Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lanka Shouldn't Be A Reskinned Bow

Psychosist

Great video, but that's only under the assumption we all have seven Forma, max Serrations, and max Heavy Calibers on our builds.

It's great use of game mechanics, but the Lanka needs to primarily remain as a sniper, not an AoE.

It's main functions of high damage and wall-pierce need to be built upon and addressed before we take a look at status.

4 Forma on mine for the same effect and you dont need that may to do it

Innate electicity lets it do that already

Just throw on as many status and damage mods as you can and the rest work itself

Gas build is handy for the Lanka

4 Forma on mine for the same effect and you dont need that may to do it

Innate electicity lets it do that already

Just throw on as many status and damage mods as you can and the rest work itself

Gas build is handy for the Lanka

I personally don't really like the feel of an AoE Lanka. There's Ogris if I want to decimate crowds.

Still rooting for increased crit chance and damage.

I personally don't really like the feel of an AoE Lanka. There's Ogris if I want to decimate crowds.

Still rooting for increased crit chance and damage.

The ogris is a bad example

It pretty much obsoletes everything that isnt the Ogris and is long overdue for a nerf

Thatd be like saying bows are obsolete because of the ogris

Oh hey thats conveniently related to the thread

The ogris is a bad example

It pretty much obsoletes everything that isnt the Ogris and is long overdue for a nerf

Thatd be like saying bows are obsolete because of the ogris

Oh hey thats conveniently related to the thread

I'm not calling the Lanka's AoE "obsolete" because of Ogris. Yeah, the Ogris is super strong and all, but it's not everyone's weapon. Some find it fun, others don't. 

I'm saying the Lanka's job is to act as a sniper, and if I wanted to utilize it as an AoE weapon, there are other weapons designed to take that role. Killing doesn't mean everything.

I'm not calling the Lanka's AoE "obsolete" because of Ogris. Yeah, the Ogris is super strong and all, but it's not everyone's weapon. Some find it fun, others don't. 

I'm saying the Lanka's job is to act as a sniper, and if I wanted to utilize it as an AoE weapon, there are other weapons designed to take that role. Killing doesn't mean everything.

Because the Lanka cant be used as both an AoE sniper right?

It has innate Electric damage that has an AoE that deals bonus AoE damage

Id say it was designed just for that

Lanka doesn't kill you. And sometimes I use a Sniper as assault rifle. xD

This AOE-Build of Lanka... I don't like it. I've seen videos about it on youtube and I stick with my punch-through-spike-damage-wonder.

It's sniper, not some AOE-dot rifle. If people still want it to use that way, they can, but please no balancing arround that.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Lanka doesn't kill you. And sometimes I use a Sniper as assault rifle. xD

This AOE-Build of Lanka... I don't like it. I've seen videos about it on youtube and I stick with my punch-through-spike-damage-wonder.

It's sniper, not some AOE-dot rifle. If people still want it to use that way, they can, but please no balancing arround that.

You know

The AoE build doesnt change that its a sniper and can snipe the exact same way and its damage is actually better when you take the status procs into consideration

• 3 weeks later...

I miss talking on this thread glad its bumped. Also how bout that vulkar? Besides the point I know but its like a handicapped child compared to the other 2 (or 3 but snipetrons sorta on par with it.)

Lanka might be the hardest to use guns in the game and it should reflect that.

+1 to this. Interesting changes.

Such a drastic change, however, would have to bring about a drastic change to each sniper rifle so not to prompt a 'Lanka master race' argument. 

I love the X-Ray scope and the 100% charge hit-scan and autocharge mechanics. Actually I like them all. 

I hope this does get put into effect and when it does, they take a good long look at other snipers and try to bring each one of them their own little clever niche.

Well written!

+1 to this. Interesting changes.

Such a drastic change, however, would have to bring about a drastic change to each sniper rifle so not to prompt a 'Lanka master race' argument. 

I love the X-Ray scope and the 100% charge hit-scan and autocharge mechanics. Actually I like them all. 

I hope this does get put into effect and when it does, they take a good long look at other snipers and try to bring each one of them their own little clever niche.

Well written!

I could write more threads for every other sniper, but I feel the Lanka has the most potential due to its unique charge punch through mechanics.

Guest Tehnoobshow

I could write more threads for every other sniper, but I feel the Lanka has the most potential due to its unique charge punch through mechanics.

What do you think about the recent buff, is it enough for all snipers in general?

What do you think about the recent buff, is it enough for all snipers in general?

Quite frankly I dislike the recent buffs, a lot. Quoting from page eight of the thread:

I am pretty upset and disappointed with the Sniper "buffs". You could have implemented better mechanics and made them unique but all we got were half-crapped damage buffs. Snipers still don't crit consistently (because hey, it's fun to do only 25% damage half the time) and still don't have an ounce of punch-through. Sorry DE, you went about this the wrong way. As one-shot weapons, snipers should have consistent damage (100% crit chance modded) and need punch-through to better deal with multiple enemies.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256306-the-lanka-shouldnt-be-a-reskinned-bow/

Please just read that and understand that the Dread and Paris Prime still crap on all of your snipers. Please, DE, try again, and make things right.

Edited by Psychosist

Write more anyway, supported on the hitscan on full charge, auto-charge, x-ray scope, Hek - all suggestions :D