Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Be Strong As A Community.

Agua

So, let us suppose that someday an evil corporation tries to buy the game we love and transform it onto something we, the comunity, hate. What could we don in such case? How could we protect hundreds of follars and hours invested onto our beloved game?

Let us analize the whole situation. In the hypotheticall mentioned case, we are certain that we couldn't stop the selling company. Think about this:If you owned DE and someone gave you more money than you could actualy count, will you not sell it? Probably you would. That money could give you the oportunity to create any other game you want, garantize the health and education of every member of your family, or any other dream you may have.

SO, if that moment were ever to happen, how could we defend from the terrible abomination that a huge company, probably known as one that applies "pay 2 win" model to every game they buy??

I'll tell you how: Standing Together:

Evil corporations shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to evil corporations: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts will not matter to evil corporations. Complaints will not matter to evil corporations. Petitions will not matter to evil corporations.

There is only one channel through which we could voice our displeasure about the evil corporations takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to evil corporations to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

Evil corporations will absolutely drop any possible future deal for the game if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that evil corporations is banking on.

If this ever happens, evil corporations probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that evil corporations are out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the evil corporations buy-out of warframe. Period. If you want to keep the game evil corporations-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if evil corporations buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

So, if ever that happens, REMEMBER that we as a community are STRONG.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the evil corporations buy-out of warframe. Period. If you want to keep the game evil corporations-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

If you want to kill Warframe for sure, with PW or without it, then yes, please, do it.

The amount of idiocy showing by some people will never cease to amuse me.

Edited by Khranitel

Cute, but naive to a fault.

Depending on what is actually going down, PWE could end up playing any number of roles in the future of this game. Some of the possibilities are incredibly grim to people who've been burned by them in the past. They aren't as horrible as GamersFirst but they seem to give it their best shot.

If they do acquire Warframe in a sense that has them making the big calls then there is nothing a soul can do about it and not logging in for a month wont get anything changed. You make a choice for yourself - if what you feel the worst case scenario is occurs then is PWE a dramatic enough problem that you have to game elsewhere. If yes, then fine. Enjoy your next adventure. 

None of that matters now, however. Right now we need to wait so that we can get official word on the scope of the issue.

This is just silly.  Nothing has even changed.  If they make things pay to win then just don't pay.  If no one pays then they will adjust their practices/prices to the point where it will become profitable. It is the most basic rules of business.

Shouting boycott before anything is even changed would just come across as childish and ineffectual.

Had a bit of hope for the community following the recent news and how it responded.

It all got OBLITERATED the second people started cheering to a response along the lines of:

"H-heheh.Hey guyse its all going to be ok.I can't tell you anything but the design will remain in our hands." (with the understood implication) "even if perfect world are the ones guiding our hands!"

and saw replies along the lines:

"YAY DE OMG ITS K XDDDDDDD"

"DE for president!"

"yay stoopid ppl no longer spam threds nao :D:D:D:D"

and the ever present "Thanks DE".

There is zero reason to calm down until we get an official response regarding the paperwork.

INB4 some shill starts yelling at me.The whole bloody reason I'm posting things like this is because I like this game and I don't want it to end up in perfect worlds septic tank.

And don't talk yo me about having "faith" in digital extremes because business deals aren't decided with your heart but with your brain.If there are enough money involved warframe goes down the drain.

Wasn't the intent of offering the Founders packages and marketing Prime Access to players to keep the Warframe development team well funded and faithful exclusively to the player base?  How much of that money actually goes to the developers vs. going to upper management?

Why should we invest in this game when it's clear now that despite making a profit off of us, the player base and the game itself are partially for sale?

This is just silly.  Nothing has even changed.  If they make things pay to win then just don't pay.  If no one pays then they will adjust their practices/prices to the point where it will become profitable. It is the most basic rules of business.

Shouting boycott before anything is even changed would just come across as childish and ineffectual.

Yea-naaah.You really don't know how perfect world operates and how many online games it destroyed now do you?

Here's a hint: They WON'T adjust prices.They will simply get whatever money they still can and let the game die.

Lock?

What are people like you even doing on these forums is beyond me.

Had a bit of hope for the community following the recent news and how it responded.

It all got OBLITERATED the second people started cheering to a response along the lines of:

"H-heheh.Hey guyse its all going to be ok.I can't tell you anything but the design will remain in our hands." (with the understood implication) "even if perfect world are the ones guiding our hands!"

"DE for president!"

There is zero reason to calm down until we get an official response regarding the paperwork.

INB4 some shill starts yelling at me.The whole bloody reason I'm posting things like this is because I like this game and I don't want it to end up in perfect worlds septic tank.

And don't talk yo me about having "faith" in digital extremes because business deals aren't decided with your heart but with your brain.If there are enough money involved warframe goes down the drain.

I like you.

And i agree that i was pretty happy with the amount of responses on yesterday's thread, but most people something like " oh cool nvm jkjk we weren't that mad lol. "

And yeah Steve response was kinda meh to be honest and i understand it's because of legal reasons he can't say much, so we just have to wait to see what happens, i speak for myself  when i say i'm gonna wait and see what happens first before i spend more money on the game.

I like you.

And i agree that i was pretty happy with the amount of responses on yesterday's thread, but most people are now saying something like " oh cool nvm jkjk we weren't that mad lol. "

And yeah Steve response was kinda meh to be honest and i understand it's because of legal reasons he can't say much, so we just have to wait to see what happens, i speak for myself  when i say i'm gonna wait and see what happens first before i spend more money on the game.

Cute, but naive to a fault.

Depending on what is actually going down, PWE could end up playing any number of roles in the future of this game. Some of the possibilities are incredibly grim to people who've been burned by them in the past. They aren't as horrible as GamersFirst but they seem to give it their best shot.

If they do acquire Warframe in a sense that has them making the big calls then there is nothing a soul can do about it and not logging in for a month wont get anything changed. You make a choice for yourself - if what you feel the worst case scenario is occurs then is PWE a dramatic enough problem that you have to game elsewhere. If yes, then fine. Enjoy your next adventure. 

None of that matters now, however. Right now we need to wait so that we can get official word on the scope of the issue.

I haven't had any experience with GamersFirst luckily, not as far as I know anyway. Are they really worse than PW? I didn't think it was possible.

Seriously now...  If you love warframe play it as much as you can now and always....  

That's as logical as saying that you will keep playing with your pet dog even after it got rabies or died hit by a truck.

"DE for president!"

It's the "wait and see" moment for now.

If there is a merge, then we'll know if the game is still under DE's entire creative control and proper management a few weeks or months later if new PWE 'features' are added to Warframe. If they aren't, then we can breathe a sigh of relief; if they are, well it'll be a lost cause and Warframe will simply turn into another PWE money cow that'll be milked dry sooner than later when the community dies down to nothing.

At best, some of the revenue from every ingame purchase (like they stand now) in Warframe will go to PWE and that'll be all we hear of it. At worst, expect the lockbox / triple-threat RNG grindwall of DOOM / insanely low drop rates and commodities we're used to have been made available to the dedicated players to be locked away behind a cash shop. Reactors and Catalysts? No more alerts for them or blueprints, only in the cash shop.

At the very best, expect the DE execs to turn down PWE in one way or another so that'll be put behind them. But then, there wouldn't be real cause for relief if PWE really really wants to own DE through using other means that might not be as friendly and agreable. At that point, it might actually end even more poorly for everyone involved... but that's if PWE continues to try after the initial "No".

Even if DE went and said "We're still keeping control", the deal hasn't been concluded yet so such a statement isn't yet put in stone. So cautious skeptimism is the best option for the moment. I wish it'll remain untouched but given PWE's track record, I'd say that if the deal go through, DE's development team is probably gonna be forced to step on their morals and pride not because they want to, but because the higher ups at PWE demanded them to DE's execs which in turns means they'll need to force the development team to comply with the changes..

Edited by Wiegraf

Microsoft on E3 2013 did a complete 180 turn on their policies after revealing how restrictive the xbox one would be towards users and receiving the community backlash.

The very PROSPECT of losing profit makes companies change their policies, just a prediction, not an actual number or a metric.

We don't need to go on a boycott, all we need to do is make them feel that they will lose enough money for them to change their plans.

This is hard because:

1. 99% of the playerbase is not part of any online community and will never even be aware that PWE is thinking of acquiring DE stock shares.

2. Warframe is only 1 out of 999 investments PWE already has, whether or not this game is profitable might not be such a big deal when they have a thousand other investments running.

3. Developers welcome PWE very much due to the access to funding and more security in their salaries, overall better working conditions and pretty much a safe future.

The truth is that we, as a part of the community, are powerless against this, devs are not at our side, 99% of the community is apathic, not enough people actually care about videogames, unless someone here is the owner of a giant corporation and is willing to buy down DE before PWE, we can't do anything.

Edited by PieFlavor

That's as logical as saying that you will keep playing with your pet dog even after it got rabies or died hit by a truck.

No. I'm saying to enjoy Warframe as it is now and worry about the future when it draws near.

there are "..." after I wrote "always" so quote my entire post please.

thanks.

Edited by sushidubya