Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Apologize, Why The Soma Should Not Be Nerfed!

OrphanMaker

Hi everybody. Earlier I called for the soma and boltor prime to be nerfed. Now I don't think that anymore and this is why.

The soma is an absolutely beautiful gun. It is exactly what I always wanted in a gun but could never get. It is nothing but a braton with a more power and an increased magazine size ( its a big boy braton). The soma is not over powered in anyway. It is a correct weapon unlike many other weapons in this game. And thats just it. A lot of the weapon in this game are completely broken, and, by comparision, these broken weapons make the soma look over powered. We, as players, are so used to, sorry to say, such broken stupid weapons that when ever we encounter a weapon that is not broken we instantly say "nerf!"

I at first compared this weapon to my 5 forma gorgon. As we all the know the gorgon used to be the, what is called, the "godgon." It was an amazing weapon until it got nerfed. And this here is the main problem. Everytime with get a good gun or weapon the Devs nerf it and make a broken weapon, and this is why the soma does not need nerfing. If the soma is nerfed it will become another broken weapon that no will use. I have found a like for the soma because it is what all the other weapons in warframe should be "useable." The soma is properly balanced. It does not have any crazy gimmick stats like the gorgon, supra, or flux rifle. The gorgon, for example have many gimmicky problems with it. For one it have a crazy reload speed of 4.2 seconds, for two a crazy long spin up time, three low power, forth crazy recoil and etc. The gun have problem every which way you look. These weapons, gorgon, flux rifle and etc, are broken and is in need of a buff to balance them.

The soma, by all means, does not need to be nerfed. If anything the other weapons needs to be buffed to it level.

^^ may be illegible but ill fix later :D

Edited by OrphanMaker

Hi everybody. Earlier I called for the soma and boltor prime to be nerfed. Now I don't think that anymore and this is why.

I just used my soma for the first time after building it and just letting it sit in my foundry, and now I am filled with regret. 0_0

So you called for a nerf on a weapon before even using it?

Soma probably won't be primed due to how powerful it already is. It would look awesome but unless you nerf the original then the prime version would be overboard OP. Mainly because the original version is already at the same level of a prime weapon (boltor prime). So it either would be nerf for prime or don't nerf and no prime.

First council prime weapon?

No, some months ago, an artist hired by DE posted on his blog some official concept art for some tilesets, and amog them was this one:

Somaprimeconcept_zps28bdd689.jpg

This picture mobilized a big topic in the forums at the time, the artist's post was quickly removed from the blog, and all trace of this picture mysteriously vanished from the internet, DE Rebecca replied on the topic something like... Just because he was drawing that, doesn't mean it will make into the game. Fair enough, seems legit. But the intention for Soma Prime is definitely something real or else they wouldn't commission this concept from the artist.

No, some months ago, an artist hired by DE posted on his blog some official concept art for some tilesets, and amog them was this one:

This picture mobilized a big topic in the forums at the time, the artist's post was quickly removed from the blog, and all trace of this picture mysteriously vanished from the internet, DE Rebecca replied on the topic something like... Just because he was drawing that, doesn't mean it will make into the game. Fair enough, seems legit. But the intention for Soma Prime is definitely something real or else they wouldn't commission this concept from the artist.

Holy S#&$! DO WANT! Inb4 500 hours of grind or $200 Prime Access

Edited by Taikaponi

I love the Soma (1 Forma so far, 2 should be all it needs), and even I think it's a bit too good.  If they scaled back the ludicrous Crit multiplier on it, it might be more balanced.

Also, I would kill to see the Soma primed, even if just so the glorious Tenno Kalashnikov might be graced by the elegant golden touch of the Orokin.

It's just like Rhino players asking for Nova nerfs. This apology was necessary. We forgive you.

Nova should never be nerfed. She is way to hard to use to be nerfed.  She is pure offense and no defense, and when things get tough you cant run away like loki with invinsibility, rhino invincibility, nor volt with speed. (I think those are the names) But all in all she is hard to use.

Edited by OrphanMaker

The bottom two... 0_0

She is pure offense and no defense, and when things get tough you cant run away like loki with invinsibility, rhino invincibility, nor volt with speed.

What about tactical Warp Gate usage?

Granted, though, still far harder than "press 2 to get away".

What about tactical Warp Gate usage?

Granted, though, still far harder than "press 2 to get away".

Oh well, the gate needs to be fix it to gimmicky right know. If it was bigger, and had punch through with smart teleport placement. But even with that you still will be shot at.

Edited by OrphanMaker

The Two bottom ones look to exaggerated. Not something that would fit for a clean killer to draw quickly. The top one looks pretty smooth as the gun should be.

MAI RIFE IS COMPRETE~~~