Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #32!

[DE]Rebecca

Who? Tune in to watch Geoff, Scott, Sheldon, and Steve join Rebecca on the couch to talk Warframe!

What? We have much discuss in Devstream #32! From long-term questions to to new content, join us as we return to some long-term hot dev topics and talk about upcoming content!

Where? Join us at http://twitch.tv/Warframe.

When? On Friday, July 4th @ 2 PM EDT! Find your timezone at www.worldtimebuddy.com.

Please post your questions in this thread! Thread closes at 10:00AM EDT on July 4th!

See you there, Tenno!

I would like to see the dev's discuss the difficulty of the game.

As a new player with everything unranked the game is VERY VERY challenging. Then when the player continues playing, he will rank up his items and find more and more different mods.

These mods are then used to fuse and upgrade the so called 'essential' mods. All this time the player becomes exponentially stronger, while the enemy barely increases (comparing the first planet to the last planet). Since as soon as you have a high serration, you can slap it on every single weapon and can almost instantly beat every single mission, see the graph below for a rough indication the difficulty versus the time spend in the game.

The problem here is that for new players the game is too difficult (very high line in the top left) where for veteran players, that have invested a fair amount of time into the game, the game is way too easy (flate line at the bottom right). I would appreciate it if the devs could spend a minute of their time to talk about it and give their opinions. Because in a normal game it is the other way around. It starts easy and becomes more and more difficult the longer you play.

tJg0P2z.jpg

*I also posted something similar during previous devstream topic, but there were many questions and so little time that it was not asked (previous dev stream did already last over an hour, thank you for that!)
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248562-coming-soon-devstream-31/?p=2882486

Edited by Frostosti

Now that we gonna have new infested enemies is there plans for a special type infested hunter like stalker\g3\harvy to hunt us down?

98% of the infested we have now in game are corpus the other 2% is a grineer lancer (charger) and the anciants (old tenno maybe?), but since we have outbreaks in the solar system and the grineer are a clone race will we some day see more grineer infested like a teleporting comander type "leaper" or a scorpion "volatile runner"?

We have Prime weapons, Vandal weapons and Wraith weapons, will we some day have a infected version of special weapons some thing like infectio weapons?

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

Can we have an update on the focus system? Previous stream said it s being re-worked but that is an empty reply. 

Back in January three endgame projects were promised. (Proxy war, Focus system, badlands -> Dark sectors)

We are now over half way through the year and only one (Dark sectors) has made any progress. 

Why have other projects e.g. Kubrows been pushed ahead of end game projects?

Any chance of releasing the "lenses" items for the focus system early before the main release of the focus?

This way we can start stocking up Exp into them and feel like we are achieving and progrssing more with our game time. 

Edited by MDRLOz

1) Do you have any plans on a grand tweaking and balancing update? You already got a lot in the game and more stuff keeps getting added, but a lot of the stuff that already exist need some attention. 

2) Are the upcoming features of U14 going to end up being locked behind large RNG walls, akin to those we saw at U13? 

Edited by se05239

I would like to see the dev's discuss the difficulty of the game.

As a new player with a lev1 frame, weapon, pistol and sword, with no mods at all the game is VERY VERY difficult. Then they play the game and level up their items and acquire new mods. They then fuse those mods and upgrade them as well. Once they have reached the point where they have all the "essential mods" on a decent rank (vitality, serration multishot etc) then basically everything in the entire game can be done. Since as soon as you have a high serration, you can slap it on every single weapon, see the graph below of the difficulty indication. The problem here is that for new players the game is too difficult (very high line on the top left) and for veteran players the game is way too easy (flate line at the bottom right). I would appreciate it if the devs could spend a minute of their time to talk about it and give their opinions. Because in a normal game it is the other way around. It starts easy and becomes more and more difficult the longer you play.

tJg0P2z.jpg

This is a very good question. Other games have increasing difficulty, the very beginning being the easiest. In Warframe this is completely reversed.

When can we expect to see some kind of rework to make certain frames more useful in dealing damage at higher levels? Ember as of right now is almost useless in high level survival, just to mention one.

This may not be the best place for me to answer this, but I hope I can provide a decent answer for you.

If I remember correctly, this was answered in the last Devstream. In order to compensate for the damage falloff of damage-oriented abilities like Fireball, there have been internal suggestions of adding additional utility to these abilities, a bit similar to Volt's Shock. While it may deal damage, it has some utility in its ability to chain and stun. Something like this may be in the works or in concept stages right now.

You are always talking about how to improve the game for the new players, but what are you going to do for the old players who have spent more than 1000+ hours in the game?

Because if I were part of DE I'd like to focus on keeping new players hooked on more and more not focus on old players

Who crave things that aren't exactly a priority.

Edited by izzatuw