Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

Edited by Lyvshalker

Sorry I edited my comment on the one you replayed but never mind, and well all I can say is to your comment.

Oh well....

But qeastion..is warframe already a pay-to-win with the Prime things you can buy and stuff from the market?

That's considered pay-for-convenience. If anything, Primes don't give that much of an advantage, especially considering Warframes. While Boltor Prime is a strong weapon, the Braton Prime hardly outshines regulars.

Case in point, it'll only get worse with PWE.

it+s+not+about+the+money+_c12e45b923dede

Customer goodwill is hugely undervalued in most of the gaming industry. EA and Activision as well as Ubisoft get away with putting out sh*tty games every year, why? because they know that we will buy them. Even if you hate the game and trade it in it doesn't matter, they have your money.

You make a rubbish F2P game however, and people will play for awhile, realise it is crap and leave. Customer goodwill and enjoyment keeps Warframe alive, moves like this destroy that goodwill

Too many sheeple. Too many drones out weigh people like us in far too many games... 

Well let me give you the side of some people from Asia, we can't play any of perfect worlds games because they ban Chinese/Taiwanese IP's and the only way to get around that is through proxys so I also hope this deal never happens.

DE please shed some light on this. there's one hell of a ___storm blowing up and we've heard nothing official from you at all.

Also worth mentioning, the thought of DE becoming associated with Perfect World makes me want to burn my founder's badge.

I'm in agreement with you with this....T_T. PLEASE DE!!!!! DON'T DO THIS!!

No guys, I DOUBT DE will accept this deal... i have faith on them. You see how excited they talk about the game on the devstreams, its their baby, the game they always dreamed to make.

Except, I don't think that people who love making Warframe and care for it like a child actually have a say in it. 

Source: http://iportal.infocastfn.com/citiccapital_portal/nws/nws_p.asp?LangId=1&LNwsId=2293206

As someone who played STO both before and after PW purchased Cryptic, I feel I have to voice my concern over this acquisition. Warframe is a game with a huge amount of potential, and having PW pulling their strings behind the scenes is a surefire way to destroy that potential.

I'm not sure that there's anything you (DE) could do at this point, but I would applaud any efforts made to stop this from happening. Even self-sabotoge to make the company seem less desirable is not out of the question.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with PW, acquisition by them will dramatically shift development away from new gameplay content. Instead, expect development to focus on a plethora of obnoxious, obtrusive lockbox and other lottery-type systems)

o.O holy S#&$ perfect world is where games go to  die ><. DE stay your own publisher

Edited by Sonicbullitt

That's considered pay-for-convenience. If anything, Primes don't give that much of an advantage, especially considering Warframes. While Boltor Prime is a strong weapon, the Braton Prime hardly outshines regulars.

Case in point, it'll only get worse with PWE.

Ahh I see well that is true and thanks for the replay bud, and I guess your right one thing I hate about PWE is lockboxs....

"Now that you've mastered the basics of movement and combat Welcome to the Warframe Market Tutorial, Step One Acquire a Braton Mk1 Blueprint from the Market - your first one will be free don't forget to stock up on ammunition and repair kits! Next craft the Braton Mk1 in your foundry, and claim it into your arsenal - not enough space? Buy arsenal extender packs to give you more room to customize!

Using your Braton Mk1 in combat decreases it's durability, use repair kits to prevent it from breaking. Using a repair kit lowers maximum durability by 1 per use. When your weapon breaks you can simply buy or craft another!

When you're ammunition runs out use ammo restoration kits to give yourself more. Don't have any? Use your trusty unbreakable Skana - additional Melee weapon skins can be purchased to change the appearance of your Skana in the store! Alternate melee weapons are more powerful but use durability and can not be repaired."

Yeah it will be sad times indeed a game that rivaled with hat simulator on steam (TF2) and it decided to commit suicide by dealing with company that basically butcher every game they touch. One of few games with good graphics fantastic gameplay and stuff to look forward to. Oh well money is money but if DE want to kill their child they picked up most gruesome way.

If DE needs the money and is in doubts of folding or something, i guess they don't have much of a choice. 

If DE has any choice in this though, I hope they choose to remain their own company.  Perfect World, as well some other publishers, love to close studios down if they can't make it into a bigger money machine that it is now, and probably with a smaller staff or a cheaper staff overseas.

Blacklight retribution was RUINED by Perfect World and and so happened to many other games they got. 

They buy a game, ruin it and then shut down servers and buy another one. 

If this happens, RIP warframe. Seriously.

Edited by Aurghmeister