just go an buy a frame, you must buy a gamble box which MIGHT contain a frame decided by RNG.

Just to make the chance even smaller, add BP,Forma,Potatoes and Helmets to the same mix.

True pay-to-win and potentially pay-to-play changes for Warframe if Perfect World Ltd. decides to take over Warframe. That is not good at all. 

Sorry I edited my comment on the one you replayed but never mind, and well all I can say is to your comment.

Oh well....

But qeastion..is warframe already a pay-to-win with the Prime things you can buy and stuff from the market?

No guys, I DOUBT DE will accept this deal... i have faith on them. You see how excited they talk about the game on the devstreams, its their baby, the game they always dreamed to make.

But the two pieces of evidence we have are slightly worrying. 

Oh my god I can't stop laughing here, I saw this topic get posed and I was like "oh dear..." and then literally 30 seconds in the internet exploded. My god I love when small crap like this causes things to explode!!!

However I don't get why so much players are so upset about this, as an proud player and gold member of CO as the greatst game of all times I can see no harm in Warframe getting taken over.

Besides as long they give us U14 before then oh well.

Well you're probably in the minority.

Perfect World wrecked Star Trek Online. :(

I remember the war i had with my fleet over season 7 It pushed me away from the game.

I remember the war the players had with PWE over season 7... We thought we won...then they shoved a barbed wire baseball bat up our asses and said 'you'll take it and like it' Well in the wake of that all the good players left. Dilithium dropped to about 30 on the exchange. Fleets just died..Gamers were left without a home.

If warframe falls to this... Maybe gaming really is dead.

it+s+not+about+the+money+_c12e45b923dede

Customer goodwill is hugely undervalued in most of the gaming industry. EA and Activision as well as Ubisoft get away with putting out sh*tty games every year, why? because they know that we will buy them. Even if you hate the game and trade it in it doesn't matter, they have your money.

You make a rubbish F2P game however, and people will play for awhile, realise it is crap and leave. Customer goodwill and enjoyment keeps Warframe alive, moves like this destroy that goodwill

LegionCynex, on 02 Jul 2014 - 4:19 PM, said:

Sorry I edited my comment on the one you replayed but never mind, and well all I can say is to your comment.

Oh well....

But qeastion..is warframe already a pay-to-win with the Prime things you can buy and stuff from the market?

No, because you can obtain the said items without paying. If PW gets to decide, there'll be items only available with plat.

DE please shed some light on this. there's one hell of a ___storm blowing up and we've heard nothing official from you at all.

Also worth mentioning, the thought of DE becoming associated with Perfect World makes me want to burn my founder's badge.

Edited by Cybernetix

But at least you can still grind for them for free. 

Relatively fast to.

At least, as fast as you want it to. That is if you even want it, the impact of those items are so minor. It's almost trivial.

So no, Warframe isn't P2W (yet).