[DE]Steve

Re: Warframe & Shares (Late Response Is Late)

I think everyone here is glad to hear that the game we all love will remain in it's developer's hands. With a great playerbase of loyal Tenno, not to mention our PS4 and soon to be XBoxONE tenno joining the fight, it would be a huge mistake to merge with a company known for ending games with promise by loading them down with microtransactions and pay to win tactics. Glad to see a developer with some form  of integrity sticking to its guns.

Why is everyone so happy? :O

I wouldn't tell my granny if I were to give her the boot... i'd convince her that she'd be better off with professionals in a nursing home.

Damage Control II is set to overheat.

We can only hope and brace for impact.

Edited by Isohexan
  • Upvote 3

I'm going to say this... Because I feel it needs to be said.

I swore fealty to the Lotus... NOT the Corpus.

PWE is more than that... It's Alad V on hard drugs...

I kind of understand Valkyr right now. And if this "deal" finally happens the entire community is going into a full modded Hysteria and DE is not going to like it

Please excuse my english, btw

Edited by (PS4)Astro_BS-AS
  • Upvote 3

I wish this would reassure me. I mean, you're obviously right; you do INTEND to keep the game and its' design in your own hands, but... PW isn't going to let that happen.

Once this all goes through.. I'm out. It'll only be a matter of time before PW takes it into their own hands and monetizes the crap out of it. I'm not sticking around for market 2.0 and RNG 2.0, thank you. Over a 1,000 hours in (This is my total before the Optional Reset + now) and a Grandmaster; I must say, thank you for the year and a half of enjoyment you gave me. It was great and this is not the end I envisioned. I had high-hopes for this game and for the dev teams word to be true; that this game would be done without publisher meddling. Now here we are.

I sincerely hope whatever board is in charge of this considers TURNING DOWN PW and looking for other investors. With this high-quality F2P game, there will be much better investors out there to help you. Don't do this DE, don't. Don't slaughter the true Dark Sector.

Edited by Nealybealy
  • Upvote 4

Recent news has generated thousands upon thousands of posts and this measly paragraph of a response is all this community is worth.. wow

Dude, DE's legally barred from talking about it. They obviously told us what they could.

Now, I'm somewhat optimistic but still wary. I think we're going to have to wait for the actual deal to come to light before that wariness truly subsides.

• Upvote 1

I rather have them talking to EA or Comcast over PWE that's saying something.

• Upvote 3

Dear Tenno,

You may have read something about the business development side of Digital Extremes and it may have you concerned. For legal reasons, we can't disclose specifics but if you know the history of Warframe you'd know that we are intent on having Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes. Yes, opportunities will arise for us but the game itself is and will remain a labor of love.

-Steve

But the question here is. . .

I-love-gold-goldmember-3ya.jpg

Do you love gold?

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I think everyone here is glad to hear that the game we all love will remain in it's developer's hands. With a great playerbase of loyal Tenno, not to mention our PS4 and soon to be XBoxONE tenno joining the fight, it would be a huge mistake to merge with a company known for ending games with promise by loading them down with microtransactions and pay to win tactics. Glad to see a developer with some form  of integrity sticking to its guns.

c7c76e411c.gif

• Upvote 8

thanks for the update guys at DE. you have given me hope again to counteract the fear.

I've been away from this game for over a year because of computer issues and I've never posted to the forums before, as I generally lurk. This is a huge deal for me because now when a new machine is on the horizon for me, there's talk of selling out to PWE, which has already ruined several other games I used to enjoy. Hence why it's a HUGE deal. For me. I might just cry. I can safely say you guys will lose a LOT of players if this happens and I for one won't bother coming back.

I understand you guys have to be vague for legal reasons, and that being said, that answer isn't quite as clear as everyone thinks it is. The possibility of PWE getting their filthy hands on all DE projects and turning them into nickel-and-diming operations with no further development actually put into gameplay is very real. Not that my opinion matters among all the others (especially not to a terrible corporation like PWE) but I'll be watching closely and won't make an effort to get back into the game unless it's decided for sure that DE doesn't become one of them.

Edited by kittyclawz
  • Upvote 5

thanks for the update guys at DE. you have given me hope again to counteract the fear.

c2424c0464.gif

• Upvote 4

"we are intent on having Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes"

do people even fall for this PR bull?

this sentence doesn't even mean anything, design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes? it doesn't matter if PWE owns them as the higher up can and will be able to influence the design any time. Even if the DE team is still in charge of creative design, PWE will be in charge of montization of the game, and will absolutely force DE to make design choices that will make them the most money and or meet a quota . and for us players, those choices will most likely involve alot of microtransactions and be detrimental to the gameplay experience.

so as someone who played star trek online and neverwinter, here's my advice: get out before this game become another of PWE's money trap

• Upvote 6

WAT ?

You posted this nonsense because you just wanted to quoted didn't you? ...

HA not to be rude or anything but hope in one hand S#&$ in the other and see which one gets full faster 

• Upvote 1

WAT ?

You posted this nonsense because you just wanted to quoted didn't you? ...

Everyone just wants to see this thread become the longest thread as Warframe's final memorial :P

• Upvote 2

If someone slapped an Excalibur face on Obi, and Steve on Anakin, I'd die of laughter. Something a good deal of people here need right about now. You guys are gonna develop ulcers at this rate - though I obviously get why....

Ask and you shall receive.

Lest this post be deleted for accurate portrayal, save the video. Let it stand until proven otherwise with 100% guarantee that PWE will not be over DE's shoulders.

• Upvote 13

Can we all take a chill pill, please?

After reading this thread, I'd like to note several things.

1) The choice isn't up to the Warframe developers. Digital Extremes has been around and Warframe isn't their only game. It's really up to DE corporate.

2) Even if there is a deal going on, it might not be a buyout. We don't know how many shares PWE owns. 

3) We know nothing. Just be patient, quit the speculation. DE heard our message, and it'll stick in their heads when offered to sign a paper. 

Have faith in DE, they know what they're doing.

Oh, and please stop asking about U14 for PC and 13.7 for PS4. There are other threads for that, and frankly, they'll be here when they get here. 

• Upvote 4