Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Build For Trini 2.0?

Nrininy

Question

I am thinking of a new build for Trinity, but I cannot decide whether bringing Rage/EV or forma the aura slot and put an Energy Siphon in it. I considered remaining the D aura polarity because Arcane Aura helmet is a nice thing, but I need to give up 5% base health. Physique can give me back ~20 hp, which is actually nice for the new Trinity.

I am thinking of the following builds:

1. (3 forma, if remain D aura polarity)

Mainly a duration build, without Rage or EV, which means it is better for me to forma the aura slot and put an Energy Siphon. Negative power strength, therefore it is no good to install EV. This can give me more range on my Link even with maxed narrowminded.

NHgk1BA.png

Details:

Ici1y5d.png

2. (2 forma, if remain D aura polarity)

Good to use with Physique. I don't have to worry about the energy problem thanks to Rage and EV. Lower energy efficiency with more way to gain energy, however, still have negative power range (Therefore I need to stick to the enemy I casted EV on, to guarantee I can get the energy)

1ZVhogc.png

Details:

mR79B2u.png

One thing is that the aura mod is not fixed yet. I am considering using Physique with the Arcane Aura helmet, or forma the aura slot (from D to Dash) and use Energy Siphon with a normal (Or non-arcane) helmet. I cannot decide using which of them :P

So what do you think about them? Do you think power efficiency/range/duration should be the first thing to consider? Or does it worth it to install Rage/EV?

11 answers to this question

try this

I had seen his build, but I am focusing on the maximizing of the damage reduction, therefore QT is essencial in my build. I already got a build for health refill, but still thanks :)

Physique is a garbage mod (it only applies to BASE health and not TOTAL health). If you're going to keep the D aura, replace it with Rejuvenation.

I am aware of this. The point of installing it here is that, with enough power efficiency, Rejuvenation is still a garbage mod on Trini. with the most 40 energy, my teammates and I can have my health PLUS shield refllled instanly. I am trying to see if I can use this mod to counter the loss of health from my Arcane Aura helmet. My health will drop from 740 to ~700, while I can get to ~720 with Physique installed.

This is the only situation this aura can shine a LITTLE BIT. *Of course it shines brightly if all players in your squad installed this mod. Shiny but still useless x)*

I am aware of this. The point of installing it here is that, with enough power efficiency, Rejuvenation is still a garbage mod on Trini. with the most 40 energy, my teammates and I can have my health PLUS shield refllled instanly. I am trying to see if I can use this mod to counter the loss of health from my Arcane Aura helmet. My health will drop from 740 to ~700, while I can get to ~720 with Physique installed.

This is the only situation this aura can shine a LITTLE BIT. *Of course it shines brightly if all players in your squad installed this mod. Shiny but still useless x)*

You're honestly much better off with changing the aura polarity for Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection. There are very few instances where 20 health will save you from dying (all of which would be in low to mid level missions). Once you head over to higher level (like say T4) missions, the small health gain will not matter at all.

To answer your other questions:

Max efficiency is definitely a given if you want to use Blessing within a moment's notice, but duration is not as important as it once was for Blessing. Now I'm assuming you want to grant as much damage reduction as possible from Blessing, but in order for that to happen, a party member's health bar would have to drop as low as possible without getting downed. This may not always be possible, so there has to be a balance on the amount of duration you put on. Too much duration would mean you won't be able to recast Blessing if a party member suddenly gets dangerously low in health immediately after you already cast Blessing. Too little duration, and the party won't fully benefit from a capped damage reduction Blessing. In addition, low duration would mean more frequent link casts. Therefore, you'll have to decide for yourself just how high or low you're willing to go, keeping all that in mind.

Keeping decent range is also a must if you want to keep link active (having too short of a link means a waste of a cast after all). It's free high damage reduction for yourself, so you would rarely have to worry about your own health and allow you to focus on your party members.

I rarely use Energy Vamp, so I can't really say if it's better to have it or not (irregardless I simply left it out of my build). Rage on the other hand, would be nice to have, but it isn't terribly necessary from my experience. In terms of having enough energy to feed Quick Thinking, I don't ever remember an instance where Quick Thinking didn't have the energy it needed to activate. Her base 225 energy bar should be enough to keep the bigger attacks at bay. This would further be reinforced with a max efficiency build as well as any energy siphons that are running in the party. These same reasons hold true for having enough energy for general use (i.e. keeping link up and throwing out the occasional blessing).

Note: I'm basing these conclusions from my experiences in using Trinity for T4 void missions (namely def/survival/interception), so your mileage may greatly vary if you don't plan to use her in such missions.

Also, my build for your reference:

xGUJ6PL.jpg

You'll notice it is similar to your first build.

Edited by Deetwo

I've never really grew too fond of Quick Thinking. As I'm using Link-centric build, my Trinity is usually the last one to be on the verge of death. So I can't properly utilize 99% Blessing reduction to justify QT, as I have to cast Blessing much sooner to save others. I could change my playstyle to be more suicidal but I'm not good at that and I would have to be always taking more damage than others to avoid Bless-waste.

As for Rage, using it in the same build as EV is probably waste of the slot. EV gives you enough energy for everything. Only time Rage helps is when getting damaged after you've been hit by Disruptor (after magnetic debuff dissipate). But you can substitute it with energy restores and save the slot.

And you should really reform aura slot to Dash. It's not just EV, but also Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar and all Scavengers. Any of these are much more useful for you and your team than Physique, Rejuvenation or, heavens forbid, Infested Impedance.

It's hard to pick the one true build for Trinity as there is too many playstyles and everyone have different preferences. So my playstyle much likely differs from yours (keep Link, Bless when someone takes health damage and in the meantime EV all the things) and all this won't be of much use for you. But if you are interested, here http://goo.gl/PzbMeh is what I'm using right now. 2 Formas build centered around maximizing QoL. (I know there are 3 but one is a D under the EV. And you could even make it no-Forma by using Physique/Rejuvenation and Continuity instead of Constitution.)

Edited by Andoryuu

I've never really grew too fond of Quick Thinking. As I'm using Link-centric build, my Trinity is usually the last one to be on the verge of death. So I can't properly utilize 99% Blessing reduction to justify QT, as I have to cast Blessing much sooner to save others. I could change my playstyle to be more suicidal but I'm not good at that and I would have to be always taking more damage than others to avoid Bless-waste.

I would have to agree to a certain extent. I only found Quick Thinking useful in the unfortunate times when I was caught with link down and was hit exceptionally hard by an enemy. Although, It is worthy of note that I only experienced such a situation with higher level T4 enemies.

Edited by Deetwo

If you're planning to self nuke to activate QT and thus activate 99% damage reduction for your team, might as well go full out with all the duration mods and nothing but QT+Flow for defenses.