Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After 7-8 Years With Pwe, Here's A Rundown Of How They Work

Rioghal

The largest point of contention going here, for me at least, is seeing this company who started out like other major-name devs, who did it as a hobby, struck gold and managed to make something of it. In their 20th anniversary video, the underlying theme was that they started indie, worked for other people and eventually managed to full-circle into a self-sufficient company, able to work on what they want, how they want, without answering to someone else. Hence, Warframe.

With this purchase pending, it can be (and is, really) viewed as terrible goings-on, where this indie company pulling off the dream that they started the company with, only to see this giant company that is notorious reputation, with good reason, wants to come in and take a piece of the action by throwing money at it. And that, is rubbing people the wrong way.

I for one am loathe to see this go down, as we'll end up losing another company to a major player who has nothing to do with it other than a wad of cash.. to me, not worth losing the dream that took 20 years to accomplish. Basically another straw that is breaking my faith in gaming being something of a passion and all about the mighty dollar.

@OP You spend 1000$ to 2000$ or even more into 4 games? Games with mechanics you described? REALLY?

Even for very very good games thats to much. For that price u can have a simulator + extra support.

Or take Skyrim. 30€ + countless free mods = many thousands hours of fun.

Geez some people really have to much money. I would like to say some really harsh things here but i will skip it to not get banned.

Post Nr2 said it well GOOD JOB! lol

and

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Edited by eGoxxl

The best we can hope for is Blacklight: Retribution monetization (except with more content updates as the devs aren't working other games rather than their best product) which frankly is better monetization than Warframe despite having PWE as a publisher.

Edited by ZachC

@OP You spend 1000$ to 2000$ or even more into 4 games? Games with mechanics you described? REALLY?

Even for very very good games thats to much. For that price u can have a simulator + extra support.

Or take Skyrim. 30€ + countless free mods = many thousands hours of fun.

Geez some people really have to much money. I would like to say some really harsh things here but i will skip it to not get banned.

Post Nr2 said it well GOOD JOB! lol

and

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Your ignorance knows no bounds. You think I would invest so much money into games I didn't like? Yes, I described their mechanics exactly, but when I first started playing them they were amazing and appealed to me on multiple levels. When I first started playing them they weren't like that, I described what they're like now. Jade Dynasty was an abundant, fun, and non-P2W game that slowly devolved into what it is today. PWI was my first MMO and one of my first video games, and I absolutely adored it. I don't regret all of that money, yes, there were bad times, but the good times greatly outweigh all of them and not a single second or dollar was wasted. Plenty of great memories were had, and they got me into many more games.

I find it ironic you'd give me a quote about human stupidity, when you weren't even intelligent enough to think anything you said through. Get your head out of your &#! before making comments like that. Oh, and I warmly welcome your "harsh comments" so I can laugh at them too. You've probably gone running though and won't respond, because that's how you kind of people are.

Edited by MrFaceroll

The best we can hope for is Blacklight: Retribution monetization (except with more content updates as the devs aren't working other games rather than their best product) which frankly is better monetization than Warframe despite having PWE as a publisher.

I don't even remember when was the last major update for that game, the only thing in the news now is announcing item sales, double gp and xp etc.