[DE]Steve

Re: Warframe & Shares (Late Response Is Late)

Can we all take a chill pill, please?

After reading this thread, I'd like to note several things.

1) The choice isn't up to the Warframe developers. Digital Extremes has been around and Warframe isn't their only game. It's really up to DE corporate.

2) Even if there is a deal going on, it might not be a buyout. We don't know how many shares PWE owns. 

3) We know nothing. Just be patient, quit the speculation. DE heard our message, and it'll stick in their heads when offered to sign a paper. 

Have faith in DE, they know what they're doing.

Oh, and please stop asking about U14 for PC and 13.7 for PS4. There are other threads for that, and frankly, they'll be here when they get here. 

Now i'm relieved. :')

9ca3bbbbc1.gif

• Upvote 1

"we are intent on having Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes"

I sure hope so, but seriously, how long will that last? $$money$$ changes everything. Dont **** your game over DE!!!

Ask and you shall receive.

Lest this post be deleted for accurate portrayal, save the video. Let it stand until proven otherwise with 100% guarantee that PWE will not be over DE's shoulders.

This disgusts me. Steve isn't responsible for what DE corporate does. Nor is Rebecca, Sheldon,. Mynki, Geoff, Pablo, Dorian, Megan...any of them. We aren't sure who has a say in the deal, or what's involved in the deal. If you can't be patient and wait for a few days for an announcement, you are not Tenno.

• Upvote 3

Wile i have happy to hear this. intent does not pay out the payroll. so for now. i hope for the best and expect the worst 

I'm still worried on PWE getting their hands even on a tiny bit of Warframe... Anyway...

• Upvote 1

I'm still worried on PWE getting their hands even on a tiny bit of Warframe... Anyway...

Like I said before, PWE is the touch of death. The fact we've even heard about it this far means we're screwed.

• Upvote 2

She mentions why its locked on that final post, it got locked due to the emergence of "an official statement / thread", not because of all the Anti-PW content.

.....oh ok.....I imagine were going to see more getting locked up......like this one;)

.....oh ok.....I imagine were going to see more getting locked up......like this one;)

Part of me hopes this thread gets locked right at the 999th post.

Hey.... Hey everyone.

TOLD YOU SO.

Red Text must evolve into Rainbow Text on every July 3rd to commemorate this triumph!

Hey.... Hey everyone.

TOLD YOU SO.

Yes, well, they SAY that, but that doesn't mean that influences won't happen.

Blizzard told us back when Activision bought them out that WoW would remain theirs and they'd have (they claimed) full creative license over the game, blah blah. Sounds pretty familiar to what Steve is saying in this thread, right?

BUT......

Fast-forward to today, and we have cash shops for all sorts of mounts and pets, some content feels rushed/incomplete (like any other Activision/EA game), and now... you can.... BUY... a fully leveled character. Oh, and the expansion pack is $10 more than previous expansion packs were.

.... so yes, I think people have a right to be concerned about Warframe's future. Yes, DE might still have creative license and/or full ownership of Warframe, but that doesn't mean that PWE won't get its say/influence.

Edited by Xylia

Red Text must evolve into Rainbow Text on every July 3rd to commemorate this triumph!

Except there wasn't actually any triumph!

1b34edcb0c.png

• Upvote 1

Even though I don't doubt the intentions of DE, Perfect World is insidious.  I still don't find this comforting.  Let's hope this is just an investment play and not a "we want a say in DE" move.

Also, much respect, but it's way to early to say "told you so".  Until we see the effects of this deal, we don't know who will eat their words yet.

Edited by azntrigboi

Can we all take a chill pill, please?

After reading this thread, I'd like to note several things.

1) The choice isn't up to the Warframe developers. Digital Extremes has been around and Warframe isn't their only game. It's really up to DE corporate.

Correct, poor Steve's emotional scar labor of love is probably going to be stripped from his warm loving hands because the big bosses make the decisions.

2) Even if there is a deal going on, it might not be a buyout. We don't know how many shares PWE owns.

The main problem is influence and not control.

From the original Dark Sector we know what the result can be.

We could end up with a patch were the void sends us back in time to 1865 were we now go and hunt witches.

3) We know nothing. Just be patient, quit the speculation. DE heard our message, and it'll stick in their heads when offered to sign a paper.

No it wont. Money just thinks about money, about getting more money, it's like the Infested. The big bosses are probably thinking about the Chinese market and all those Yuans that are going to come in.

Look at the last Transformers film, half of it was in China with Chinese product placement. Evil money dictated this because of all the money they could get.

Have faith in DE, they know what they're doing.

Nah, man, just remember what Sun Tzu said.

"If you are far from the enemy, make believe you are near."

• Upvote 2

We're jumping to conclusions here. Surely DE has put something in to prevent a company takeover, or they would have been bought long ago.

Also, who was the guy who started saying this was a merger? *facepalm* It's just shares. Whether PW will get a say, we don't know, but rest assured that PW won't have all of their decisions being passed.

Even though I don't doubt the intentions of DE, Perfect World is insidious.  I still don't find this comforting.  Let's hope this is just an investment play and not a "we want a say in DE" move.

Also, much respect, but it's way to early to say "told you so".  Until we see the effects of this deal, we don't know who will eat their words yet.

What reason can PW possibly have to invest in DE aside from getting their hands on one more game to exploit?

Edited by AlexVFrost
  • Upvote 1

They have not stated that PWE is NOT buying them... Here's a cute story...

Cryptic studios was a wonderful game company, but needed help. They were bought by PWE. All was fine for 1 month. After that 1 month, PWE stepped in and removed most creative rights and started destroying one of Cryptic's most precious games. They could not turn back. They were given a second chance with a game called Neverwinter. It was a great game, only cryptic's hands were in it, and PWE were funding it. Come an 'expansion' and Cryptic lost 100% control over the game even after PWE said they would allow full control to cryptic. So what happened? They were given freedom for a short period and then had it ripped away thanks to the fact they are OWNED by someone, and legally cannot fight back due to it. It is a binding contract that is in short, permanent.

I've worked with PWE employees and some of my friends worked for them... THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR STAFF WELL! They are very intent on breaking their employees into doing anything for the smallest wage possible. They do not enjoy  revealing any non-issued information or data information to the public, -AT ALL-.

DE, your dev streams and even showing us where drops are in the void? PWE would censor this. They would punish you for 'helping the gamers'.

This is just a warning from someone who's dealt with them... Don't do it...

I just hope you've not made any deals with them... They're liars and fools... Do not trust them.

To everyone else: If this deal has not been made, then relax. The game is still currently in DE's hands and we can still enjoy it. What will happen, will happen. Enjoy it while you can. This message was meant for a moderator or admin to see and relay to the rest of the staff for consideration.

• Upvote 9

We're jumping to conclusions here. Surely DE has put something in to prevent a company takeover, or they would have been bought long ago.

Also, who was the guy who started saying this was a merger? *facepalm* It's just shares. Whether PW will get a say, we don't know, but rest assured that PW won't have all of their decisions being passed.

What exactly would they put in place to prevent them from selling their game? Not sure how that works.

This man have balls.

Just realized when i saw you quoting me that it was just the summary and not my actual text so heres the actual thing:D

pwesupport16ekew.jpg

And btw. it was more about the answear from them for all the guys who are saying we are done with this topic.

• Upvote 4

Hey.... Hey everyone.

TOLD YOU SO.

LOL! I love the quote that you picked because you KNOW that this can be read to mean that they will continue to build warframe but the design has NOTHING to do with the business aspect which is what people are worried about.

No one here claimed that PW was going to strip the Warframe team from Warframe and have a totally PW approved team come in and design the game.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/perfect-world-prepares-to-buy-warframe-developer-digital-extremes/

Basically, if the deal goes through, PWE will have a controlling interesting in DE - doubtful that it's just an investment play.

However, they did notice that DE still has that final say in what happens 

And if MMO bomb noticed our protest, I think DE has at least take it into consideration.

We could end up with a patch were the void sends us back in time to 1865 were we now go and hunt witches.

*Sexy moe witches

What reason can PW possibly have to invest in DE aside from getting their hands on one more game to exploit?

Perfect World USA's game populations are dramatically dropping, especially in the interest of the cash shops. They ride off the hype of a game, the game slowly dies down, and soon dies away, then they buy out another company. The chinese Perfect World does not need to constantly buy out because the chinese gamers actually -enjoy- this concept of gameplay. Different culture, different enjoyment... Or at least, they've not experienced other things outside the great firewall of china... :\

They have not stated that PWE is NOT buying them... Here's a cute story...

Cryptic studios was a wonderful game company, but needed help. They were bought by PWE. All was fine for 1 month. After that 1 month, PWE stepped in and removed most creative rights and started destroying one of Cryptic's most precious games. They could not turn back. They were given a second chance with a game called Neverwinter. It was a great game, only cryptic's hands were in it, and PWE were funding it. Come an 'expansion' and Cryptic lost 100% control over the game even after PWE said they would allow full control to cryptic. So what happened? They were given freedom for a short period and then had it ripped away thanks to the fact they are OWNED by someone, and legally cannot fight back due to it. It is a binding contract that is in short, permanent.

I've worked with PWE employees and some of my friends worked for them... THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR STAFF WELL! They are very intent on breaking their employees into doing anything for the smallest wage possible. They do not enjoy  revealing any non-issued information or data information to the public, -AT ALL-.

DE, your dev streams and even showing us where drops are in the void? PWE would censor this. They would punish you for 'helping the gamers'.

This is just a warning from someone who's dealt with them... Don't do it...

I just hope you've not made any deals with them... They're liars and fools... Do not trust them.

To everyone else: If this deal has not been made, then relax. The game is still currently in DE's hands and we can still enjoy it. What will happen, will happen. Enjoy it while you can. This message was meant for a moderator or admin to see and relay to the rest of the staff for consideration.

The fact that we are hearing about it means the deal has been made and sealed. If the deal hadn't been made already, it'd be in some boardroom where noone could see, both to prevent the public's impact on the deal and to keep people from panicing before it's too late anyways.