Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Formae Cernos! [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

ok... I'm gonna get technical now so if you dont like that look away

the bow design itself would not work as it has too much curve because it wouldn't bent like a bow is supposed to. when using this bow design it would stretch which wont send the arrow 5 feet let alone kill somebody but I have an easy fix: less curve, more length. or turn the "bunny ears"(yes I went there) into/wrap with springs as that might fix the problem see. other than that it looks good, nice job

What?

Dont listen to that guy! This bow needs MORE strings, MOAR bunny ears! >:D

ok... I'm gonna get technical now so if you dont like that look away

the bow design itself would not work as it has too much curve because it wouldn't bent like a bow is supposed to. when using this bow design it would stretch which wont send the arrow 5 feet let alone kill somebody but I have an easy fix: less curve, more length. or turn the "bunny ears"(yes I went there) into/wrap with springs as that might fix the problem see. other than that it looks good, nice job

Erm, I can see what you're saying but uh... I don't think technicality has any room to talk in a space ninja game.  The Paris bow for example says, "The PARIS uses a chargeable magnetic field to launch arrows capable of impaling enemies to walls."

I'm sure this design could do something similar if if had to.

Erm, I can see what you're saying but uh... I don't think technicality has any room to talk in a space ninja game.  The Paris bow for example says, "The PARIS uses a chargeable magnetic field to launch arrows capable of impaling enemies to walls."

I'm sure this design could do something similar if if had to.

To expand on the technicality, if you were to reach from the string to the body when full drawn, the arrows would have to be longer than the Galatine, if my sense of scale is correct, so I suggest moving the string closer to the body, as johnnymish suggested:

turn the "bunny ears"(yes I went there) into/wrap with springs as that might fix the problem see.

Hi blazingcobalt, it's me again. I've noticed some people that are curious about how far your Cernos Prime (Formae Cernos) draws back. When the first time I looked at it, this was the impression that I got...

warframe_blazingcobalt_cernosprime.png

...As you can see the limbs appear to shorten a bit from the side because as they move forward their tips get further apart. Also I've marked the "V" junction points with a dot along the string.

Please excuse the crudity of my edit, and if I'm correct about this, I hope it clears up some confusion.

You guys understand draw length doesnt matter right? The bow and string can require any draw length the creator wants by virtue of being a completely fictional weapon in a malleable game engine environment.

Speaking of malleable. What I'd meant to illustrate was the idea that the string draws out of the ends of the limbs then when released the limbs snapped forward to fire the arrow. Afterwards the string would retract back into the limbs and the resting state of the weapon is as blazingcobalt drew.

But that is just supposition on my part.

;__;

Please forgive me, I meant no offense ; ;

As always, the animation mechanics of the weapon are at the artist's discretion.

Hi blazingcobalt, it's me again. I've noticed some people that are curious about how far your Cernos Prime (Formae Cernos) draws back. When the first time I looked at it, this was the impression that I got...

warframe_blazingcobalt_cernosprime.png

...As you can see the limbs appear to shorten a bit from the side because as they move forward their tips get further apart. Also I've marked the "V" junction points with a dot along the string.

Please excuse the crudity of my edit, and if I'm correct about this, I hope it clears up some confusion.

Please forgive me, I meant no offense ; ;

As always, the animation mechanics of the weapon are at the artist's discretion.

No offense taken, haha. Feedback is always good. c:

I quite like the idea of what you did! I'll add that image and a link to your post into the OP.

No offense taken, haha. Feedback is always good. c:

I quite like the idea of what you did! I'll add that image and a link to your post into the OP.

Appreciate it ^^.

Maybe if we're lucky they'll adopt the Formae retro-engineering proccess for some weapons. *fingers-crossed*

Grats on your mini-feature in Warframe Prime Time!

Oh and I guess this also counts as a Ninja Bump. o.O;;

And here I am still waiting for Cernos Prime XD Love your concept!

Suggestion: The arrow head looks a bit plain srry :/ Maybe switch the golden shaft with a golden arrow head?

Just a side note, I think this is what Cernos is supposed to reference:

Cernunnos, the Horned God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos

Edited by Rhekinos

Suggestion: The arrow head looks a bit plain srry :/ Maybe switch the golden shaft with a golden arrow head?

I agree with you there.

I'll see what I can do later tonight. Maybe I can get something going that looks like horns for an arrow head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's impact based, so blunt head.... The paris uses magnetic induction, the dread idk sharp arrows i think?, and then the cernos. if you're wearing something that doenst hold up well agais t impact, and under there s ur skin, wut would u make for dmg mitigation? something that reinforces impact, so shoes or really stable stuff that make u really stable.

This means, ideally, the corpus units that are affected by gravity, would need something to charge themselves up. the corpus prize intel, money,

so they supposed to be efficient. hmmm

Just some food for thought. im rili hangri, nid snikers :3